And people feel the need to warn us about slings?!

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
https://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Baby-Escape-On-Train-Tracks-Melbourne-Boy-Unhurt-As-Pushchair-Rolls-In-Front-Of-Train/Article/201005415638496?lpos=World_News_Second_World_News_Feature_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15638496_Baby_Escape_On_Train_Tracks%3A_Melbourne_Boy_Unhurt_As_Pushchair_Rolls_In_Front_Of_Train

I remeber the one from October :shock: <-- I actually looked like that as I watched it

Eek, I thought this was a repost of the one from a while ago, but another one? Scary.

It's not the same but a few months ago in London (I think) there was a child killed when something fell on his pushchair in the street. I know that's nothing to do with the child having been in a pushchair, but if something like that happened to a mum and baby in a sling people would say it was something to do with the sling I'm sure. The fact is, bad things happen however you carry/push your baby around!

did the brakes fail or something?
I know when I have used a pram I never let go of it without putting the brakes on...was paranoid about things like this!

if something like that happened to a mum and baby in a sling people would say it was something to do with the sling I'm sure. The fact is, bad things happen however you carry/push your baby around!

That's what I was thinking. Apparently it's 2 accidents at the same station in the last 12 months.

OMG - why wasnt the brake on??????

oh yeah, i saw the october one on the news last year, was very shocking, amazing that the babies survived really.
x

Its like anything though, sling or pushchair, if used badly or there is negligence accidents will happen.

Totally agree, just seems to be when it's a sling people blame the sling rather than the user in alot of cases :shrug:

Looking at the footage, I can't believe the baby survived, so so lucky. I do feel pretty sorry for the grandmother, she must feel awful.

Totally agree, just seems to be when it's a sling people blame the sling rather than the user in alot of cases :shrug:

Looking at the footage, I can't believe the baby survived, so so lucky. I do feel pretty sorry for the grandmother, she must feel awful.

and bizarrely I have seen the opposite :wacko: A mum came on a forum (a regular) and admitted her baby of about 6 months had fallen face first out of the pushchair (poor things was quite badly cut and bruised as one would imagine!) - she had forgotten to strap it in.....but not one person said a bad word to her even though there was nothing else to blame! I just don't get how people 'forget' to strap a baby in, its like I cant drive without my belt and I cant sit her in the pram with out putting her belt on!

I can't believe that they both survived, that is incredible... I just can't imagine.

My mei tai is due to arrive in the next few days and I have already have had people question the safety. One thing that gets said is "But what if you fall?" and I say you can fall with a pushchair too. Things like this regardless of if the brakes failed or they forgot to put them on do prove that pushchairs are not 100% safe. Plus, the back wheels fell off my travel system because the axle on the earlier models were not designed well (the company has since sent us a new and improved axle) and although my LO was safe it is easy to see how it could have caused an accident in a different situation and yet no one I know has questioned the safety of travel systems as a whole.

....and last time I checked, a Mei Tai couldn't snap your baby's fingers off.... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->