All done

Tilliepink

Mamma of 2
Reaction score
Yesterday was the last day I expressed! It was bitter sweet...more sweet than bitter :haha: I have 5-6 months worth of frozen milk for her so at least she still has that.

I cant wait to have a drink next weekend! :thumbup:

well done for the expressing hun its not easy i dont know what i would have done if EJ had decided not to latch back onto boob lol i was getting seriously done in by the expressing and it was only 5 wks

Thank you!

24 weeks def wasnt easy but she is so worth it!

Well done, that's bloody hard work! You deserve a medal! :hugs:

that's a mahoooooosive achievement hun! :happydance::happydance::happydance:you should be super proud:thumbup::thumbup: x

oh my goodness! Hats off to you, if I had to express every feed I'd probably last about a week! :haha: Well done!

Wow that's fantastic!

Can I ask a quick question? I thought breastmilk could only be stored in the freezer for 3 months before you had to dispose of it? I'm going back to work in October and if she needs it while I'm working, would like DD2 to have ebm rather than formula. I haven't started expressing yet because everything I've read has said you can only keep ebm for up to 3 months even when frozen.

If everything I've read is wrong then I'll start expressing now then I can build up a good supply of it in the freezer.

Thanks if you can help :flower:

xx

There is alot of diff information out there. Some say 3 months some say 4 months, 6months ive even heard 12 months. Through my research ive found that most say 6 months. I taste and smell every feed b4 I give it to her to ensure it has no gone bad.

From what I've read, it depends on the type of freezer, so if it's a small compartment in a fridge - 3 months. Normal freezer - 6 months. Big deep/chest freezer - up to 12 months. That's just from memory though... I do the same as ^^^ and smell each batch - have used milk up to 6 months old from standard freezer with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

x

BTW, to have 5-6 months of frozen milk is an ABSOLUTELY AWESOME achievement!!!!! Wow!

x

Yea its all in a big deep freezer.

I wasnt at all engorged yesterday eventho it had been more than 24 hrs since the last time I pumped, but I woke up this morning very engorged?! Its so uncomfortable I just want it to go away!

Hat off to you :) I express every night so as to be able to mix Gaviscon with EBM and I can't wait to stop! x

The 3 month things is because the child's needs change and milk changes as time goes by, too. But By that stage she'll be on more solids too so I expect it will be fine.

Well done you!!!

Your freezer must be bloody massive!!!

Ah I see, that's fab about being able to keep it 6 months. I'll start trying to express some now then, in preparation for going back to work :cry:

xx

yea we have had to stop buying frozen food bc we had no room at all! Will be nice to get my freezer back eventually!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->