Another potential ectopic, 5 years to the date. Update pg 3

breakingdawn

Reaction score
5 years ago at this very same time I had an ectopic pregnancy and lost my right tube and almost died. About a week ago I got a BFP. My first blood levels were 56 which started out good. Three days later, they rose to only 83. :cry: Is this really another ectopic 5 years later? I feel like I have done something horrible for this sort of karma?

As morbid as it sounds.. I am praying to m/c naturally. That means my last remaining tube was healthy enough to carry a baby down it and maybe we can try again one day. If it is an ectopic, that basically means all hope is lost because my last tube is damaged and IVF just is not an option. We have two healthy children and for that I am grateful.. please do not get me wrong.

Still very sad and scared. Could use some prayers, positive vibes, whatever you have... thank you.

Aw I'm so so sorry. I've had an ectopic too and it was tough, and I completely understand when u say you hope things resolve naturally. Pray that things work out for u. Big hug xxx :hugs:

I have never had a normal m/c before so I am not sure what to expect if I do? Or how long it takes? Is there hope at all this is just a normal m/c and not an ectopic?

Yeh there is A good chance that it will be that instead of an ectopic, time will tell. And even if it does turn out to be ectopic it's been caught early so shouldn't damage your tube. They can treat it with medication. When I had my ectopic my numbers stayed low and I got methotrexate and kept my tube. And surprisingly when I fell pregnant with my son it turned out to be the ectopic side that had ovulated so it mustn't have blocked it either. I have had a mc also but I couldn't give u any clue on what to expect as mine was a mmc and I had to have a d&c so that wasn't really natural either.
I felt the same as u when I had my second loss.. Couldn't believe it was happening to me again and wondered what I had done to deserve it. But a year on and time really has been a healer. I realise now that actually things have worked out for us probably for the better.. As hard as it felt at the time.
Xxx

When they gave me methotrexate with my first ectopic, it was too late. My tube had already ruptured. My question is, my doctor keeps saying nothing can be seen on an ultrasound with levels below 1,000.. so how do they know for sure it is ectopic in time?

they will monitor your hcg. If the levels go up and down then that is pretty indicative of an ectopic. Or at least a pregnancy that is failing. In that case they would offer the methotrexate even if nothing on scan. If the numbers begin to fall consistently then it's most likely going to resolve itself. Don't panic. It will not get to the stage of rupture again as long as they are keeping a close eye on you. Xxx

When is your next beta draw...It may still recover.

My draw is tomorrow morning. Even if it recovers I don't see how a doubling time of 128 hours is a good thing, when the max is usually 72 hours before worry. :(

I know it's so upsetting to realize you could be in a potential loss situation. I will say it does not mean ectopic! When I had an ectopic, my numbers were perfectly normal and I only know because I started bleeding and went to the hospital. HCG numbers are only a possible indicator and have been widely criticized for diagnosing an ectopic. Did you have a progesterone draw? It's not conclusive either but may indicate how everything's going in there. Hang in there! We're all here for you.

He did not do my progesterone. :/ Even if it recovers and has doubled my main concern is ectopic. Only because I know the numbers can be very erratic. From what I can recall with my ectopic in 2011.. I got a late BFP, it was very faint. My first beta was only 14 which was low. But it did double the next draw and the next draw. Once it got to 1,000 or so it dropped back to 900, then randomly went up to 1500. But I have also read slow rising hcg is also a concern for ectopic. I really hope it is just a normal miscarriage because it would give me hope my only tube left is not bad and that something else was the problem instead.

Hoping its not ectopic for you hun! Did they say when they might try to look for a sac or anything in the uterus?

My doctor makes it seem like nothing will be visible before levels are 1,000 but by that point it will have ruptured because that is what happened last time so I don't know what to do.

My numbers with my girl were very slow rising at first they were concerned. But she asleep now like an angel. But I think if there rising slowly already at this point and don't countinue to rise it should be a natural miscarriage but if it's not you caught it early enough and the doctor can help. I have my fingers crossed for you x

Hi OP. I had a similar experience - ruptured right side ectopic (two years ago). I'm guessing you're in the US, as here in the UK they won't test hCG or anything like that as far as I know. I am approx 5w4d now, and next week at 6w2d they are going to do a scan to check whether it's ectopic. Are they going to continue to monitor your levels?

I know what you mean, the fear of another ectopic is awful. I get a sick and panicked feeling whenever I think of it.

By the way, didn't you have any symptoms before the rupture last time? I felt sure that something was wrong, just felt weird. I also had very dark bleeding, a low pain (not severe), and was dizzy. I was dizzy in my normal pregnancy though, too. I feel dizzy with this one too, and keep wondering about it 😕

I had more blood work today, I will get those results tomorrow morning and then talk to my doctor about where to go next. My hope is that my numbers went way down and it is just a natural m/c. But I don't think I will be that lucky. Obviously I have done something awful in the past to deserve all this again. Not many symptoms right now but with my last ectopic I had none until about 5-6 weeks.

Dont blame yourself.

And it might not be ectopic. Let us know how it goes, and I will update too.

Everywhere I read says slow rising hcg is usually ectopic. I have no experience with hcg levels and a normal miscarriage but from what I have seen, a lot of women said their levels rose normally before their m/c. :(

I had slow rising Hcg with my mc in December. I think they went from 160 to 260, then to 105 and the following day I started bleeding.

Unfortunately, bad things can and do happen to good people, it's nothing to do with having done anything awful in the past.

Hope you get some definite answers soon

Hi, I just to reassure you that it could easily not be ectopic. I had very slow rising hcg levels with multiple missed miscarriages. 80 to 98 on one occasion. All 3 of my friends had mc's too and two of them had slow rising numbers . I am praying its not an ectopic for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->