After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

Congrats Moni!!! Hearing the HB for the 1st time is so amazing!

Wow Savvy, 2 girls!!! Congratulations :happydance: Like Sarah said, that's a lot pink coming your way.

AFM I had my NT scan today and everything is fine. I'm so happy :happydance: My baby looked amazing with a strong heartbeat of 170 and measuring ahead at 12 weeks and 2 days with 5,85 cm. No gender so far, just a suspicion but I'll keep that to myself until we know for sure O:)
We got the following odds:
Trisomy 21 - 1:4771
Trisomy 18 - 1:11350
Trisomy 13 - 1:35688
Everything was low risk so I won't need additional testing. These results are great considering I'm 35 and that had an impact on the odds.
And here's a picture of my beautiful baby. I'm so in love! <3

Attachments

• baby compressed.jpg
    baby compressed.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 11
Moni, that's so exciting that you got to hear the heartbeat! I bet that was so reassuring!

So have y'all picked out any girl names yet, savvy??

Suzy, I am so glad that you had a great appointment too!! So glad everything came back low risk. I love the perfect little picture...and I am agreeing with Allison, I think it is a boy! :)

Allison, I have one possible girl name picked out. I am a little disappointed since I really wanted to use my Grandfathers name as a middle name, he passed away a few weeks before we found out we were pregnant. At least the crazy boy names my husband suggested are now off the list! :) Time to start looking for and narrowing some choices down.

Moni, that's awesome. Yeah, it stinks that our men can't usually come to every single appointment. After I had that first bleeding spell on a Saturday and Mike was saying he couldn't come to the appointment on that Monday I was a little mad at him, although I didn't let on. I felt like he could have rearranged his patients somehow and figured it out. I am not normally needy like that...I was just so terrified of bad news and didn't think I'd be able to handle it on my own.

Savvy, that is hilarious about the pink camo! Ha! Love the pictures so much! Not to sound like a wierdo, but even the little crotch shots are adorable!! Baby B sure gave you a great profile pic too! They're so cute already! :D Oh, I can't wait to get to that point! :D I was just wondering, is there a female name "version" or similar to your grandfather's name you could use as a middle name to still honor him?

Suzy what a GREAT picture! Can we talk about how you are less than two weeks ahead of me and your baby looks like a real baby! Oooh, I'm so excited for my next ultrasound! :D I am so happy to hear about your low odds! That is such great news! I am curious what your suspicion is as to sex. Have you put the picture up in any of those "gender guessing" threads? I don't even know what to look for (other than the obvious of course).

Sarah, I posted the crotch shots over in my Feb thread so I figured I would post them here too. After some gender research I learned that the three lines mean it is a girl! As soon as the tech put the shot up on the big screen I figured it was a girl, but waited for her to confirm. There is also a bunch of stuff online about the skull theory and the shape - that is why I was leaning towards boy for Suzy's picture. But I am totally not an expert! :)

His name was Phillip so I was thinking about Phyllis. But you gave me an idea, I googled female version of Phillip and got -- Philippa, which is okay but it said the nicknames for Philippa are: Pippa, Pippy, and Pip...so maybe one of those? I will have to see what sounds best! I also hoped to combine a few of our Grandmothers names for the other middle name. Thanks for the suggestion!

I am lucky that my husband has been able to make every appointment so far, the best advice I have as far as scheduled appointments is to try to get the first appointment of the day or the last. I was able to get 7 am ultrasound appointments for the next 3 months. My husband can still be to work by 9/9:30 and just work late.

I think Phillip could make a good middle name. Leaving it as is. I think that would be cute if the first & last flowed well. But I like funky kind of names.

That is awesome that your DH has been able too come with you! I really wish my DH could get away from work more, but I was reading an article that was talking about how we shouldn't expect the men to come to every appt and how their psychology is different than ours. So they feel like when their wife is pregnant, they really need to buckle down and work hard at their jobs to provide because they are going to have a full family now. I think that helped me to think of it a different way. My DH is such a hard worker anyway...he's lucky I'm independent! And I really am grateful to him for working so hard for us.

Glad my idea helped you. I love Pippa! I know it's very associated with Pippa Middleton right now, but I think that's a passing thing. Beagle, you're right so many names that were previously for just one gender are being used for either now!

Great pics savvy and suzy!!

If my docs were closer to where we live hubby would prob go to a lot more - but I chose docs right next to my office - which is 35 min from where we live and over an hour from hubbys work. So he wont be coming to all of them.

My first appointment with the ob will be kind of annoying - 9:30 for the ultrasound and then 11:15 for the appointment with the doc - just enough time to not be able to run to work for a bit and have to sit around and wait. I'm out of days so I will have to figure out what I am going to tell the office. Its not until Oct 7th - luckily I have the RE to keep me busy until then!

As long as they can make it to the birth that is all that matters! :)

My husband chose our OB, from recommendations from co-workers so I think he feels like he needs to come with me. With twins I will have a lot of extra appointments in the third trimester, I doubt he will be able to make all of them. Plus most appointments are boring weigh in and measurements, he isn't missing much.

Allison and Savvy, tell me how you guessed boy? I'm really curious O:) Sarah, the doctor who did the scan told me that if she had to guess she would also say boy. But it's too soon. She will only confirm it in a couple of weeks. I know how the baby looks so real O:) We only saw him/her once at 7 weeks and we only saw a little ball with a heartbeat. Now it has arms and legs, a well defined head and torso. It's amazing! I have a new found respect for the female body and human biology in general O:)
Oh I also forgot to mention that since baby measured 4 days ahead at 12+2 they changed my due date to the 29th of March.
How is everyone doing today?

That's so interesting Suzy! I don't know how these wizards can tell what the baby is lol! Oh I'm so anxious to find out mine!!

I am doing great this morning. Just got back from my first pregnancy appointment back with my regular OB. She is just sooo fantastic. She was friends with my hubby in medical school, so I'm kind of a VIP...I'm sure she's great with all of her patients, but it's nice to know that there is a personal connection that sets me apart from all the other people. She said I should take a video on my phone of the ultrasound for Mike and seriously spent 10 minutes looking at the baby! It was sooo amazing! It kept it's little hands up by its face almost the whole time, so we couldn't get a great profile pic. But it was just wiggling and swimming and waving its arms and legs. Oh! So much fun!! :D

Ok ladies, here's little sweetheart. Playing Peekaboo, showing off his/her toes, and in profile. :D I'm so in love already!

Attachments

• peekaboo10w5d.jpg
    peekaboo10w5d.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 2
  • babytoes10w5d.jpg
    babytoes10w5d.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 2
  • baby profile 10w5d.jpg
    baby profile 10w5d.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 2
Suzy, I'm purely just guessing. Since savvy is having 2 girls, I just figure we need some more boys around here. Lol.

Savvy, check out Zulily today. They have a whole category of twin outfits. Some of them are so cute!!!

LOL Allison! I love your scientific reasoning O:)
Sarah that's such a beautiful baby!!! :hugs:

Suzy, my guess is based on the skull theory! I spent a lot of time researching and I looked at countless ultrasound pics where woman guess based on the skull theory. It is quite interesting. There is a gender prediction forum that you can post your pic and woman love to guess the gender. I can't wait to your big ultrasound reveal!

Sarah, what a cutie! Great profile pic too!

Allison, wow those are awesome twin outfits! Do you have a referral link so you earn credit if I buy something? Send me a PM if you do! I am debating between a few, but worried since none are long sleeve. I think I definitely have to get the "buy one" and "get one free" since that is what my hubby and I were joking about!

Savvy, I can certainly send you a link! PM me your email address, it'll only let me send it that way. If you've already ordered, it's no big deal! : )

Savvy, I have to share a trick Allison taught me about Zulily, although you probably already know. When you order something, you get free shipping for the rest of the day, so just order one small thing first to pay the minimal shipping. Then get the rest of what you were going to get. I got several maternity shirts, a few dresses, and some cute onesies and paid less than $5 shipping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->