anixety panic attacks and depression surpport group

Thank you :) He is 9 and yes it does get stressful around here!

had a phone call today about my CBT referal and i am eligible for 20 sessions of CBT! hopefully i can get help with dealing with my panic attacks x

had a phone call today about my CBT referal and i am eligible for 20 sessions of CBT! hopefully i can get help with dealing with my panic attacks x

wow thats fantastic news! im so pleased for you :)

CBT works for a lot of people, it has a very high success rate. the first few sessions can be difficult but stick it out and hopefully it will help you x

Babydevil really hope it goes well for you. Do you know when it will start?
The only reason it didn't work for me was because there was a break down in communication - the appointment letters on several occasions didn't arrive and so the therapist thought I wasn't interested when I didn't turn up for the appointments. Don't think she believed that I wasn't receiving the appointment letters!

PepsiChic that's a really a really cute photo :)

hi everyone. just wondering if at their booking appointment did anyone have a refferal made to be monitor more closely when baby is born to make sure you are coping?

thanks eblondie!

johns girl, i havent personally but i imagine that its because people who suffer from depression before getting pregnant have a higher chance of suffering from a severe form of Post Natal Depression once the baby has arrived.

depression doesnt really go away but it can be less and worse at times.

that isnt always the case though, ive suffered manic depression for almost 10 years but i didnt suffer from PND, just recently my depression is surfacing again but no PND at all. so it depends on the person and how they are coping etc.

have you got friends or family that can help you?

yeah have plenty of support, husband, family etc. get support form my mental health centre too just worried me a bit as it is a child protection referal :( I know it's for my benifit but it's still kinda hard to not think I'll be judged you know.

No I didn't Johns girl... but I should have done!

Ugh I had a minor melt down today. Just wanted to run away but it's hard with a LO and a 9 yr old!!! Later on this evening I sat on the front doorstep (thought it was better than running away!) and a friend came past and needed to talk. Luckily I actually felt better afterwards - it took my mind of my problems and made me focus on someone else.

johns girl, i can imagine that its a really hard thing to deal with especially during your pregnancy, but try not to let it get too you too much, easy said then done but you dont need the added stress right now. just make sure your very open with your family and husband because a newborn is hard work and you'll get tired and that can make depression worse so try to get naps during the day and have someone else watch LO for an hour, and nap when LO does forget the housework! i wish i had listened to that bit of advice i think i would of coped a lot better if i had.

eblondie im so glad you got some time away even if it was just the front doorstep, and even better then a friend came to talk. *hugs*

eblondie ~ thats a shame it didnt work! im hoping its going to help me as we want to ttc this year so i will have to come off the tablets! im getting a phone call on friday to see when i can start im hoping in the next few weeks! xx

Babydevil I have an appointment in 5 weeks at the Drs and I have a feeling that they will say I should try it again. I remember when I tried before I was given lots of reading material. Back then I struggled to read anything which is another reason why it didn't work... I didn't do my homework!

I had a letter today from the recurrent miscarriage unit that I was referred to a couple of years ago. They want me to help them with some research. I felt sick when I read the letter as I hate thinking back to those bad times. I've decided that I have to help. If others before me hadn't of helped then I probably never would have had my LO. I have a lot to be thankful for :)

Babydevil I have an appointment in 5 weeks at the Drs and I have a feeling that they will say I should try it again. I remember when I tried before I was given lots of reading material. Back then I struggled to read anything which is another reason why it didn't work... I didn't do my homework!

i hope its not too much reading it makes me sleepy!! :coffee: :haha: lol!! x

eblondie *hugs* thats a very kind and brave thing to do.

babydevil...i used to LOVE reading now i dont have the time!

I now love to read but I usually fall asleep holding the book!

having a rough time because of the smoking problem with ym husband. i keep thinking its my fault that he smoked, that i must of done something, i feel so hateful about myself for all of it.

having a rough time because of the smoking problem with ym husband. i keep thinking its my fault that he smoked, that i must of done something, i feel so hateful about myself for all of it.

You shouldn't feel like that PepsiChic :hugs: He needs to think of other ways to sort his stress levels out. It's not your fault that he chose to smoke it was totally his choice. We all get stressed at times but we all use different things to de-stress. Have you talked with him about what he could do other than smoke?

You shouldn't feel like that PepsiChic :hugs: He needs to think of other ways to sort his stress levels out. It's not your fault that he chose to smoke it was totally his choice. We all get stressed at times but we all use different things to de-stress. Have you talked with him about what he could do other than smoke?

thanks hunny, i hadnt thought about that but im not sure what i could suggest to him that he do instead of smoke, do you have any ideas?

Well exercise is always the recommended one. I like to do Wii fit if I can't get out... do you have it?

we dont have a wii, we have an xbox 360 with the kinect though but havent actually played it at all! we bought it because it was required for my husbands job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->