Any big momma's out there?

Hey ladies! Quick question, anyone experience slight pain just under their bellybutton around 7 weeks? Sometimes it dead centre, sometimes slightly to one side or the other. I'm thinking is just things stretching and growing but just wanted some of your opinions. Thanks!

Yes it's normal hun - as your uterus expands you feel stretches all over!

Hello ladies! Psychnut, that is atrocious! With all of the actual bad parenting out there, I can't believe your midwife would suggest being overweight is a parenting issue! What a stupid thing to say. I have a 2 1/2 year old and my weight issues have not been a parenting problem. She is loved & very active. She eats healthy too!

Claire, you're getting so close! I' still in my 1st, but I remember it goes so fast. There is a song lyric...why does life go by so fast and days just creep along...doesn't it really feel that way!

I know I thanked you before, bigbetty, but thank you again for all your support. I saw a nutritionist and my weight is on track for a healthy pregnancy. At my first scan the baby measured younger than we thought, so I was 7 not 8 weeks then, but we heard the heart and everything was great. I have another scan tomorrow (10 weeks), so we should see hands and feet instead of the amorphous blob last scan. No one has said a word about my weight. Not a peep. Even the nutritionist treated me like this was just the size my body has decided to settle at.

I am super nauseated from about 11 am on. I have to say though, even with the nausea I feel great and happy and full of life!

You are so welcome sweetie - glad to hear everything is going well so far xxx

Hi all :) Big mumma here BMI is 47 and im 5'9. Im pregnant with my 3rd girl and so far everything is great! All of my pregnancies have been uncomplicated which i have been very blessed.

Every other pregnancy i have seen midwives but due to being in a diff area this time i have to go to a diff hospy and i have to see an OB :( due to hospy policy GRRR!! They are treating me like I'm bound to have a stillborn or GD!!! Not once have i had GD or HBP...

Hope all you big beautiful mummas out there are doing well xoxoox

Hi Jade - welcome to the club! Glad to hear that another big momma is defying the stereotypes :flower:

It annoys me that people think that coz your big you will have problems!

Hey sweetie - we are good thanks, well poor Fran is really suffering with her tooshy pegs but is much better than she was Monday night!

How are things with you?

Hey ladies!!! I have had the busiest week or so.. Sorry I haven't been on much... Thanksgiving was last Thursday, we didn't have the traditional meal bc things got all changed up on us because of work hours for hubby.. Oh well, it was a great day anyways! I had my little brother here who is 14 and simply amazing here for the whole break :) It was wonderful! Then Friday we got a puppy! She is a Malshi (maltese and shih tzu) we named her Mia. Jax is loving her, he knows how to make her sit by saying "Sit Mia" then he says "good girl!" it is adorable!!!
I hope you are all well! I am just waiting for the end of the week to "O" then the waiting begins, hopefully those two weeks fly like these first two have! haha

Hello! I saw the link in BigBetty's weight loss journal and thought I'd introduce myself as I am a big momma and have been for a very long time. I'm 271 pounds. The most I weighed was 305 just a year ago.

My name is Simone. I'm 38. My dh, 39 and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary on January 16th. On that date as well we will be celebrating 20 years together. We have 5 awesome boys: Trent 17, Ty 15, Peyton 5, Eli 5 and Lennox 26.5 months. We hope to be trying for baby number 6 in September.

As Simone says I've started a weigh loss journal - I'm not aiming for any particular weight, I just want to feel fitter and healthier!

I will have a fiddle around with my siggy at some point and try to fit the link in lol!

Welcome Simone and good luck once again Betty x

As for me, time is ticking. I start my maternity leave on friday. Ive got quite alot of time off before, but because I have holiday to use etc its worked out really well.
Im starting to feel a bit anxious/nervous, dont know why?? Its not like I didnt know I was having a baby ha ha, just think it could finally be sinking in that im gonna be a mum and my life is going to change sooo much! Sounds selfish doesnt it?
Im super excited, but feeling so many emotions at the moment...horemones I guess? xx

Oh my goodness it's totally normal to be feeling those things sweetie! Your life changes more than you could ever imagine when baby arrives - but although it's hard it's completely wonderful :)

Claire it is very normal to feel that way! You should have seen how much of a nervous wreck I was when I was nearing the due date of number 3 and 4. It had been so long since i had a baby. Peyton and Eli are 6 days shy of being 12 years apart from my oldest, Trent, and about 3.5 months shy of being 10 years apart from my second ds, Ty. I felt like a new mom. Unsure of myself and the what ifs then started. GL to you! I know you'll be a great mom!

AFM Got up early because I know i wouldn't have time later. I have to get my 15yo up for school so he can catch the bus to school. It picks him up right out front as he is a special needs child and in a cognitive disability class. Then i got to make sure my 17yo is up for school as well. He will take the car. Then my twins need to get ready and i'll have to take them to school by 8:15. Come home get my 2 yo in the bath and head to bible class by 9:30. Ends at about 11. Then run some errands and take lunch to my dh at work. Then come home and wait for 1:15 when I have to drive my oldest to his orthodontist appt about 45 minutes away. So yep a very busy day for me!

But it feels awesome to know it's not even 7am yet and I did a workout!

L1 Day 2 complete.

I was able to do more of the jumping jacks today. Still had trouble with the jump rope exercise. I was sweating so much i had to pause it and grab a small towel. lol

Thanks ladies, i know i'll get used to the change. Its just quite daunting. Did your other halfs feel the same? x

Steve was extremely nervous before Fran arrived - and even more so when she was finally here! But he is such a natural and loves being a daddy. It just took him a while to build his confidence up :)

OMG! I think Tim was the most nervous man I have ever met in my life, he was still questioning if he could actually be a dad the day I went into labor.. haha.. He is simply amazing with Jaxson! I couldn't believe the change that happened literally in minutes after I gave birth to Jax. It was amazing! I was totally ready, I truly feel like my purpose is to be a mom and have since a very very young age so I wasn't really nervous about caring for him or anything, more about if we had everything we needed and that things would go well during delivery :) I am sure you will be fine! It is so scary yet soo exciting the emotions are just all over the last few weeks.. I might have just missed this but do you have a birth plan all done?

Aww, bless the other halfs!
Ive not really got a birth plan, im just gonna go with the flow. Im not againts epidurals, if needed get one. I think I am quite likely to get one though if I can. Im really worried about a long drawn out labour, but also worried if its super quick!! Cant win ha ha x

I didn't have a birth plan - didn't see the point, just wanted to go with the flow like you say Claire. You never know what's going to happen or what you will feel. I didn't want an epidural if I could help it but was open to the option if needed - fortunately I didn't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->