After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

Thanks Savvy & Alison. The other baby is probably just hiding. I've had no spotting or cramping since my last ultrasound so there should be no reason for anything to be wrong, right?

Bealgemom - as you get closer to 7 weeks your test might get lighter. It's called the hook effect. Since I'm having twins and my beta was sky high the hook effect started to set in at 5.5 weeks for me. So don't panic if the next test is lighter!

By the way I started taking pictures of my bump. I think I'm going to stick with every two weeks. I'm sure it's probably mostly bloat at this point but here's my bump at 10 weeks.

Attachments

• 10weeks.jpg
    10weeks.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 13
Still here!!! Nice bump!

I'm mainly stalking since not much is going on....Sunday marks 30 weeks!!

Here he is guys. Saw the best but didn't get to hear it.

Attachments

• IMG_20150227_155943.jpg
    IMG_20150227_155943.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 4
Savvy I saw previously you have the mammaroo? I was thinking those were too expensive. But then looked at prices of others & didn't seem bad. I was thinking of doing the lesser priced rockaroo & using the 20% off coupon at Buy Buy Baby. Do you think they are worth the money?

I love the mamaroo! Both babies love it too. My only issue is that there is no entertainment above...just a little dangling thing that doesn't move or light up. Our swing has lights that move around that Mackenzie loves to watch. Our swing is the fisher price lamb...it is all white...not so smart with twins but I liked the moving light. We got an excellent deal on the mamaroos...they were $250 each but our babies r us lets us use buy buy baby 20% off and we stacked it with opening a credit card and the 10% off multiples discount to get them for $152 each...couldn't pass it up. I do like that the mamaroo doesn't take up a bunch of space...the swing is huge!

Awesome little bean!!! Congrats again! When is your next ultrasound?

Allison, that is awesome that Owen sleeps for 12 hours!!!! You formula feed him, right? How much does he eat? I sometimes think the twins are starving but I don't want to go against doctors plans. My appointment is on the 9th so I am hoping I can cut out high calorie formula.

Floridasian, cute bump! That hook effect scared the crap out of me! Those tests got lighter around 5-6 weeks. Crazy what happens.

Moni, congrats on 30 weeks...10 to go! Are you ready for the third trimester?

Still have a lot to do. Hubby is getting more into it - he is ready to turn our living room into a baby haven! We'll be getting a dresser for the baby and an area rug this weekend (hopefully!)

My husband got the "Holy crap this is real!" effect after seeing the heart beat.

Hubby has 3 of our ultrasound pics framed at is office. He just wasn't really into the baby stuff until this past weekend - when he sat in at his families baby shower for us.

Here is a bump pic from last week...

Attachments

• IMAG0259[1].jpg
    IMAG0259[1].jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 10
Cute bump Moni!!

Our house looks like I robbed a baby store. We have so many toys, clothes, diapers, etc. It is crazy what we have stashed in closets and our basement. Our living room has the swing, two mamaroos and two play gyms set up. Pacis and burp cloths are everywhere! :)

Love that bump, moni!

I've started to buy maternity clothes when I can find them cheap online. My pants are getting really tight and the belly band I got just two weeks ago is now also too tight. I should really start wearing maternity pants.

I also started researching into strollers. Savvy, do you have a double stroller? If so, did you get a side-by-side or a tandem style? I read a lot of pros & cons of each and can't decide which will work better for us. DH is a fitness fanatic so we'd prefer a jogging stroller but they are $$$$!!

Hi girls!

My first high risk OB's appointment went great. Both babies looked great. Baby A was measuring a day ahead with a heart beat of 162 and Baby A was measuring 3 days ahead with a heart beat of 172! The ultrasound tech also measured the nuchal transparency and both were perfect at 1.0 mm so risk for Down syndrome is extremely low!

They also ran a bunch of labs today and took 6 vials of blood! One of them is the genetic testing (informaSeq is the one they use) and I should have the results back in 7-10 days. Exciting stuff!!!

Baby A is upside down and Baby B is right side up in the first picture!

Attachments

• Ultrasound 03315.jpg
    Ultrasound 03315.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 8
  • BabyA 030315.jpg
    BabyA 030315.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 6
  • BabyB 030315.jpg
    BabyB 030315.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 6
Oh and my uterus has already popped from behind the pubic bone and felt more like a 14-week uterus instead of 11 so I'll probably start showing in the next couple of weeks!

Those are great pics. I don't think I told you guys but I have an 8 wk scan on monday & then my ob appt on the 20th for another scan. So 3 scans in 3 weeks. And my husband will be able to be there for all of them.

I am feeling so bad today. I had a couple of good days from the b6. Then woke up last night at 12:30 & couldn't fall back asleep. I felt so sick to my stomach. Then I just had restless sleep all night. I don't feel like eating but am forcing it. Nothing sounds good to me. I at least get to leave early today. But only an hour...so 4 seems so far away. I feel like crying I feel so icky today.

congrats Floridasian! Awesome ultrasound pictures!! I have two double strollers and both of them are tandem. I was afraid I would get stuck in doors with the side by side or it would be too wide for me to use comfortably. I love my Chicco Keyfit Car seats and I have the Chicco cortina together stroller. I also have the contours elite tandem stroller to keep at my parents lake house. Our friends moved to another country and gave us the brand new stroller they only used a few times. Could you look into a used jogging stroller? I got all of my Chicco things on diapers.com when they had a huge sale back in September so keep a watch for good sales everywhere. Also one important thing...don't waste money on car seat inserts, neck rolls etc. our hospital checks the car seats and tests preemies to make sure they fit and are safe. They told us they don't allow anything in the seats because it isn't safe. If your hospital offers car seat checks...take advantage of it even if it isn't mandatory. I learned a lot and feel more comfortable when I belt them in.

Yay for lots of scans this month beaglemom! That is great your hubby can be there too. Sorry you don't feel well, did you get a prescription for zofran? That might help. Hopefully the next few hours will pass quickly.

No I don't have any meds. I think I need to ask my dr about something to help me sleep. That seems to cause the issues. I do not fall asleep well after waking up. So today is really caused by my lack of sleep & everything else falling apart after that.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with double strollers, savvy. Yes I definitely don't mind used ones to save money but being in a small college town there's not a lot of used options out there. I'm hoping once it gets warmer and the garage sales start popping up there will be more used options to choose from. I'll definitely look into the ones you mentioned. DH is big on analysis and detailed comparison shopping so we'll probably have a spreadsheet for all the big-ticket items and then list/rank the different possibilities of each before making a decision.

Beaglemom - that's great you get to see your little boy so much for the next few weeks and your husband gets to join you too! Sorry you're not feeling well. Have you tried the B6 & Unisom combo? Supposedly that works really well on morning sickness and I'd assume the Unisom should help with your sleep at night as well. Personally I would try to avoid Zofran if all possible because of potential risk of birth defects (I see infomercials on class action lawsuits against Zofran on late night TV all the time!)

I already have my next three appointments scheduled as well and will be going in every two weeks! I'm loving my new high-risk OB!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->