After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

I emailed an inquiry about my app...I hope to hear back...but I am starting to get a little discouraged. But either way, Oct is my month to start bcp...with or without the grant.

I have bought several things from the amazon warehouse. I can never find it on their site, so I just google amazon warehouse & it will come up. Everything falls under prime. I actually went through all the baby stuff & added it to my cart. I won't actually buy anything any time soon, but figured I would save it there just in case it is still there when I need it.

I hope you have one of each! You did say they are fraternal, right?

Yay Savvy - I am going to go with the safe bet and say one of each - that way I am at least 50% right!!

Sarah - sorry about the bleeding - but as the doc said all is good!!

AFM - scan tomorrow to hopefully see the heartbeat - might still be a little early. I am really tired today - not sure if I didn't sleep well last night or what - other than that, no real symptoms.

Savvy, I can't wait!!! I'm gonna guess 2 girls, just bc. I have no reasoning so I'm sure I'll be wrong. Lol.

Good luck, beaglemom! I hope everything works out with the grant!

AFM, we had our birthing class this weekend. It was a whole lot of info to take in, and now I'm rethinking having an epidural... I might see if I can stick it out naturally. So, we'll see how that goes... Yikes. Lol.

And question for everyone, who has pets?? And those who do, have you noticed your pets acting differently since you've been preggo? One of my dogs has just been horrible the last few weeks or so. He peed on my couch, and I can't leave him out when I'm gone even for 10 minutes without him getting into the trash. He's never done this, so it's so frustrating! The only thing I can figure is that the pregnancy is stressing him out.

So I am back from the hospital. I got a bit worried when the cramps started to get worse so I called in to the OB. The nurse wanted me to go to triage in case it was contractions. Good news is everything is fine, but I feel a bit foolish that I had to get completely checked out. I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. They told me it is round ligament pain and everything is just stretching out, which is what I thought and hoped it was.

Beaglemom, I hope you hear something soon and I am excited that you are starting either way in October! You sound like me, I am constantly adding things to my amazon cart that I want to get sometime. They are most likely fraternal, there is a slim possibility that they are identical (one egg could split early and they would be in separate sacs). If they are the same gender I will get them tested, they do that after birth. I am stalking your new thread, I look forward to your bfp!

Moni, I hope you get to hear the heartbeat tomorrow, how exciting to have another scan to see your little one. I was extremely exhausted the first trimester, like I could sleep more than half the day. I told my hubby that you are voting on one of each to be 50% right and he thought that was a good idea!

Allison, you and my hubby are guessing the same - he thinks two girls all the way. How fun to have your birthing class! You are brave for no epidural...me on the other hand, I don't handle pain well so bring on the meds! :)

Don't worry, savvy. I felt pretty foolish going to the hospital too, but I'd rather feel foolish than constantly worrying. I'm so glad everything is ok though! : ) what time is your appt today?? I can't wait to hear, I'm going to be stalking this thread all day!!!

And good luck at your appt too, Moni! I think you should be able to at least see the heartbeat now, probably still too early to hear though. Let us know how it goes!!! : )

Yay for appts today! I guess I'll place my bets on one of each too, Savvy!

And Moni not sure about the heartbeat, but I bet you will see/hear it! I had my first appt at 5 1/2 weeks and saw and heard a sweet little bean with a strong heartbeat. BUT I have heard of many ladies who did not the first time, but everything was perfectly fine. As for the fatigue, it's probably not for any particular reason. I was so exhausted in those earlier weeks. I am still not even close to normal energy levels, but I was like bone tired by the evening in weeks 5-6. Not that everyone's experience will be the same by any means...but that's how it was for me.

Beaglemom, that's pretty exciting. I'm hoping the grant comes through, but really glad you'll be doing it either way NEXT month! I know you've been planning it for a few months, so it must feel good to say "next month"!

Savvy, thanks for your kind words. Yeah, the bleeding sucks, but hasn't resurfaced so far this week! And I feel pretty confident that everything will be fine. Just an extra little stress. Sorry you had to make a trip to the hospital, but glad everything is fine. Don't feel silly. This is our first time to be experiencing this...and you're doing it big with twins! That sounds so fun to start getting the room ready. :) We are using a little office beside our bedroom as our house is laid out with all the extra bedrooms upstairs and our master is down. I think it will be just fine as a nursery until we're done popping them out then it can go back to an office. We don't use it much anyway. My wierdo husband does most of his "office" stuff with his laptop on the toilet. LOL Did I mention I'm excited about your gender news?? Oh yeah, I did! :D

Allison how did you find your birthing class? I my first appt with my regular OB on Thursday, so I'm guessing that's stuff the OB office lets you know about. I'm kind of excited about doing that. Although I'm afraid DH will be a drag and give me a hard time about coming. He is very busy with work. I'm afraid he will think that just because he did a few months of OB rotation in med school and has delivered babies and all that that, he doesn't need to come to this. If he does, I'm just going to have to explain that yes he does. LOL As for pets, my cat was extra lovey dovey when I first got pregnant, and I feel like my little poodle is pretty clingy. But he always is a little clingy. I think the bad behavior will start with the dog when the baby comes. I bet he will start having "accidents" because he is totally my baby and will not like it one little bit.

Not much new with me...so glad to see you all doing great. And I will be right here stalking with you Allison! Can't wait for some news!

So we have a HB and are measuring 6w1d.... all is looking good. We could see and HEAR it!! Back next week - but I am to call my reg OB for an appointment!! :happydance:

Attachments

• HB.jpg
    HB.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 5
Yay yay yay Moni!!! :happydance: I'm so excited for you! Did you just have a rush of relief and joy to hear that little heartbeat?! Oh, I was so relieved! The chances of anything going wrong are so much smaller once a heartbeat is detected. So even though if you're anything like me, you'll still have several weeks of worry ahead of you, in reality you're almost out of the woods!!

Congrats Moni!!! I am so excited that you were able to hear the heartbeat today, it is the best sound in the world! :)

Okay...the big gender reveal...

A is a girl :pink:

and

B is a girl :pink:

Two girls!!

Allison, you and my hubby were right!! I am so super excited, a little bummed that B isn't a boy like I thought but I am thrilled to have two little girls and I know my hubby will be a terrific daddy to girls.

Oh my goodness!!! How exciting Savvy!!! So much pink coming your way! I'm smiling ear to ear!!

Oh my gosh! And here I thought I was going to be wrong! Hahaha! That's so exciting though! What did your hubby say about it?!

Thanks Sarah! It was super exciting, A was first and we had to wait the whole time she did the measurements to find out B. I have to go in every 4 weeks so they can continue to monitor their growth and development. Guess I will be getting lots of pictures.

Yay 2 girls - so I was 50% right!!

The heart beat was wonderful - I teared up a little bit -hubby was pretty excited too!! Not sure if he will come back with me next week or not...this was the important one. Waiting to hear back from my reg OB about when she wants to see me.

Sarah, I will definitely post a few pictures later today! :)

Moni, I was 50% right too..still a little shocked since I was sure B was a boy.
I am so very thankful that you and your hubby were able to hear the heartbeat together!

Oh my gosh! And here I thought I was going to be wrong! Hahaha! That's so exciting though! What did your hubby say about it?!

Allison, I apologize I missed your post earlier! I am excited that you were correct. Hubby said he knew it was two girls so he already prepared himself for the news! He said that they are going to wear camo no matter what...thank goodness for pink camo! :)

Picture time...A was not very cooperative so the tech was unable to get a good profile picture. I was just glad to get both genders!

Here is twin girl A:

Attachments

• babya0916 - profile1.jpg
    babya0916 - profile1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 7
  • babya0916 - gender1.jpg
    babya0916 - gender1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 6
Sorry for another post...figured it was easier to separate.

Here is twin girl B:

Attachments

• babyb0916 - profile1.jpg
    babyb0916 - profile1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 6
  • babyb0916 - gender1.jpg
    babyb0916 - gender1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts