After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

Jen, I am sorry to hear you are still feeling sick! Our nursery is also purple and gray with some white and some aqua too. I really love the colors, plus I didn't scare my husband with a bunch of pink. Where are you buying all of your headbands? I was looking on amazon but wasn't sure of the quality. There is someone local that makes custom designed for special occasion but I really just want a bunch of soft colorful headbands to match their outfits.

Floridasian, awesome ultrasound pictures!!! I bet you will end up getting a ton of ultrasounds!

Awww...love those ultrasound pics Floridasian!! I was looking back at my early ones the other day. It's so funny that he isn't even here yet and I'm already feeling nostalgic looking back at pics of him when he was tiny. Ultrasounds are really probably one of the best parts of being pregnant for me! And you get them so often early on...later not as much unless you're having issues. It's just so incredible to have visual proof that all the discomfort and weird things happening in your body are really making this little person (or people!) develop. That sounds strange to say...like you obviously know it's happening, but there's just something about seeing a bean, then an alien, then a scraggly thing, then finally something that looks like a real baby with a face where you can tell its little expressions. That's great that you didn't end up having to do IUI or IVF to get your BFP. I know you've been through the ringer, and I will just keep praying for a good 9 months for you. It's exciting that you've made it further than ever before, and I am super optimistic for you! Oh, and yes! I found out super early....what can I say? I guess my boy's just well hung! LOL I mean I guess it could have been wrong...they weren't saying "for sure" but when those gender guessing wizards in the forums had no doubt, I figured it was definitely the case!

Jen, you poor thing! I almost feel bad when you talk about how much you've gone through because I feel like I've had it pretty easy! I didn't get MS at all and have just started getting heartburn and acid reflux in the last couple of months. I am having to take iron too, but I have been kind of bad about it (just taking it every other day) because I'm so scared of getting more constipated than I already am. Has the colace/miralax combo been doing it for you? I was really hoping to poop this morning before my doctor's appt at 10:15, but no such luck! I took colace, ate prunes last night and drank coffee this morning. Haha! I feel like I would have seriously weighed at least a pound less LOL. But she didn't get onto me about weight gain, so I guess everything's fine. I know what you mean about feeling huge...but you are about to see how big you can get! People tell me the same thing. But about where you are is when my belly really started expanding. My stomach and other organs misses their space.

You guys talking about your nurseries...I finally got my last major piece of furniture today. I've had the crib for a while and have been accumulating other equipment and furnishings. But the centerpiece of the room is the swivel rocker/ottoman, and Pottery Barn finally delivered today! Yay!! My nursery is a little unusual because it's actually a library/office room. All of our other bedrooms are upstairs, so this is the only room that is next to the master. It has floor to ceiling built in bookshelves, a fireplace and a door to a little outside courtyard. Definitely not a traditional nursery setup, but we're making it work. The walls (whatever's not covered in shelves) are black and white diamond pattern. I was going to paint it over, but everyone who sees it loves it, and I've heard that black and white geometric patterns are great for baby's development. So I think I'll leave it. Other than that mostly using gray/white/light blue colors. Wanting to keep it pretty gender neutral so I won't have to change much in case I get a baby girl next.

Hey guys. I pop on here once in a while to check in. Thought you might like to see something. Blodgett test is Monday. We are feeling optimistic.

Attachments

• 20150203_203727.jpg
    20150203_203727.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150205_055550.jpg
    20150205_055550.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 6
Beaglemom! Omg! I'm so excited for you!!! Yay!!!! It was your first IVF right???

And funny that everyone is going with grey and something for the nurseries. Ours is grey and yellow and chevron print, with a small touch of monkey. I love monkeys. Lol.

That's great that just the injectables worked for you floridasian! Do you know when your next scan will be? It's really amazing to see how much they'll change just by the 2nd one. I think it was at like 8 weeks when he actually looked like a little baby in there and not just a spot. I loved getting ultrasounds.

And Jen, glad you stopped back in. Sorry you've been feeling bad, but at least you feel pregnant, right?! Lol. I always got worried when I felt great, so feeling sick was a good reassurance sometimes.

I can't wait for someone else to have a baby already!!!

Beaglemom! Omg! I'm so excited for you!!! Yay!!!! It was your first IVF right???

Yes. I did a frozen transfer instead of fresh. We did PGS so we had 5 make it to biopsy & 2 came back normal. A boy & a girl. Pregnant with a boy!

SO excited Beaglemom to have you join our group here!!!! Congrats!! That is awesome you know you are prego with a boy!

Your lines are definitely darker, beaglemom! Can't wait for your beta!!

It's still too early for me to start thinking about the nursery, furniture, baby clothes and all that as I'm still a little nervous about this pregnancy but I LOVE the little monkeys idea because DH is a huge fan of monkeys. I myself am a big fan of owls. Remind me again if owls are only for little girls or if they are fine for boys too? Obviously I don't know what I'm having yet so it's just all hypothetical right now but I thought owls would be cute!

My next ultrasound is 2/16. I actually have the day off so whatever happens I'll have time to cope with it!

Get ready to get peed on, beaglemom! These little boys sure like to give golden showers! lol

Floridasian, I think I've seen some owl things that are boyish, but I think most are geared towards girls. At least you have an idea for both genders though! I can't wait to hear how your next scan goes. Just stay positive!

Allison, I thought only boys gave shower but my Madison can get quite an arch going - totally scared me the first time since I didn't expect it. They both got me numerous times in the NICU, it was so hard to change their diapers with the wires and the beds they were in. It is super easy now since we got used to the difficult diapers! :)

Beaglemom...yay yay yay!!!! Super excited to see those awesome pee sticks! So if you had a boy and girl make it through the process did you only implant one of the embies or both? If one, did you choose or just leave it up to chance? I'm just so super excited to see this group growing!! Keep us up to date on your betas! :D

Only did one. My clinic chooses the best one so we did not have a say. We never intended to know the other gender. The embryologist just sort of told us. But that's OK.

Gotcha! Well that is awesome that you have the possibility of a girl in reserve without having to go through the whole retrieval process again.

Omg savvy, that's hilarious... I didn't know you could get peed on by a girl! Lol.

Beaglemom, it's crazy that they can tell the genders from just the embryo... But that's nice that there's another one waiting and you know it'll be a girl. I hope our next is a girl!

And savvy, I don't know if I asked or not, but are you breastfeeding or no? I've always wondered how that would be with twins...

:nope:The most weird thing I've witnessed since having a boy... Little baby boners... Yes, yes they get boners even this early on. It scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it! :nope:

Allison, my other twin sort of peed up her chest...I had her legs up wiping her and she peed all over herself...in the hospital...with all the leads (wires to monitor heart rate, etc.). It was a mess! She also peed when my husband was changing her and it got onto her IV line...which is suppose to remain sterile! Of course the NICU nurses have seen it all and assured us we did nothing wrong...I still felt horrible! We went through a ton of diapers that first week but now I think I could change a diaper in the dark with one hand...lol!

Right now I am pumping and bottle feeding the twins because I have to add something to my breastmilk to make it higher in calories. Regular breastmilk is on average 20 calories and my twins need 24 calories per ounce because of their low birth weights. I am allowed to breastfeed but whatever they get is just extra and I still need to make sure they meet their feed goal for the day. They do not suffer nipple confusion since both of them can latch properly at least!

Beaglemom and Erin...I am currently watching Unsolved Mysteries and the episode with the Ripley's fertility statues is on! :)

:nope:The most weird thing I've witnessed since having a boy... Little baby boners... Yes, yes they get boners even this early on. It scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it! :nope:

Wow, that is crazy! I would have never guessed that would be possible!

Oh it's possible and even at only 11 weeks, he's already grabbing at it! Boys start early I guess... Lol.

That's good they don't have nipple confusion. Owen never got confused necessarily, he just didn't want to latch as well as he had after he got circumcised. They say it's kinda normal so I didn't worry about it. I tried to pump and then bottle feed, but it was so much to keep up with, so good job on being able to do it for 2! I don't think I could do it. And actually, he poops a lot better with formula so I guess it works out anyways.

Savvy - did you have a get a special hospital grade breast pump for twins? Planning ahead here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->