After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

I am able to hold them! We are feeding them by bottle holding them too. So much fun! We are getting a lot of practice changing diapers too!

That's great! I can't imagine not being able to! So I'm reading this book about how to calm crying babies (like colic type--when it's more than usual crying for food, etc.) and it was talking about how preemies don't develop colic until 2 weeks after their due date. They just pretty much act like they are still in the womb. Not that I'm hoping for colic for you or anything!! But I thought that was kind of interesting. I'll keep praying for you guys, and that your little ladies keep growing strong.

In other news my gut is huge! LOL I've been waiting for the day it stuck out further than my boobs (no easy feat considering how bigs my boobs have gotten lol) and that day has come!! Also definitely starting to slow down and be exhausted all the time, very similar to the 1st trimester exhaustion. Sad to see the "golden days" of pregnancy pass, but excited that D-day is getting closer and closer all the time!

How's everyone doing? It's been so quiet around here. Any new news in anyone's pregnancy? How was everyone's New Years?

Everything is good here. Owen is just getting bigger and bigger. He'll be 7 weeks on Thursday and he's already outgrown newborn stuff and moving on to 3 month sized stuff. He started smiling this past week and it's awesome. : )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 7
Allison, Owen is adorable! Wow, I can't believe he is 7 weeks!

The twins are still in the NICU, my poor Mackenzie developed NEC and it has been a rough week. Thankfully she is recovering and will hopefully do fine as they reintroduce her feeds. Guessing we will be in the hospital for another two weeks or so. Tomorrow they will be 1 month old...time flies!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Hope to see some pregnancy updates and Owen updates soon.

Owen is a cutey!!
Sorry for the delay savvy but glad that all is going well now.

AFM - I started my extra scans due to the sjogrens syndrome antibodies that I have. There is a 1% chance of a heart malfunction of the baby if the antibodies pass through the placenta - so every other week I will get to see my little guy as they monitor his heart. First one went well - no issues! My next OB appointment in Feb will include the glucose test - any advice??

Hi ladies! Oh my, Savvy! I'm so sorry poor Mackenzie is having a rough time of it. But so glad to hear that she is recovering well. I hope you guys are hanging in there. If I lived in the same city as you, I would bring you a warm, homemade meal up to the hospital! Even though it's not as soon as you wished, it must feel good to at least have an estimated date for discharge.

Allison, smiling is such an awesome landmark! It must be so gratifying and fun! :D Oh I just can't wait til Theo is out and I can start seeing his development...I take that back...I CAN wait, stay in there buddy!...but I'm so excited!

Moni, sorry you have that extra concern! I'm glad the chances are so low of anything being wrong, but I know any extra worry is very unwelcome when it comes to your baby! I see you are almost 23 weeks now...just a week out from V-day!! That was an exciting milestone to see come and go. It feels so good to know if, God forbid, something awful was to happen, baby boy would probably be able to survive. Modern medicine is so amazing.

Sarah, you are so sweet!

Twins are doing well, Madison should go home early next week and Mackenzie within two weeks hopefully. Just need to gain weight and eat all of their feeds. We are at an awesome hospital and we are very fortunate.

Hope everyone is doing great!

Just saw this! That is very exciting! So did Madison get to come home? How is Mackenzie doing? Oh I just can't wait until I log on here and see that your family is all together at home, and you and your hubby can get on with the business of learning how to manage newborn twins! I'm sure a big challenge, but so much better than trying to do it in the hospital!

I had my last ultrasound today (scheduled at the perinatal center anyway...I may have a few with my normal ob to check position, etc., toward the end). It was amazing to see the sweet guy...I'll put some pics for you. DH thinks he favors him as a baby. Which I am totally fine with...DH is very handsome :)

Attachments

• 1.2.276.0.26.1.1.1.2.2015.52.52025.4846548.46031872.3a40c652a1b.0000000000.jpg
    1.2.276.0.26.1.1.1.2.2015.52.52025.4846548.46031872.3a40c652a1b.0000000000.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 1.2.276.0.26.1.1.1.2.2015.52.51994.2184950.46031872.3a40c652a1b.0000000000.jpg
    1.2.276.0.26.1.1.1.2.2015.52.51994.2184950.46031872.3a40c652a1b.0000000000.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 1.2.276.0.26.1.1.1.2.2015.52.51970.3749887.46031872.3a40c652a1b.0000000000.jpg
    1.2.276.0.26.1.1.1.2.2015.52.51970.3749887.46031872.3a40c652a1b.0000000000.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 4
LOVE these photos!!! Oh my gosh I can't believe how cute he is in there! I was just complaining about all of the poking and kicking I'm getting. Nonstop with a tummy ache is getting me a little cranky! I can't wait to see some great pictures like that of my little girl! I love his little frown face...rough life in there I guess! Haha!

How's everyone doing?
Did the girls come home yet, savvy?

Everything is good here. Owen had his 2 month appt last week, he's 11 lbs 4 oz and 24 inches long. He took his shots well, only cried for a second. He was pretty fussy the next day though and I could feel a little knot on his thigh where they gave them to him so I broke down and gave him a little Tylenol. Other than that, he's just smiling more and getting bigger. : )

Haha Jen! If he thinks it's rough in there, he should try being me out here!! I'm sorry you're having a rough time...hope your tummy's feeling better! I have to take zantac every day or I get awful heartburn and have started eating pretty small, somewhat frequent meals due to Theo taking up all my tummy real estate. I'll put a pic up of my huge feeling gut for you guys to enjoy...

How is everyone feeling? Savvy, how are the little ladies? Everyone home from the hospital yet? Suzy, Moni...updates?

Attachments

• 30 weeks.jpg
    30 weeks.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 11
Owen is adorable!! We have those pacis....they are the best!

Sarah, you look great! Sorry to hear about the heartburn, hopefully the small meals will help with that.

Good news here...both girls are home! After a rough week with Mackenzie having projectile vomit they diagnosed her with severe reflux. She takes Zantac and we have to burp her often and keep her upright after feeds. Madison has been great, her only issue is she is wide awake and cries if you don't hold her from 11pm-1am. Just getting used to two babies and actually being at home. We were at the hospital for 7 and a half weeks.

Can't wait to see more updates. Hope everyone is feeling well.

That's so exciting that they're both home! Owen has reflux too. Some days he's great and won't spit up at all, and others he spits up after each feeding. It's annoying sometimes, but they'll grow out of it eventually.
I imagine it's pretty hard adjusting to being at home with them alone now! Is your hubby able to stay home with you or did he have to go back to work? And will you post some pics for us?? I want to see those babies!! : )

That's so exciting that they're both home! Owen has reflux too. Some days he's great and won't spit up at all, and others he spits up after each feeding. It's annoying sometimes, but they'll grow out of it eventually.
I imagine it's pretty hard adjusting to being at home with them alone now! Is your hubby able to stay home with you or did he have to go back to work? And will you post some pics for us?? I want to see those babies!! : )

It has been great having them both home! My husband only took the first week off after the girls were born. Since they were in the hospital we figured he should work while I stayed at the hospital with them. So now he plans to take the next 3 weeks off, he will work a few half days a week. Our nanny starts February 25th.

Madison is on the left and Mackenzie is on the right!

Attachments

• twinsbnb.jpg
    twinsbnb.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 12
Aww!! They're beautiful!! How do you ever tell them apart?! Lol, that was my biggest fear of I had had twins. And thats awesome that yall are getting a nanny. I'm sure you'll definetly need the help sometimes though. It's hard enough for me to get things done sometimes and I only have one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->