Angelynn Updates

we will keep praying for Angel, meanwhile, please take good care of yourself as well...

Good to hear she's in a cot!!

Cant wait to hear how she goes with it all!!!

On Friday I found the beginning of your story and started reading.
Finally finished. :blush:

What a truly inspirational story! It had me in tears throughout! You have a beautiful daughter who is blessed with a truly amazing mother. Your strength throughout the past few months has been so moving!

28 Feb is my Birthday!! :happydance: lol
Hope you have your bundle of joy home in your arms by then!

All the best.

Well not much else to report since last time. Angelynn should be 4lbs by today :happydance:
And the nurse said that in 2 weeks they will start a homecoming plan!!!! OMG now im starting to get nervous lol but soooo excited. I can't beleive that time is coming already! The nurses are just astonished at her progress and how much weight she's gained since she's arrived at that hospital. She's also eagerly taking more bottles and is geting fed up with the gavage tube being forced down her throat. So she's slowly turning a corner in the feeding department. We are also going to try using a breast shield to get her eating off the breast better. I think the breast nuzzling and consistent cuddles are partly responsible for her amazing turnover :) She's a happy girl now.

They are also slowly weaning down her oxygen. In a week she's gone from 90-100% to being in the 60% range without having to be turned up when she's being handled.. So once she's on full bottle feeds they will trial her on room air. I really hope she does well so she can come home without it. It would be nice to look at her beautiful face without that darn tube and stickies on the side of hear head!!

Now the only thing I worry about is her ROP. It has not improved so she's got a 70% chance of needing the laser treatment. Im not sure when they will decide. It's not getting worse but it's also not getting better. So Im not sure if they will give it another week and decide at the next exam or what. :( I just hope that it doesn't get any worse. I think that I would prefer her to have the surgery just so I have a peace of mind knowing my daughter won't lose her sight. I think i'd be devastated if that happened!!

But thank you everyone for your support and prayers. Your kind words and your support keeps me so strong and motivated. You are all such great people I wish I could personally give each of you a hug :)

I love checking for Angel updates! Great to hear that you guys are doing well!

It's so good to hear that she's doing so well, wow 4 lbs already!! Before you know it you'll be taking her home!

I just want to say that I think your little girl is amazing! I am so happy to read that she is doing well and I will keep all of you in my prayers! :hugs:

I'm so pleased that Angel is coming on so well. 4lbs is fantastic, you must be so pleased with the progress she is making.

Yay 4 lbs!! Thats awesome!! I'm so glad that she is continuing to do so well.

:hugs:

So glad she's doing so well hon. I just finished watching your little videos in the photo gallery, she's just so precious :cloud9:

wow angelynn is doing amazing xxx hope u and oh are doing ok to xx

Well just a quick update. Angels almost 4 1/2 lbs. She managed to gain 95grams in one day!!! What a pig! LOL but she's got alot of fluid building up around her eye lids, ender her chin and her labia. Yesterday she seemed to be working a little bit harder to breath because of it so she might need to get a dose of lasix to get rid of that extra fluid. She was also desatting quite a bit last night I think she was uncomfortable :( So she looks very chubby but it's not her it's extra fluid. Still as cute as can be though :D
Also her ROP has not gotten worse but it's still sitting at the same point and if it gets any worse they will intervene and do the laser therapy. But right now they arn't too worried as of yet. So that's good it's not getting any worse.
She's also taking 4 bottles a day and depending on her cues the nurses will just keep giving her more bottle feeds. They are doing it every other gavage feed and she seems to be handling it very well.
But not much else has changed! She's 16 1/2 inches long so i'm hoping she'll gain a half inch every 2 weeks. She's slowly catching up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->