After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

Allison you just reminded me of a big question...circumcision. Ugh. And I knew about the private area thing...2 nephews. But girls can be the same when they get older. Very curious. I always have a fear I will be so shocked at seeing it I will have a reaction that is negative.

We bought a ton of stuff as I saw great deals, so I have a breat pump. I am not sure which way I will go & of course sometimes circumstances dictate. But I do want to pump some so my husband can feed the baby too.

I am having a some intense cramping feelings today. So far it has been mild & more stretching/pinching. But I am not going to stress about it. Still testing & my tests are coming out darker. However, still not dark on the cheapies. I even opened a new batch. But I did get the digital positive today! Just so excited to tell my mom tomorrow because that will open the gates on telling people. On family for now, though.

The fertility statues did not work exactly that way for us, but it was a great experience meeting up with Erin. And kind of interesting we are now only a few weeks apart.

Was Savvy the one only in our group with girls? Everyone else had/is having boys? If so I'd better have some girls to balance it out then! ;)

Jen is having a girl! The rest are boys though I believe.

Are you deciding whether or not to circumsize, beagle? My husband kinda made that decision. I figured since he was the one who's been there, done that and has those parts he should have a little more of a say. But I would've done it anyways too. I guess it just comes down to personal preference, but owen never seemed like he was in pain or anything afterwards so that made me feel better. And it makes things much easier now in my opinion changing those nasty giant poo diapers and not having to pull skin down, bc I will never understand how that poo gets in the places it does.... Haha!

EXACTLY how I'm feeling Allison! I figure if I'm sick, everything should be all good in there. I have a friend that is 2 months ahead of me, having a little girl but she will be born with most of her organs on the outside. It seems so stressful but she's got a great team of doctors. Her pregnancy is fantastic though. She feels wonderful.
I will say the colace/miralax is working fantastic this week! Every other day if not everyday I can poop! I never thought I'd be so happy about something like this. I'm getting kind of nervous for the diabetes test. I'm not sure why. I just feel like the next thing to happen is to take away foods I really love. I'm not so much worried about labor anymore. I am however freaking out about breast feeding. My boobs are always hurting. Especially the nipples! I can't even brush against a t shirt without tearing up. I hope that settles down before I have to hook a baby up to these things!
Oh, Saavy I got tons of headbands on etsy! I will need to find the link for you. It's on my Instagram as "infanteeniebeeni" and I'm sure the search of that will get you to it. I also love "marleeRo" tons of stuff!

Jen is having a girl! The rest are boys though I believe.

Are you deciding whether or not to circumsize, beagle? My husband kinda made that decision. I figured since he was the one who's been there, done that and has those parts he should have a little more of a say. But I would've done it anyways too. I guess it just comes down to personal preference, but owen never seemed like he was in pain or anything afterwards so that made me feel better. And it makes things much easier now in my opinion changing those nasty giant poo diapers and not having to pull skin down, bc I will never understand how that poo gets in the places it does.... Haha!

Just think it is something to think about & consider. My husband is all about doing it. I think my sister decided not to.

Hey all - scan was fine - his little heart is still beating normally. Not sure if I mentioned it hear or not, but I have sjogren's syndrome and if the antibodies breach the placenta it can cause a heart irregularity - so I have a scan to look at his heart every other week now. It is a very low probability of having an issue - but better to be safe than sorry - plus I get to see him. If they discover it before he is born, they can do stuff to fix it now which supposedly is much better than after he is born.

On the circumcision line - I also left it up to hubby. Hubby decided against it - he is also not circumcised and so doesn't see any benefit to it - just a need for a little extra cleaning but a benefit is extra sensitivity during sex.

Welcome Beagle!! Have a great weekend everyone!

I just downloaded a pregnancy app...Called Pregnancy + by Health & Parenting LTD.

Any experiences with apps?

Moni, thanks for that. I may be checking in with you after your boy is here to see how you feel about it after the fact. I am not against it or anything...I just have no knowledge. I feel like if someone is going to do a procedure on my child, I should at least feel like I did my research.

Moni, glad to hear that all went well! I didn't have the syndrome you have, but I had an issue with antibodies too. I had to have blood tests every month and if my levels got too high, I would've had to see a high risk dr. They told me from the beginning that there's usually no issues with the first pregnancy, that it's the 2nd pregnancy that problems could occur. I don't know if that's the same with you or not though...
And about the circumcision, it's so weird to me how men are either for it or against it. There's usually no being undecided about it. Lol.
Beaglemom, while I didn't really do much research, it's just kinda always a thing I knew that I would do. Like I said tbough, owen didn't seem to be in any discomfort afterwards, even with us having to put ointment on it for days afterwards. And it healed up fairly quickly. The only advice I have, is if you do plan on doing it, make sure it will be done at the hospital before you go home. A lot of pediatricians are choosing to do it as an office visit a few weeks later. When it's done at the hospital I feel like it's a better option bc they will closely monitor him for an hour or so afterwards to make sure theres no complications. I don't think that's done at the office. So while it is a very quick, routine procedure, it still made me feel a lot better knowing that he was being watched afterwards.

And Jen, how sad for your friend... I hope the baby will end up being ok! That has to be scary!
Are you feeling any better??

And random question... What's everyone's opinions on vaccines? Anyone planning on not vaccinating?

floridasian, I have the Medela Pump in Style Advanced breast pump. My insurance covers the cost of the personal pump. In a way I was lucky that the twins were in the NICU for almost 8 weeks because I was able to use the Ameda hospital grade breast pump there. It was an awesome pump, I wish I could have brought it home with me. I decided not to rent a hospital grade breast pump until I gave the personal pump a try at home. So far I am not noticing much difference in volume, it does however seem to take longer to pump and I really have to do some massaging. I have heard that it is a good idea to rent a hospital grade pump at first to get your supply up.

Allison, thanks. I have thought about quitting pumping quite a few times but have somehow stuck with it. I think I am still feeling so guilty about having the twins 2 months early that I feel like I need to pump no matter what. Unfortunately my supply doesn't meet their demand, which is common for twins. I do have to supplement about 2 of their 8 bottles a day with formula. I think the formula has so many nutrients and other good things that my body and breast milk might not have in it.
Jen is having a girl too but it will be exciting to find out what your twins are! Do you have a preference?

Beaglemom, it just took a few months for the fertility statues to work! It is interesting that you are only a few weeks apart!

Jen, I searched on pinterest and found some blogs on how to make the headbands. I think next week I am going to get to the craft store and try making a few. It looks pretty easy for some of the simple headbands. I just want to have a big stash of them so people know they are girls when we are out in the public...the pink car seat covers must not be a good indication of genders! I will have to check out Etsy too, thanks!

Moni, I am glad your scan went well. I am sorry to hear about your syndrome but glad they are able to closely monitor you and baby.

ThanksThanks Savvy for the information on breast pumps. I think my insurance pays up to $55 for an electric one but you can upgrade and just pay the difference. I read it somewhere that with twins you'd probably want a hospital grade but I didn't know you could rent it. I'll have to look into it when we get closer to it!

Moni - I'm so glad the scan went well and everything is fine despite of your conditions!

I'm all for vaccination. No objections whatsoever!

I don't really have a strong preference. After a year and half of trying I'm blessed for whatever I'm having but I guess ideally a boy/girl twin would be prefect!

Yay! That's a great number, beaglemom! You must be so excited!! When are they going to check it again??

Yay! That's a great number, beaglemom! You must be so excited!! When are they going to check it again??

Wednesday. I am so excited. I need to get all my baby stuff in order so I know what I need to buy more of. I went to the consignment store & bought 2 little swim suits! What I really need is a big swimsuit for me!!!

Oh & we have a name. Derek Cooper. After Derek Jeter & Cooperstown (baseball hall of fame).

Floridasian, I have the same pump savvy has, the medela, and it worked fine for me. Granted I didn't have twins... But, it seemed to work good. I'd say it took me like 20 minutes to pump, so not too terrible. I'm actually looking to sell it if anyone is interested! It's all clean and sterilized and comes with a ton of bottles!

Lol, beaglemom, you're going to be like I was. I had the whole room ready by my like 2nd trimester. I think I bought the crib at 10 weeks. Lol. I felt like I had waited so long to buy baby stuff that I needed to buy it all at once!

Oh. And also, that's such a cute name! I really liked the name Cooper when we were thinking about names, but my best friend's husbands name is Cooper so I thought that might be kinda weird.

Just wanted to share this pic bc I think he's adorable. : )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 4
Allison - I know! I feel like I could go anytime & buy everything for the nursery. I plan to buy at Ikea. So I almost have everything picked out in my head anyways. But the Ikea is 3 hrs in NC or 4 hrs in VA. So it would be a roadtrip. But so anxious to do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->