Another stupid question re: summer and hats

Clo

mum 2 an angel boy, and 2 rainbow boys
Reaction score
I'm going to be taking my nearly 5 week old baby out in the pram today.. its 20 degrees celsius at the moment and he currently has on a vest, t-shirt and footless cotton trousers in the house.

Will he need a cardi or blanket and what about a hat? I would have thought he'd be too hot but when I was out yesterday I kept seeing people out with little babies and they were really wrapped up with hoods/hats and jackets on... but I would have thought it was too hot for that...?

Xxx

If it's hot, I just put my LO in a nappy and dress or a romper. No vest and no hat.

Tbh as long as they're in the shade they don't really need the hat anyway imo. Just take some blankets in case he gets a little chilly!

Hi, I think a hat might be worth it if you have nothing shielding his face/head from sun, but what you've put on him seems fine - i'd take a cardy and blankie too though, just in case a breeze picks up xx

Alfie has a hat on because his pram has windows on the side and the sun shines through a little. Aslong as LO's shaded shouldnt matter to much. I wouldnt personally put alfie in a hooded jacket in this heat :shrug: we always have a spare cardi under the pram incase it drops cold though.

<3

^ WSS..
I wouldnt worry about a hat, just make sure lo is in the shade.

Were staying in today as anything above 10degrees is too hot for me and i get too stressed so lo is in vest, tshirt and socks..

X

Thanks, ill be keeping the hood of the pram up and can pull it down slightly so it shades his face but I might take a hat just in case!

I dont like the heat much either but am going to attempt to walk to a local breastfeeding group. xx

I just have him in a babygrow. If he gets chilly I put a blanket on him. He is a hot baby though, and yesterday he was screaming as he was too hot! I always take a coupl eof blankets in the car or at his feet in the pram in case he gets chilly.

if LO is covered up by pram visor and shaded wouldnt worry about a hat,but if hes gona be in pram in the sun,hat and some suncream.I've got LO in vest and shorts,with his light sockies on.but vest with light blanky over LO should be fine :)

I was told by the midwife no hat in this heat. He is in a vest, Tshirt and shorts with little socks. No covers on him, I would take a cardy and a blanket just in case the sun goes in or something. But keep checking him to make sure he is not too hot.

unless your los face is going to be in the sun you shouldnt need a hat. tbh chloe only wears a vest indoors and when we go out when its hot just a dress or vest top and shorts, but she does get warm very easily:dohh: because of your lo's age id say use a vest under the shorts and t-shirt and keep a blanket hand just incase

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->