all being well due in may! bump buddie needed

Think it may just be what my midwife calls it, it's just the nuchal scan and bloods. Think when I was pregnant with lo it was the three strand/part test where they just did three things to check whereas now it's four!! Sorry I have confused everyone!!

My scan is Thursday can't wait to get a piccie and finally tell our little boy!
Congrats on the anniversary jules!
Ljkp glad you finally got something to help with the sickness and what a lovely scan picture!
Charmed-post a piccie I want to see a bump!!
Welcome mrsholmes x

Hi!

I'm not sure if I'm having the tests done yet?!? I did on my first but was kind of pushed into it by midwife......

Just thought I'd have a quick check in!

So...looks like the spotting WAS due to the cervical erosion the nurse spotted on Saturday because, as my piccie shows, there is one happy little bubba in there! I cried again, mostly with relief to know that he looks happy! We couldn't believe there was an actual baby there this time instead of a blob, and the sonographer showed us his little nose, fingers, toes etc...we are sure we saw a little willy there too!!!

Heartbeat 168bpm and now measuring 41.2mm CRL...dated me 1 day ahead at 10weeks+6! We celebrated by going out and buying a little unisex babygro for the baby and a maternity top for me from Mothercare! One happy momma-to-be tonight!xx
He/she looks much more "baby like"!!!! X

Hiya yeah when I get laptop workin ill add photo! Hehe, trouser seem bout a inch to tight and zip at crotch is tighter too. Still get cramps and bad back ache but hopin all growin pains?! 6more day!! Can't believe this time nx week ill know I can tell ppl or be v sad just wanna know now! I know shouldn't wish time away just half v v excited and half nervous as hell! X

hi everyone.. how r u all! congrats lpjkp for the nice news on scan.. charmed , we r waiting for pics of ur little baby.. as far as i m concerned,i m having MS terribly.. any ways to get rid of it?

Piya I have it really bad too although has eased off this week, only thing I can say is eat and drink what u fancy helps me! I had to in sick to work x

Hi ladies

Just back from my nuchal scan. Amazing to see the lime look more human! Scan was about 30 mins. The fluid at the neck was 1.1 (3.5 and below is "normal") and they looked at the bridge of the nose, size of forehead and prominence of the chin. Bloods back tomorrow to give a full result. They have also taken a punt on gender and it looks like I'm Team Blue so far (hope she's wrong but then I did make a pact with him upstairs that if the IVF worked I would be happy with either (!)). While they were there they checked on the stomach, bladder, heart (still 169bpm), brain etc.

Amazing to see him; when we started he was asleep and in the perfect position to look at. He then woke up, probably from all the poking, and had a big yawn and stuck his tongue out. Lots of stretching of legs and moving arms around. Really incredible.

Attached are a couple of photos (and in one he is waving).

J x

Attachments

• IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 4
wowoowowowow!!!! they are great photos im sooo jel hunnie, and so so happy for you all is prefect for you.!! xxxxx do you think most scans take half hour? ims at 12 think we try get hosiptal for 1130 as dont wanna rush, how much water did you drink?? may have a wee before leave and just take a huge bottle and sip until get called though? then ill have to hav my bloods done for downs test and normal booking in appt ones as nurse couldnt do them!xz

Piya: I'm so sorry to hear about your morning sickness...but is it evil to secretly love that someone is feeling just as bad as me? :S I got prescribed some tablets last week (Metoclopramide), but they didn't touch me! I'm just hoping that there's only a couple more weeks of it and that it will ease in 2nd tri...and, since hearing my baby's heartbeat and seeing my baby on the screen, it's strangely become all worth it!

Jules: That is the CUTEST baby ultrasound I've seen so far!!!! That's only 1 week ahead of my scan pics, and you can see so much of a change!! Makes me so excited to see baby again!!!!! Eeekkk!Bet you are so excited now, your little IVF miracle baby!!!!!

Same day as me then!!!!!!!!! Only 5 days till your anxious wait is over!!!!

I'd say, on the day of your scan, eat normally and drink about half an hour before the scan. I say this because my first scan at 7 weeks, I drank way too much too soon, which made the ultrasound pretty uncomfortable (Almost painful!) and my kidneys killed afterwards from holding it in! On Monday, I literally only drank half an hour before and only drank about half a litre and that was fine...it was comfortable, we saw everything fine and I wasn't bursting for a wee!

Is it your NT scan on Monday? I've read it takes about half an hour (Longer than other ultrasounds I've had, which have been 10 mins at the most) because of all the checks and measurements that they have to do...that's a lovely 30 minutes to see your baby wiggling around!!!!!!!!

yeah it is, just preying all is ok and a babba in there! xx

wowoowowowow!!!! they are great photos im sooo jel hunnie, and so so happy for you all is prefect for you.!! xxxxx do you think most scans take half hour? ims at 12 think we try get hosiptal for 1130 as dont wanna rush, how much water did you drink?? may have a wee before leave and just take a huge bottle and sip until get called though? then ill have to hav my bloods done for downs test and normal booking in appt ones as nurse couldnt do them!xz
Scan took about 30 mins but think the NHS ones are a bit quicker (will be interested to hear how long) and she was happy to let us watch the baby play around. For the NT no need to drink any more water than usual.

X

Hiya for u who were asking here u go! Hope monday shows a babba in there and not just got really fat!! X

Attachments

• IMG-20121017-00265.jpg
    IMG-20121017-00265.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 10
Piya: I'm so sorry to hear about your morning sickness...but is it evil to secretly love that someone is feeling just as bad as me? :S I got prescribed some tablets last week (Metoclopramide), but they didn't touch me! I'm just hoping that there's only a couple more weeks of it and that it will ease in 2nd tri...and, since hearing my baby's heartbeat and seeing my baby on the screen, it's strangely become all worth it!

Jules: That is the CUTEST baby ultrasound I've seen so far!!!! That's only 1 week ahead of my scan pics, and you can see so much of a change!! Makes me so excited to see baby again!!!!! Eeekkk!Bet you are so excited now, your little IVF miracle baby!!!!!
Yes, it's amazing how quickly they change; last time I saw him he was a little blob with a flashing heart. This one you can count all the fingers and toes! It was really incredible! He was often in the "classic fetal leg position" (apparently) which is soles of feet together so he looked like a frog when viewed from above. Coolest was when she panned round to his face to view it full frontal and you can make out crude structures already, like eye sockets. Not much longer for you and charmed now!

X

And....

Just a quick update on the bloods for my nuchal. So for someone my age (36) the down's risk is 1:181. Based on my profile, my risk is 1: 3,626, which is obviously a great result.

They also assess trisomy 13 and 18. For someone my age the risk for these is 1: 320. Based on my profile my risk is 1: 397. This is obviously not great. On the upside, many of the defects associated with either of these are very physical so would show up on subsequent scans. I will now have a scan at 16 weeks and another at 20 weeks to check on development. If anything unusual comes back in that then we'll do amniocentesis. We have the option to do amnio now for a definitive result but my consultant said that its reasonable to wait to see how things progress with the scans, although up to us.

Anyway, thought it worth sharing.

J x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"