Am I insane? UPDATE EPU scan results

Honest to God I was told before I had any children by the top reproductive endocrinologists in our area, that I would never conceive children on my own. They would all have to be ivf babies.
I did have infertility treatment with my first & third. But nothing more than injections. I have also used herbs, charting, and acupuncture for my pregnancies.
You are not alone! You are also very capable of having more babies!

Oh that's so kind, that made me cry. Thank you xxx

Hopeful, I know this is a horrible situation to find yourself in, but I know so many people who have PCOS and go on to have successful pregnancies. They too thought the same as you, like maybe that was it, no more kids, but they were wrong and many managed to conceive ntnp which stunned them! So keep hope because it isn't lost, there is so much help available to you and I have complete faith you will go on to have a healthy pregnancy x x

I'm so sorry to hear that your appointment wasn't overly helpful! I hope you get some answers from the EPU with your blood tests :hugs:

I see lines could it be to early to see anything on a scan ?
hope the blood tests come back with something
I missed the drama of all the comments but :hugs:

Just wanted to offer a big hug again <3 hope your doing ok x

more :hugs: hope the blood tests come back with positive news hun x

I really hope you're ok have you had another scan or the blood results fingers crossed it's positive news and your just taking time to yourself x

Hi all, sorry I have been gone for so long! I did take some time out after the scan, we actually ended up booking a private one on the day of the midwife appointment because when we found out she wasn't going to do betas we didn't want to wait any longer. After the scan I was too upset to contact her, also embarrassed because it seemed really stupid for me to have gone for a private scan straight afterwards when she had me booked in for one a week later. TTC does this to us though doesn't it :(

Throughout the whole midwife appointment she treated me like I was having a normal healthy pregnancy. Which of course was lovely, but it got my hopes up, and I left the appointment feeling very much pregnant, so to be told an hour later I had an empty uterus was heartbreaking. I felt like I couldn't engage with anything pregnancy related, so I didn't end up telling the midwife I'd had the scan until 5 days later. She was lovely and so sympathetic, and got me in at the EPU (that's what the scan report advised) for the first appointment available, which I couldn't do, because I needed to go with my wife to her ADHD assessment that we'd waiting weeks for! So the next appointment she could get for me was today, and I've just been. They were amazing, I had another scan, which I wasn't expecting. She saw a thickened lining but no sac in the uterus. She again couldn't see anything ectopic, although she said it is extremely hard to rule it out, as they can't see everything. She said it definitely looked like there had been a pregnancy at some point because there was a very thick lining, and a corpus luteum cyst on the left, which she said is normal for pregnancy. I started to say "if I wasn't pregnant at all..." and she stopped me and said "no, you've had positive pregnancy tests. You wouldn't have had them if you weren't pregnant at some point." I told her I felt stupid for being there when there was nothing in my uterus, and she told me I had every reason to be there, and all the information she had suggested I either was, or had been pregnant. She said it's a pregnancy of unknown location (never heard of that before!), and she sent me for betas today and in two days time. I've had the first lot (worst blood test EVER! It hurt like hell :( ) and she's going to call me in the morning.

So that's where I'm at. Sorry for the essay!!

Really sorry your scans didn't bring you good news, I know how hearbreaking it is. Hope your doing ok x

Wow, you've been going through so much. I'm sorry there isn't more clarity now, this has to be so frustrating for you. So, is there a chance that there is a normal pregnancy that just isn't visible yet? Or would they have seen more? I hope you get some clear answers soon x x

Wow, you've been going through so much. I'm sorry there isn't more clarity now, this has to be so frustrating for you. So, is there a chance that there is a normal pregnancy that just isn't visible yet? Or would they have seen more? I hope you get some clear answers soon x x

Well, I suppose there is a tiny tiny chance, but I only did one insemination, and that was on 29th June. The sperm would have had to live SUPER long.
It could almost be possible with late implantation and slow rising HCG... but the dates would still be a week or so out. There's a slim chance I could only be 6 weeks, but something ought to be visible by now if that's the case. I've still got cheapies and I'm still getting faint lines - the leaflet they gave me said that can happen if you have miscarried... but I haven't bled.

Yes, I continued to get positive tests until after my bloods came back below 1, and I had bled. They were negative three days after that and I was stunned how long they could show lines for. But hopefully this isn't the case for you, I hope you get a happy outcome I really do :hugs:

Yes, I continued to get positive tests until after my bloods came back below 1, and I had bled. They were negative three days after that and I was stunned how long they could show lines for. But hopefully this isn't the case for you, I hope you get a happy outcome I really do :hugs:

I hope so too... although I don't see how :( she said a pregnancy outside the uterus can sometimes just be reabsorbed, and you don't bleed, so that could have happened. I'd definitely rather than than need meds for an ectopic.

Absolutely, if there isn't a baby hiding away in the right place. I really hope there is, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->