Amount of presents ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

highhopes19

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to do regarding my nieces and nephew, toms sister spends a considerable amount more on Isabelle than I do her 3 at Christmas, bare in mind I haven't seen the older 2 since belles 1st birthday and never met the youngest one so I have no real idea of what their interests are now :nope: I can kind of guess with the 3 year old as there's only a 6 week age ago between her and Isabelle so I get them the same sort of things. Its hard as I co ant ask her what their into :shrug:.

So my dilemma also is I've nearly brought all their presents but the 3 year old little girl seems to have more than the other 2 because she's easier to guess than the baby and little boy :shrug:

Should I stop and give them what I've already brought or keep buying so they all have the same amount:

1 year old niece has;
Vtech learning talking book
Minnie Mouse outfit
Wooden letter m is for mia

3 year old niece has;
Colour in play house
Doc mcstuffins booboo book
Princess sticker book
Frozen wash MIT
Sofia busy book
Wooden letter N is for nicola

5 year old nephew has;
Magic hat magicians kit
Marvel jumbo colouring pad
Shark board game
Wooden letter T is for Tyler

I would just give them what you have. My nephews all have diff amounts xx

I'd maybe add a sticker book or wash cloth for the 5 year old.

The 1 year old isn't going to notice the other two have more bits than her but the 3 & 5 year olds should have similar number of bits. But remember that your SIL is only buying for 1 child you are buying for 3 and they can share stuff.

I am having this dilemma too as my niece seems to have more than my nephew although the costs are the same. I have decided to get him a little something extra to make it even. Perhaps get the 5 year old a wash mitt or sticker book, the younger one won't know :)

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about it. Maybe get the 5 year old an additional sticker book, etc. as other people have suggested. Can you not just ask your SIL what they would like?

I would say you have more than enough, but then I could be considered a bit of a scrooge when it comes to my nieces and nephews - by mutual agreement I no longer buy for my older brother and sister's kids (the youngest of them is 17 and 2 of the eldest have kids of their own!) and for my younger sister's 3 I get just one present each, with a budget of about £5! We decided it made more sense to concentrate our money and efforts on our own children.
Having said that it is possible the 5 year old will notice he has less than his sister, but perhaps not likely if the overall pile of presents is particularly large!

Personally I would do the same for all of them as is feel guilty lol x

I'd try to make sure the older 2 have an even amount to open. But with the 3 yr olds, you could probably bundle a few things together in a gift, so it actually works out the same amount of gifts to open. Like the stickers and books could likely all be wrapped together as one gift. I think you got them plenty, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"