After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

Floridasian, I thought the same thing when I read that I could gain 35+ pounds. I was on meds for my IBS that I stopped when I got pregnant, for some reason stopping those or being pregnant I lost my appetite. I am sure if I would have carried the twins to term (37-38 weeks) I would have gained a few more pounds. I am an average weight but my friend who is super skinny had twins and gained 60 pounds!

Ginger candies help with nausea too!

Beaglemom, the nursery floors look awesome!! What a great start to the nursery you have!

Allison, so sorry to hear about your rough week! Hopefully Owen will grow out of this stage super quick.

Not much new here, just having fun with the twins!

I went out to buy paint & then got all indecisive. So I went to Lowe's to get samples. Just FYI in case you didn't know, Lowe's has a variety of samples & will also mix any color you want as a sample. They also said all their paint is low toxin.

I also made a trip to Walmart. Almost everything I needed went out the window because I was overcome with nausea. I have to cook for work on Monday so I got the few things I needed for that & pretty much left. I thought for sure I wouldn't survive the grocery dept...ugh. I haven't gotten sick yet. Very close last night. I think official morning sickness will be coming at me soon. I thought I would have a few more weeks!

Wait until you have to do some stinky dirty dishes, beaglemom! Those always got me. Lol. My best friend swears by coffee beans. She said she used to keep a ziploc bag of coffee beans with her and if she started to feel nauseous she would take a big whiff of those. My nausea never got too bad so I never tried it, but it's worth a shot if it starts getting bad. Home Depot does the paint samples too! I actually got some last weekend to paint a shelf for Owen's room. He threw up all over me while we were at Home Depot too... It was lovely. Haha!

Owen was 3 months yesterday! Time is going by so fast! Here's his 3 month picture. I call this the "I don't wanna grow up face." Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 5
Oh, and I forgot to say. I love the floors, beaglemom! And the monsters bedding is so cute! I haven't seen that one!

I will try the coffee beans. I have lemon candy & ginger ale which does pretty well. I have dishes & laundry to do. I told my husband I would attempt it but not feeling so hot. The bad thing is nothing triggers it. If I had a trigger I could avoid it. Last night I called my husband at work. I said I forgot to take anything out for dinner so to pick something up. I said I don't care what...I can't think about the food or cook it, but I am sure I can eat it. And that is how it went down.

I love your bedding set, beaglemom! I really need to find out the genders so I can start planning on some decorating ideas.

That picture is absolutely adorable, Alison! I love that "I'm about to cry" look! I also like how the sock monkey is covering up his eyes!

Thanks, floridasian! It's a peek a boo sock monkey! It laughs and giggles. I have a small sock monkey obsession.

I can't wait to know the genders of those babies either!!

I agree, I cannot wait to find out the genders of your twins Floridasian!!

Allison, all I have to say is Owen is simply adorable!! Such a sweet pic! What size clothes is he wearing? The twins are almost too big for the newborn clothes, I have just a few outfits that will probably fit them for a few more days if they continue to grow. They will be 11 weeks old tomorrow! :)

Beaglemom, I went through a long phase of not being able to cook food or do dishes. Also almost every food mentioned made me want to gag. For over a month I strictly ate BLT's for lunch and dinner because bacon and tomatoes didn't make me gag. I ate a BLT a few weeks ago and had to laugh since I hadn't had one since September. I hope some of the home remedies can help, have you asked about zofran? I got the prescription but ended up never taking the pills.

How's everyone doing? I'm 10 weeks today and I'm just so excited to be in the "double digits!!"

How's everyone doing? I'm 10 weeks today and I'm just so excited to be in the "double digits!!"

That is great! I know every week that goes by you become more relieved. I will be 7 weeks in a few days. Who knows? If your babies come early, we may be delivering around the same time.

Still waiting on my 1st scan which is Friday. We have had some snow & stuff shutting down...hopefully I can still make my appt. I know my dr office will not be closed. They try to never close.

Good luck on your ultrasound on Friday, beaglemom!! Hope you'll see your little boy with a strong heart beat!

Actually I'm 3.5 weeks ahead of you so if I delivery early I might be a month and half to 2 months ahead of you!

Good luck on your ultrasound on Friday, beaglemom!! Hope you'll see your little boy with a strong heart beat!

Actually I'm 3.5 weeks ahead of you so if I delivery early I might be a month and half to 2 months ahead of you!

Oh right...I am doing my math backwards. Well considering how my sister was, I do not see myself being early.

I'm starting to get nervous about my next ultrasound on Tuesday. I have been able to pick up one heart beat since 8w4d but I can never find the other baby. I've gotten the hang of it and I can now find the one baby's heart beat within one second - as in as soon as I place the Doppler on my belly I can hear the baby's heart beat and it's been consistently in the 170's range. It's always in the same spot too so I don't think I'm mixing up the two babies.

From the ultrasound pictures I can see that the two babies are on top of each other, not side by side. So after I find the one baby I'd move the Doppler up trying to find the second baby but no go.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed both babies are still alive!

Floridasian, I am sorry you are having trouble locating both babies heartbeats. Fx'd that everything is okay. My OB wouldn't even use the doppler at the office since it is hard to find multiple heartbeats, they always just did an ultrasound to check. Also, your twins could be like mine...B's (Mackenzie) placenta was on the front of my stomach so it would have been hard to find her heartbeat through that. Plus even though they were on top of each other last time doesn't mean they are still like that, it is amazing how much they move in the limited space they have!

Good luck tomorrow Beaglemom!

Not much new here - we switched up the feeding schedule to give us two 4 hour stretches of sleep at night and it is working out great so far. They are more alert during the day and are actually just starting to show interest in looking in mirrors and grabbing onto toys! Let the fun begin! :)

Savvy I saw previously you have the mammaroo? I was thinking those were too expensive. But then looked at prices of others & didn't seem bad. I was thinking of doing the lesser priced rockaroo & using the 20% off coupon at Buy Buy Baby. Do you think they are worth the money?

Did you have your ultrasound yet, beaglemom?? I can't wait to hear how it goes/went!

Floridasian, I wouldn't worry about the heartbeats. There were times I couldn't find Owen. It's just natural to worry though. One day when I could very clearly hear the heartbeat, I just hadn't felt him move all day, I still went to the hospital.

Savvy, that's great they're sleeping more! It's always nice to be able to get some sleep yourself! I'm still having some issues to get Owen to stay asleep when I put him down, but once he's down and sleeping, he'll literally sleep for 12 hours straight. He didn't wake up until 10:30 this morning! So I guess I have to deal with him crying a little at night for him to sleep soundly thru the night/morning! It's a give and take. Lol

I will leave in about 30 min...it is 12:30 now & my appt is at 3. I cannot wait!

OH & I totally took a chep test last night. I am nervous about my scan but I know there is no reason. Plus the constant nausea is a good sign he is still burrowing around in there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->