Any big momma's out there?

Hi Ladies, hope everyone is well. I had my growth scan today and they are concerned that the baby is a bit small. I have to go back for the next 2 weeks to monitor the baby to make sure its getting enough nutrients and that the cord is doing its job properly.
If I remember rightly did you have a similar problem Betty? What did they do for you??

Hi love, yes it was me. She was measuring small when the mw measured my tummy at 29 weeks and the growth scan at 32 weeks showed the same thing - she was right at the bottom of the growth scale.

When I went back 2 weeks later I knew she'd had a growth spurt because I could feel it - and I was right because she was right in the middle of the growth chart. I still went back for one more scan at 38 weeks just to make sure everything was ok.

Not sure what they would have done if she hadn't grown so much in the 2 weeks though, he never really told me.

Sorry I'm not much help am I?

Although I think my problem may have been caused by how little I was eating and the amount I was being sick. I must have managed to keep more food down that fortnight or something!

Thanks lovely :)
I measured ok with tummy measurments, but the scan had shown just below the bottom line. Im not going to worry too much cause I know things can change.I just hope its because its a small baby and not because of a blockage or something.
I think in extreme cases if there is a blockage they would have to induce, but hope it doesnt come to that :(
I was just suprised because they drum it into about having a big baby because of bmi and then it turns out to be small...for now at least?
I have been eating as usual, not over the top so I guess i'll have to wait and see what the tests show?
Hope you little cutie is well....firse xmas is fast approuching :)

I know, I was surprised too lol! She was only 7lbs 9oz and that was 13 days late too, not tiny but smaller than I expected for that far overdue.

Fran is much better thank you - she had a horrible sickness and diahorreoa bug last week bless her.

I'm so excited about Christmas :happydance:

Aww, bless her. Glad shes better :)

I would be more then happy with that weight, very healthy. Heres hoping!

Enjoy your xmas preparations, im already looking forward to next years xmas ha ha

Yes - definitely big enough, I'm glad she wasn't much bigger hahaha!

Hey ladies! I hope Harrison and Fran are feeling better now!

Claire - Good luck with your next apt, hope it's good news.. I'm sure you'll get a growth spurt!

As for me, We had our second scan and the little one was much more calm haha, we got to see the heartbeat.. it was amazing! He said everything looks perfect which was nice to hear :D Got my blood results back and everything is great in that department too!

Do you ladies know how many times I'll have to have my blood taken? I really hate it haha.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend xoxo

Hiya - glad your scan went well! Did you get a nice photo?

Fran is much better thank you, back to her usual cheeky self lol. We bought her some cruising shoes today - my little girl is growing up far too quickly!

I really can't remember how many times I had my blood taken - think there are 2 or 3 lots of blood tests then the twice for the gd test.

Ahhh glad the scan went well. In regards to bloods had booking in, 18 wks, GDT x2, 32 weeks . Others not norm was to test for chickenpox immunity and two seperate tests to test for anemia. I wouldn't be surprised if this was different dependent on where you live

I cant remember how many times i had bloods taken. There was one time tho that it took 20mins, 4 midwives, 1 Dr and 7 holes in my arm to find a good spot! LOL! Good job i wasnt bothered by needles, i watched the whole thing!

Harrisons still not quite right, Dr said it was a chest infection on wednesday and gave him a course of penecillin (sp?) and said he should be back to normal by friday afternoon. However, he was fine in the morning but by mid afternoon (too late to get a dr app) he was back to being moany :( if hes still no better by monday im gunna take him back :( poor boy. X

Aw poor Harrison :-(

I think Fran is having a mega growth spurt - really can't fill her at the moment. She even had a bottle at 2am and drained the lot!

Aww bless her, harrison only ever had one growth spurt that he wanted extra feeds for! And that was at 7months, never done it since! Lol.

Hey ladies! I hope Harrison and Fran are feeling better now!

Claire - Good luck with your next apt, hope it's good news.. I'm sure you'll get a growth spurt!

As for me, We had our second scan and the little one was much more calm haha, we got to see the heartbeat.. it was amazing! He said everything looks perfect which was nice to hear :D Got my blood results back and everything is great in that department too!

Do you ladies know how many times I'll have to have my blood taken? I really hate it haha.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend xoxo
Thank you, glad all is going well.
Ive had lots of blood taken :)

I was huge both pregnancys, 20st ish at beginning. Had to see dr every couple of weeks and a scan every week for both of them :( also had to be monitered through labour and was classed as high risk, in 5ft9 so don't look too bad

Hey ladies. I just came across this thread and thought that I would ask if you would mind if I joined you! I am a momma of 1 Jax Ryan and trying for another! I am about 5ft 3in and about 250lbs. Which here is 'very obese'. I am in good health and exercise regularly and have lost just under 100lbs in the past couple of years, 30 of them while pregnant with Jax. I am not looking to be on a diet or anything of the sorts and am learning to be happy with who I am. :)
Jax came to us after about a year of trying and 2mc and 2chemical pregnancies, I have some problems with my lady bits where my folicular cysts grow to unheard of sizes. I am only 22 and have been told for about 10yrs that I wouldnt have children! Well, way to prove them wrong huh? haha.
Hope you are all well!!! Can't wait to chat with you. It is so nice to know I am not alone out there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->