After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

Did a major maternity haul today. I may have everything I need. I bought a few things on ebay within the few weeks before transfer. Today I found a ton of shirt mostly under $10 at Burkes Outlet & Burlington. Also found a few more baby things. I really need to stop buying baby clothes! I am trying to focus on 12 months & above now.

My pregnancy is slightly feeling a bit more real for me. I have started feeling sick this weekend. I have not gotten sick but just a general queasiness in my stomach. It doesn't matter if I have eaten or not. And I don't seem turned off by anything in particular yet. I have made a habit of packing a small bag of water, Gatorade, fruit, & snacks anytime I leave my house for an extended period of time.

I had Presidents Day off yesterday so DH also took it off. We went to Pittsburgh and went to do some "market research" on baby items. Didn't really find anything good but we got some idea how much certain items cost. I was not impressed with the baby furniture at Ikea but this was also the first time we looked at them so we have a long way to go still.

I was able to find one of the babies' heart beats on the home Doppler on Sunday. I just have the basic model that does not display the rate so I had to use a stop watch and counted to get the rate. It was close to 180! I was not able to find the other baby but he/she could have just been hiding and I'm still so early too.

Beaglemom, I hope your nausea doesn't get too bad. Mine has been very mild and I never got sick, not even once! Other than being extremely bloated I still don't really feel pregnant!

I like the Ikea furniture because it is not so bulky. I am not a fan of the larger, thicker cribs. But to each his own, you know. I feel like I can get out relatively inexpensive & I don't feel like I am settling because I really do like the furniture. But we also plan to get regular dressers vs a changing table. My husband is off a weekend mid March. I think I will go to get all my stuff then. The only thing I am still unsure of is a swing. I don't want anything bulky. I am looking at the rockaroo (I think). It is $159 at Buy Buy Baby & I have a 20% coupon.

I am just so anxious. Some days I am so confident & ready to buy everything & tell everyone. The other days I am nervous. My candy bar wrappers came today. Not sure if I said, but I got personalized candy bar wrappers to announce the pregnancy to family. Most are out of state, so I thought this would be a good idea.

It was ice storms here so no work today. So my mom dragged me to Goodwill. $45 later I had a pile of clothes I think I can get a lot of use out of before I get too big. I realized today I can only shop at Goodwill with my mom. Otherwise I do not have the patience.

My first high risk OB's appointment has been set for March 3rd. I'm not having another ultrasound until then. It gets me a little nervous not knowing what's going on for two weeks but I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything will be fine!

My first high risk OB's appointment has been set for March 3rd. I'm not having another ultrasound until then. It gets me a little nervous not knowing what's going on for two weeks but I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything will be fine!

I hope the time goes by fast. Feeling anything new?

I am lucky to have been so busy this weekend. And with the ice it turned in to a 4 day weekend. So now my appt next week seems even closer! I think it is strange because we spend so much time during treatments watching every little thing. So when we have to wait 2-3 weeks between it makes us antsy. I am still sneaking a cheap hpt every now & then...like a psycho! :)

Oh I forgot to say I had some bright red spotting Friday afternoon. There was enough to tint the water in the toilet and took a good 5-6 wipes to completely clean it up. I called my doctor's office and they had me go in the next morning. By then (Saturday morning) the spotting had turned brown and was just a tiny bit of it. Doctor did another ultrasound and both babies were still doing fine and their heart rates both increased from the previous scan two days earlier. It was really scary and on top of that my doctor kept scaring me with the possibility of vanishing twin and said there was nothing he could do if it did happen.

He increased my progesterone dosage to three times a day but I can stop on the 26th at 10w1d.

That's why I took out my home doppler and am now using it every day to make sure they are still there.

We had some really bad snow too Monday evening. Driving back from Pittsburgh was a nightmare because of the road conditions.

How are you feeling, beaglemom?

Hope everyone else is doing well! :)

Floridasian, I am sorry you had such a scary experience with some bleeding but I am so glad to hear that everything looked good on the ultrasound. I took my progesterone through 12 weeks, the doctor told me 10 weeks but everything I read online people stopped around 12 weeks, I only took one dose at night though. I never ever got sick either. A few days I felt nauseous and I was extremely tired to the point of sleeping all day long but at least I never got sick...it was one of my biggest pregnancy fears. I think the doppler is a good idea, I wish I would have bought one. Glad you have a high risk doctor and an appointment set up.

Beaglemom, it sounds like you have a lot of good stuff for your baby boy already! How exciting to pick him out outfits and fun stuff! I love your candy bar wrapper idea to announce your pregnancy, that is a great idea.

The twins are doing great, they are getting big! They are 10 weeks old and Madison weighs 8lb2oz and Mackenzie weighs 7lb5oz! I just love dressing them up and taking pictures. We got professional photos last weekend, I can't wait to order some pictures to put around our house!

Hope everyone is doing well, I am excited to hear some more pregnancy updates! :)

Savvy you have show us the pictures when they come back!!

I also read that most women are told to continue the progesterone until 12 weeks. I think I'll have a few leftovers after the 26th so I'm planning on gradually stepping down from 3 times a day to twice a day to once a day until I run out, instead of quitting cold turkey. There should be no hard in doing that, right?

By the way when did you start showing with the twins, savvy? I can't fit into my pants anymore but I think it's mostly bloat. I've been extremely bloated since about 5.5 weeks and it's not going anywhere!

Floridasian, I did the same thing with the progesterone. I was only taking one a day but the last week I took them every other day to "wean" off of them...I was nervous to stop taking them.

It was crazy how bloated I was the first trimester. I don't think I showed until 18-20 weeks, I kept thinking I would wake up one day and just pop out. I only gained around 20-25 pounds. Honestly when the doc pulled the babies out during the c-section I couldn't believe how big they were and when I was holding both babies a few weeks later at the same time I just couldn't imagine both of them being in my belly at the same time.

Oh and carefully lying on my stomach or on my left side helped relieve some of the bloating.

Wow - I can't believe you only gained 20-25 lbs with the girls! The twins book I'm reading says you should gain 35-42 lbs with twins and I was like what?? How much?? :wacko:

Thanks for the tip on lying on the left side. I read it that later on in the pregnancy lying on the left side helps with blood flow so I guess it's good to start practicing early!

I got my first dose of real nausea going on today. I woke up at 4 am to pee. Got back in bed & then this wave just hit me. I never actually got sick. I was able to get a little more sleep off & on. Felt okay while I got ready. But then I was in the kitchen getting my bags ready & it hit again. Someone had said to eat sour candy, so I bought a bag of lemon drops. It helped. I was able to force myself to eat my oatmeal & now drinking lemon tea. It is more of a slight queasy feeling now. I am strangely happy to feel it...at least I am feeling something.

Hello 6 weeks! :)

Oh & my face feels weird & dry. Could blame it on the cold, but I don't think I have ever felt this before.

The way I want to eat sometimes, I will be lucky I don't gain 45 lbs! But I do love to eat. And now I just feel hungry more often & take out just seems so nice! But trying to restrain myself a little for now.

I hope you don't actually throw up. If you do, you might even lose weight! My nausea has been very mild but from time to time I do feel a little queasy. Usually forcing myself to burp and eating something makes it go away pretty fast.

My skin's been a mess since about 6 weeks. I'm breaking out badly everywhere on my face. I think it's mostly because I stopped using my normal skin care products which all contain ingredients that are big no-no's during pregnancy. The retinols, salicylic acid, and benzoyl peroxide were life savers for me since I've been battling acne since I was 11. But not that I can't use any of those products it's just a giant mess!

Hey everyone! I've been keeping up, just haven't had a chance to update. My husband was out of town the beginning of the week so I was alone all day and night with Owen which took some adjusting, but we survived. Lol. He's been going through some kind of sleep regression/separation anxiety the last couple weeks, it's been more annoying than anything though. He had been sleeping perfectly fine in his crib, then just all of a sudden one night he wasn't havin it. So I put him on the bed with me and he slept fine. He also won't stay asleep when I put him down at night which is the annoying part bc I geverally put him down to bed and then pick up around the house and wash all the bottles for the next day so its been hard to keep up with that when he won't sleep if I'm not around. I'm flattered that he loves me so much, but geez, mama needs a little break! He's been staying asleep the past 2 nights though so maybe we're moving past that phase...

Glad the girls are doing good, savvy! Hopefully you will share one of those pictures with us when you get them back! How is the nanny going? Does she just stay during the day while your husbsnd works?

Floridasian, glad the twins are doing good in there! The bleeding must've beeb scary but at least they got you checked out quickly! And I probably gained what you're supposed to with twins just for one! So don't worry, you'll lose half of it right after delivery so it's not too bad. I gained like 40 pounds I think and I'm already back in a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans so it can come off quickly! And I weaned off the progesterone too. I think I stopped completely right around 11 weeks when I had my first appt with my regular OB, so you'll be fine doing it that way. It's scary to stop taking it though!

Beaglemom, so funny that you've already got everything! I was the exact same way, so impatient! Lol. Glad everything is going well and I can't wait til you have your first ultrasound. It'll be so exciting for yall! Sorry about the nausea, it'll pass soon. Try ginger ale, it always worked for me!

I have been feeling off for about a week already. But today was the first time I really thought I was going to lose it. I think one of the worst feelings in the world is feeling sick like you are about to throw up & starving at the same time!

Allison, I will use you as a mentor so I don't feel so crazy buying everything so early. I will try to post pics of my new nursey floor.

Here you go

Attachments

• att_1424368366603154.jpg
    att_1424368366603154.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 5
  • att_142437681409862.jpg
    att_142437681409862.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 2
  • att_1424376789646110.jpg
    att_1424376789646110.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 6
Oh Alison - Owen is now at the stage where he needs to have visuals on you 24/7? That's rough! I've heard a lot about separation anxiety and how moms can't even go to the bathroom without the babies crying their lungs out. I'm scared how I'm going to handle two of them!

Beaglemom the floor looks great!!! We'll have a lot of work to do to set up the nursery. The room is currently painted dark brown - so totally not appropriate for babies!

Oh Alison - Owen is now at the stage where he needs to have visuals on you 24/7? That's rough! I've heard a lot about separation anxiety and how moms can't even go to the bathroom without the babies crying their lungs out. I'm scared how I'm going to handle two of them!

Beaglemom the floor looks great!!! We'll have a lot of work to do to set up the nursery. The room is currently painted dark brown - so totally not appropriate for babies!

This is our nursery bedding. I got a good deal on it, of course. Babies R Us was selling the display at a discount. So I plan to paint 2 wallls the green color & the opposite walls the darker blue color. My husband said we need to paint before we get furniture so I am hitting Lowe's this weekend!

I don't know if you are a Seuss fan but they have Oh the Places You'll go bedding in blue & pink. I always thought it would be cute to split the room down the middle with boy/girl twins.

https://www.babysupermall.com/main/...tml?plaind=1&gclid=CL_sxKKU8cMCFQ4dgQoder4A_Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->