Any big momma's out there?

pinkneon the nurse never gave me anything about healthy eating though I was expecting a lecture from her :wacko: you don't have to do it if you don't want to x

I DO eat healthily though which is what I find so weird. I folded up the paper about healthy eating and have put it in my "recycle" pile! (Shhhh!) but apparently I ahve to do the food diary before I go her her again :hmm:

Is there another nurse you could see?

She seems quite pushy!

Not really - they all work on different days, but as well as medication they prescribe they write a paragraph or so on what was discussed and who the patient saw etc. So it'll be in my notes that this nurse asked me to complete a food diary for the next 2 weeks, and if I ask a different nurse they'll just say the same thing :(

For god sake they can't force you to do it love. If they ask to see it say you made a decision not to. You aren't at school and it isn't homework! Who on earth do they think they are treating you like that? Yes it's their job to make recommendations but they can't bully you into doing things.

Exactly. If the nurse had said something like look we really need to talk about your weight etc. and had stressed it was important then maybe fair enough but if she's thrown some healthy eating leaflets at you then wtf. Why the need for a diary?

For christ sake I'm the one who needs a bloody diary, I'm almost 21 stone for godsake, but no-ones ever had a go at me lol!

:rofl: You go girls! I wasn't sure if there was something she wasn't telling me or if maybe she was going to test for something (what do you test for?!) but wasn't going to mention it til she'd seen the diary ... I dunno. I hated my GP (sometimes) but wish she would come back now! I know when I was about 13 someone wanted to do some tests because even though I was eating healthily and exercising I was still putting on weight, and never seemed to loose any. I moved just after that so they never did the tests, but maybe that's what she wants it for? I dunno ... I told her I wouldn't do it anyway cos my memory is worse than a sieve and so I'd forget anyway. I wonder though if it's because I don't eat much really. When I do eat, I eat pretty healthily - mostly, but I just hardly ever get hungry so don't see the need to eat unless I'm hungry. I often go a few days at a time without eating anything ... So unless she wanted it to see exactly how little I eat?? (A few years back someone said I had an eating disorder because I had to go stay with this women who I hated and because I was scared, homesick and nervous I wasn't hungry so didn't eat anything for the whole 2 weeks I was there!) I had originally thought it was because I keep fainting for no apparent reason but then I came to my senses and relaized that the nurse is not going to ask me to keep a FOOD diary to work out why I faint! :haha:

But not eating enough could be causing you to faint love - if you aren't getting enough nutrition, vitamins, minerals xx

Yeah, but it was ruled out because most of the times I've fainted has been just after I've eaten! Plus the fainting has only recently really begun (it happened a few summers back in the hot weather but has been worse recently) and I have eaten like this forever ... My doctor had once told me that as it was something I was used to she wasn't too concerned about my eating habits. Although everyone else says it's "not normal" it's normal for me and always has been for some reason :shrug: But the hospital keep putting the fainting down to "ear infections" which never seem to exist when they claim I have one! I'm putting it down to stress I think

Hey everyone :D! Congratulations on the new pregnancies!

Pinkneon - If I were you, I would ask to see someone else. I was expecting a lot of negativity and it made me quite stressed and I don't want my weight to put a downer on the happiest time of my life, as long as the baby is healthy and my midwife is telling me I need to know but not being rude, my midiwife just told me I'd need to test for GD later on in my pregnancy cos of my high BMI but that's it :) My Blood pressure and everything else is fine, she said I'm fit and healthy and there's no issue. Oh and I weigh more than you and I'm quite short!

BigBetty - I love your display picture, your girl is the cutest!

Hope everyone else is doing well with their bumps and babies!

AFM - I had my booking appointment and everything is great, just waiting for my scan on Monday! All my family have been joking about twins because they really run in our family. I'll share the news with you all on Monday! xoxo

Good luck Lollipopbop ! I cant believe your 12 weeks scan has come round all ready, it probably seems ages for you. I know first tri for me was soooo sllloooooowwwwww :)

Sequeena - that's good news about LO getting his op soon

Hey lollipopbob - glad your booking appointment went ok. Let us know how your scan goes xxx

Well, got my GD results and i'm "normal" ha ha, yay! So chuffed I dont have it...must admit I was a bit worried!

Yay. Why did you have to wait for the results tho? I got mine right away x

I dont know why I had to wait? I guess they had to wait for the blood test results...bit slow in the south west ha ha

Just dropping in to say Hey!!
So much lovely good news, its been great reading all the posts!
Hoping for some of my own soon !!!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back