Another quesion about GTT

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by purple_socks, Apr 22, 2009.

1. purple_socks

purple_socks Guest

can u eat during the 2 hour gap between first blood test and second?

i've got my test 2moro and if i can't eat anything for the whole time i'm gonna b starving :p

2. Kapow

Kapow OH, Moo moo and lil ted.

You can't eat anything between the two test as they need to find out how your body processes the measured dose of glucose. They also don't like you to walk around too much as your body will burn it off faster.

Take a book as it's a long boring wait!!

I had mine last week. Fortunately I've not developed GD. My readings were 4.8 on arrival and 7.3 two hours after the glucose drink. 7.8 or higher is classed as GD. As mine was quite high I'll have to have the test again in a month if they find sugar in my urine again.

No more chocolate or donuts for me until Chip arrives. I'm erring on the side of caution!

Best of luck. Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow.

Kxx

3. Kayleigh09

Kayleigh09 Well-Known Member

No you cant eat until the second blood test has been completed hun :-( its a right pain and you can only have little sips of water x

4. Pink_Witch

Pink_Witch proud mummy of 6

what they said!! :rofl:

good luck chicky xx:hug: