Am I too early for a July buddy?

Hi ladies! I joined this thread before months ago, but forgot to hit subscribe to get the updates (I blame pregnancy brain). I'm so glad I found it again so I can join in! I've just starting feeling baby move this week with certainty. I was feeling things before, but since this is my first, I wasn't really sure if it was movement or not. Now to know for sure that's in there doing flips is so exciting!

Hey Dandi, welcome back!!

V day for me today!

Hi Dandi, this is my first as well, wasn't sure if what I was feeling was movements but they got stronger and more obvious- can see my tummy move from the outside. So strange.
MrsLux- happy V day.
I've got my 25 week checkup tomorrow- exciting times.

You've gone quiet on me girls!!
How is everyone? Heading towards the third trimester!!! These last few weeks seem to have done the quickest. I realised the other day I have a babygrow problem.... I have bought so many!! Hubby has put me on a ban! Whoops...!!

Nothing much to update here. Measuring almost 3 weeks ahead and have my 4d scan tomorrow but that's about it!

RedButterfly - Wow, 3 weeks ahead!!!

Nothing much to update from me, had my glucose tolerance tests yesterday, i haven't heard anything yet which is a good sign as I should have heard yesterday if I failed, but they said to wait till the end of today to be on the safe side. Fingers crossed!!

Hope everyone is doing well!x

Hello everyone....well today I got up at 06:30 and knocked back a bottle of disgusting glucose syrup in preparation for my gestional diabetes test....only to realise that I was a week out so I've got to do it all again next week! Great. LOL. Babyhead.

Not much going on here. V day tomorrow!

So close to the third trimester!
What have you ladies got left to buy?
When are you doing your nurseries?

Yay, we're all on the home stretch now!! :thumbup:

I think we're almost sorted, need to get a few small bits but all the big items have been purchased. Nursery is a work in progress, we've done the painting, now just need to build furniture and a few other small bits! So exciting!!!

We painted the nursery last week and now I'm just finishing up the trim and the built in shelves. I've got the bedding and changing table ready to go, just waiting on the crib and glider chair that two friends have so generously donated to me (one of the perks of being late to the baby party, lots of hand me downs from mom friends who are done with their furniture!). We've gotten so many things at consignment sales. Before getting pregnant, I had no idea that there were so many huge consignment sales in my area just for kids and baby items. It's amazing. I used to think I'd want all brand new until I started to add everything up and now I'm all about a bargain. I'm washing my first set of baby clothes today so I can get them hung up in the closet and it feels so exciting to see all of the tiny garments just waiting to be worn. =)

I'm looking forward to that job Dandi, washing all his clothes but I'm saving it until Mat leave. Hubby has primed all the walls in the nursery. In laws are coming down week after next to help paint and set up furniture. It will all seem so real then! At the moment the nursery seems like a bit of a junk room full of flat packs and bags of stuff!!
How are we doing on names? We (I mean I haha) have pretty much decided. Although I have started to tell people we haven't decided when they ask because im fed up of hearing people's opinions!!

We're actually having a naming evening tonight! haha. We are both going to have a book each and pick out our top 5 names. We both love Jack but unfortunately I have a friend due with a boy in a coupld of weeks so I dont want to get to stuck with Jack in case she uses it, so we've decided to work on the basis that Jack inst available. Once we've picked out 5 names each we'll try and narrow it down to a total or 3 or 4 definite options. But hopefully, she wont use Jack, and then we can and all this will have been for nothing :rofl:

Also, here's a picture of our nursery so far....I can't wait for it to be finished!!! I'm also going to save all the washing for when I'm on maternity leave, as it'll be June I'm hoping the weather will be nice that I can hang all his little babygrows on the washing line to dry!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 3
Wow I love the wall art Babylove! We are going for a very similar wall colour with navy blue/white star curtains and accessories.

Love that wall! It's so exciting to see it start to come together isn't it? Our nursery was a bit of a storage room before, so it's quite a transformation.

We decided on our name rather early, by 16 weeks. I was nervous about announcing it for fear that people would express negative opinions or something. We just decided to proclaim that as his name and start calling him that immediately so everyone knew it was a done deal and they better like it or keep their opinions to themselves. Now everyone refers to him by name and it makes it feel so much more real!

My DD is only 2.5 and I kept a lot of her good bits so I don't have hardly anything to buy this time around which is a bit sad but at the same time, saved me hours of Internet trawling. I need to get the boxes of clothes out of storage & wash them...buy new sheets for the cot but that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->