Any advice on unclear HPT results?

momma_bear

Heard HB at 9.5 weeks!
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Warning, this is a little long...sorry. :(

So- a bit of background. DH and I conceived back in late November 08. On January 12th, I suffered a brutal natural miscarriage. My hcg didn't fall as expected- I was still testing positive on hpt tests until early March.

On March 12th, 13th and 14th, I took three consecutive :bfn: hpt tests. I assumed that this meant that my levels were back down to zero (or at the very least undetectable). I started charting at that point and my temperatures here clockwork normal.

On the 28th of March I had an O dip and then shot up to a biphasic temp pattern. A six days later I had a minor dip (still above the cover line); aside from that, I have been steadily above temp since the 28th. (Now 14 DPO).
I also had numerous symptoms identical to my first pregnancy (blue veins on chest, light acne (I usually have crystal clear skin), fatigue, sore BB, etc.)

Three days ago I took a First Response Early Detector hpt- I got a very, very faint line. At first I thought it was an evap line, but it is pink (and is still there today). This was in the PM and not with FMU so I assumed my urine wasn't concentrated enough and that it was a very early :bfp:.

So last night, I took another test to confirm. Again, in the PM and not with FMU. Same result. ":bfp:" Very faint line, definitely there and definitely pinkish. DH confirmed both the line and its color with me to make sure i wasn't crazy lol. Of course, I ran with the assumption that I was preggy.

So, this morning, I took a First Response DIGITAL test and it came back :bfn:. Again, I would be 14 DPO today, so it should have come back positive. Still no sign of :witch:, no cramping, no spotting, creamy white cm, high positioned cervix (apologies for TMI)...My temps today were still high.

My understanding of Evap lines is that they are usually gray or white (should not have traces of dye) and generally appear AFTER the 3 minutes have elapsed. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? This is the first digital test I have ever used, but I think they are supposed to be more reliable? Should I assume that I had evap lines and that's it?

Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

sometimes digi ones take longer to test BFP as they arent as good as picking up hormones. do a test in a few days time, but sounds good to me xx :hugs: and good luck xx

I guess the biggest question I have is whether or not evap lines can be colored. Are they always gray/white/colorless or are there some tests where the evap line will come up in the pink dye?

Im not sure if evaps can be colored or not - sorry... wouldnt think you would have more than one evap that looked exactly the same though & if it was in the time limit should be a bfp. digi's are sometimes less sensitive than other tests - depending on which other tests people are using. Have you looked on peeonastick.com? :dust: for your bfp!

hey hun go to https://www.peeonastick.com/ it will show what evap lines look like ect. amazing website hope this helps but as far as i know evaps dont have colour i hope this is you BFP

Can't you take the digital tests apart to see if there is a line in there? (Well 2 lines for a BFP i guess?)

Not sure but I heard that somewhere........

I've also heard the digi tests are less sensitive - so I'm guessing it's a bfp and will just take a little longer to show on a digital! good luck.

i would retest in a couple of days, but if you got a bfp on a test then it sounds good to me!! xx

huns the digis will ony pick up hcg at 50 miu whereas frer and ICs are normally 10miu so this is prob why u not getting :bfp: on digi yet..fear not it will come dnt panic and from what ur saying now it all sounds text book, white creamy cm and if i know right it probs lots off to yes?? and temps still high, no af cramps anything, well done girl u have ur bfp, take it easy wait few more days then use digi, and u will defo get that pos result, also yes u can break apart digis there is a stick inside with the lines bit if one line neg, if 2 lines pos, but like i say they are not sensitive so if no line dnt panic it will come on them soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->