After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

Savvy, do the girls fall asleep on their own?? I got one of those projectors too and it never gets used bc he has to be asleep when I put him down. He won't just put himself to sleep. ��

Allison, we swaddle them, stick a paci in their mouth, turn the projector on and leave the room. They usually fall asleep on their own but sometimes are fussy or if they lose their paci they need us. They sleep in the rock and plays and we just started transitioning them to their cribs. Though for naps I usually need to rock them or put them in a swing...next week I hope to work on getting them to do the afternoon nap on their own.

That's awesome, savvy. I've never been able to just lay Owen down and have him fall asleep. He has to fall asleep on me, and then I can lay him down like 20 minutes later. The only place he'll fall asleep on his own is in the car. : (

Allison, my girls love the car seats and the car or stroller...they immediately fall asleep! The crib sleeping isn't going well but we are working on by putting them to sleep in the cribs after their morning feed. In the afternoon I usually rock someone to sleep and some nights they are fussy they need to be rocked a bit before bed.

How is everyone else doing?

Owen likes the car seat and stroller too. He's been getting really weird about naps too, they're so short if I put him down, so I've felt so lazy holding him on the couch for like an hour and a half watching crappy tv, but whatever I guess. Lol.

It's been so quiet around here, everyone doing ok??

Having a crazy week here. Our nanny left yesterday so it was my first day alone with the girls...they did really good! But poor Madison, her reflux is terrible and she barely eats because she is in pain. Our pediatrician wants her to try new meds but the insurance hates to cover them because they are so expensive, so my husband and I have spent a lot of time on the phone, I hope they can approve them soon.

Allison, sorry you have to hold Owen when sleeping. He wakes up even if you set him down after he falls asleep?

How Are all the new babies?

Jen did you have your princess yet?

Beaglemom and floridasian how are you both feeing?

No baby yet. I'm literally trying everything. I'm so done being pregnant!

Haha did it really? I domt like eggplant but I'm considering it! I had sex all weekend which was quite humorous. I walked and walked until I got so swollen, acupressure on my feet, spicy food and lots of "please god let this be it". My contractions are 5 mins apart for the most part. They are kind of tough to breathe through but I'm still only dilated 1cm and effaced 80. After all of my hard work. Ugh. Dr gave me some ambien and I got a good nights sleep. Please let this week be it!

Yeah, I tried all of the at home stuff. I ate like an entire pineapple one day and made myself sick, but that's about it. Lol. It happened within 48 hours of eating eggplant Parmesan though. Could be coincidence, but who knows...
The 80% effaced is good though, effacement means more than actual dilation. Keep us updated when it happens though!!!

Jen - anxiously awaiting your little girl's arrival! Sounds like you've tried just about everything to speed up the process but she's just not ready!

As my belly grows it's getting much harder for me to move around now. I'm now officially shaving blindly "down there" because I can't see anything anymore!! Everyday tasks are becoming challenging too - I'm struggling to put on socks, reaching my legs and feet in the shower, applying lotion to the legs, and bending down was out of the question weeks ago.

I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow but I look like I'm about to pop with the twins. I think I ate some bad onions last week and my stomach was hurting for a good 3-4 days afterwards, followed by this hard and tightness feeling in my belly. It almost felt like the belly was growing too fast for the skin around the belly and the skin was stretched to its capacity and then some. It finally started going away yesterday thank God!

Apparently my doctor's office don't allow twins to go for more than 38 weeks. They said they'd induce me if I haven't given birth by then, which is good because I can't imagine how difficult it will be at 40 weeks!

By the way when did you all start "counting kicks?" I'm feeling Baby B all the time now but Baby A is down low with an anterior placenta so I can't feel her as much. It's probably too early to count the kicks but I can foresee freaking out about counting her kicks.

Hope everyone is doing well! :)

Oh floridasian, sounds like Braxton Hicks contractions. I had them that early and it was like wearing a shirt 3 sizes to small except that shirt is your skin. A warm bath helped me with it. I would get so anxious not being able to move in my own skin!
I had my check today and still 1cm. Dr tried to stretch my cervix but it's still pretty high up there. That did not feel good. Lots of cramping during and after so I'm just relaxing on the couch. I considered a walk but I'm too tired now. Lol I'm like a turtle stuck on her back. A very fat turtle. Haha!

Oh and for the kick counting, I was just told to make sure I feel movement 3 times a day. So after every meal and if I didn't just to drink some cold water or orange juice to get her moving. Now I'm supposed to feel 8-10 per hour...and I feel lots let me tell ya! Active child!

Floridasian, my OB wasn't going to let me go past 37-38 weeks. Twins are term at 37 and run out of space. I never counted kicks but only made it to 30 weeks. I had a hard time figuring out who was kicking if it was in the middle, have you seen your belly pop when they kick? It was my favorite to watch it move, I tried to get a video a few days before they were born but it didn't turn out.

Jen, I have heard of a lot of woman going into labor after getting their cervix checked...hope it is your turn soon!

I've heard the same thing about going into labor after the cervical checks, especially since they tried to stretch it. That could really get things going! Have yall decided on a name yet? You haven't told us yet, have you?

Floridasian, post a belly pic! Lol. I can't remember now how often the kicks were supposed to be. I never really counted, but you'll know if you haven't felt movement or not. And I can imagine itd be kinda hard to tell which baby is moving. And have yall thought of any names??

Savvy, how are things going since the nanny left? Still doing ok?

Beaglemom, are you still around? How are you doing?

How are the new mommies doing?? I need baby pictures! : )

So, Owen is officially getting his first tooth! He'll be 6 months tomorrow! Well, today, I guess... Wednesday. They grow so fast, it's scary!

My routine ultrasound this morning has turned into an overnight stay in the hospital.

I'm 22 weeks today and although both babies are doing great and measuring ahead my cervix is now down to .6 CM (down from 4 CM just a month ago). Baby A's head is pressing down right on the cervix. I'm now being hooked up to a machine monitoring contractions (which I'm having lots of apparently). I have to stay here for at least 24 hours for monitoring. They're going to be giving me medications and also putting a pessary in.

That's all I know for now. Keeping my fingers crossed that the babies will be able to stay in there for at least another 6 weeks if not longer.

Happy 6 months Owen!! Congrats on your first tooth!

Floridasian, thinking of you and sending good thoughts and big hugs. I was in for pre-term labor at 28 weeks and they gave me the steroid shots for lung development and magnesium sulfate to control the contractions. I was already dialated to a 1 or 2. If you have any questions please send me a message. I am glad you are being monitored.

Actually I am doing better now that the nanny is gone. I am somehow more relaxed and don't feel as stressed as I did when she was here. As nice it was to have her help, it was just one more person to worry about and she didn't help me as much as I thought she would. I am glad I had her help in the beginning but now that I have things figured out, I think I am better off on my own. I am going to see if the high school girl down the street can help me a few days a week in the summer so I can clean my house or take the babies to the zoo, etc. I do miss not having someone to chat with during the day!

I was so excited the other day...Mackenzie rolled over from her back to her stomach! She was so determined on Saturday and would not give up but just couldn't get her arm out of the way. On Monday I put her down again and she struggled for a minute and then flipped right over. I told my husband we are in trouble now that she can roll!

Floridasian...hope babies stay snuggled a little longer until they are safe & more developed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->