Any big momma's out there?

I didn't have a birth plan - didn't see the point, just wanted to go with the flow like you say Claire. You never know what's going to happen or what you will feel. I didn't want an epidural if I could help it but was open to the option if needed - fortunately I didn't!

Well done you :) I just dont know how im gonna be, Im not great with pain xx

I had no birth plan at all!
I know too many people who have written a birth plan and for something or another not to go to plan and ended up wth PND or extremely disapointed with their experience.

The best advice i was ever given was 'just go with the flow, your body KNOWS what it needs and when'

I did 5hours at home pacing the house, 45min car journey and 2 hours stuck on a trace machine without anything at all, not even paracetamol.
Then 2hours with gas and air (3-10cm, then pushing) not once did it even cross my mind to ask for anything stronger :shrug: i know its not the longest labour ever but it was extremely intense.

The only 'rule' i had was if i had to be seperated from my baby then either my mum or Tom had to stay with them even if it ment leaving me on my own. X

I had a shot of pethedine quite early on but it didn't really do anything. Then I had gas and air for a bit when the contractions started getting stronger but stopped when it came to pushing - that's all I had lol! Like Amber it never occured to me to have anything stronger and the thought of an epidural never crossed my mind xx

Pahahaha i say i used the gas and air during pushing but i was actually just sucking it while asleep between each push/contraction! :haha:

In fact I slept through pretty much my whole labour!! I did get off the bed at one point for a walk around but fell asleep on my feet so laid down again :haha:

I did it with a 1/4 of a dose of a sedative... it knocked me out! I slept through most everytging as well... I hadn't taken any medicine in well over a year at that point.. hubby said I looked higher than a kite! Imagine if ot was a full dose, yikes! Hahaha my labor was 12hrs and 12 min... pushing was a whole 12 min long and he literally flew out (and I paid for it with 45min of repairs on my lovely tearing). I said foem the start no epidural! I definitely was against getting one. I think ots a choice each woman makes, if you want it go for it! It just isn't for me :)
Anyways! Today is supposed to be O day for me but no signs of it happening... thinking in jan might just break down and use opk's to pin point better... idk yet though. We haven't been tracking bding this month really but ik we def didn't do it as much as last month... oh well we will see in a couple weeks :)
Hope your all well!!!

I had a brief birth plan - I didn't want pethidene as I was worried about feeling whoozy and as I font drink I thought it would panic me as I hate the wholly feeling from alcohol.

You will be fine and I think it's only natural to be worried at the moment but there is no reason to be if that makes sense.

Afm - JJ was taken to a&e Monday night with breathing difficulties and high temp of 40. They thought they might gave to admit him but luckily he started to improve. For past 4 days he's had calpol every 4ish hours in the day and if temp peaks ibuprofen with inhaler every 4 hours too :-( it was awful him being so distressed. Thought he was on the mend but now think he's got a sore throat as he's not eating so much. I too since lady night have a sore throat with high temps of 39-40. So veryhard to look after little man.

I have tried to have birth plans, but they always went out the window as soon as my due date was getting near.

With my last ds I wanted to have no meds at all, but I was so worried about Lennox that I chose to get induced early and needed an epidural because I couldn't stand the pain. They don't offer gas here. I had gotten Fifth Disease from my twins in June 2009 and had to have weekly u/s's from week 32 until I had him. It attacks an unborn baby's born marrow causing new red blood cells not to be made. So babies become severely anemic. we had 2 scares, but the next weeks they were in the normal range. I was lucky to be in the 3rd tri as they could induce and give the baby the transfusion if needed. Luckily he didn't! In the 2nd tri they stick the needle through the mom's belly button into the umbilical cord. The 1st tri babies are to small so all you can do is pray that everything works out just fine. I had never heard of it before and then finding out what could happen. I was so scared for him.

So I'm hoping that my next baby I will be able to labor at home as long as possible and do it naturally. I was in the hospital since I began labor with my oldest ds, Trent at 5 days late. Then, my 2nd ds, Ty, I was induced for because I was 12 days late. My twins I couldn't handle the pain and got induced at 36 weeks 3 days.

Oh my goodness I don't blame you for being worried! I'm glad everything turned out ok xxx

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been so MIA! Just checking in.

Hope every ones is well! I'm really good but I didn't know just how tiring being pregnant would be haha. 3 Months til I go on maternity leave and I hope it goes quick.

We have our 20 week scan on Jan 3rd, it was supposed to be boxing day but they're not open! bah humbug. So excited, we're definitely going to find out what we're having if baby co operates!
I have no idea or mothers intuition about it haha... I've compared my scan to everyone I know (all have had boys) and the going by the skull theory I guess a girl but you never know!

Did everyone guess? Anyone get it right?

xoxo

I didnt find out but by 25weeks i was convinced i was having a boy x

I knew before I even started ttc that I would have a girl. It was just a very strong gut feeling! So I wasn't really surprised when I had my 20 week scan and it was confirmed lol!

As soon as I found out I was pregnant I just knew it was girl. At my 20week scan they said they thought girl but couldn't be 100% sure sure (she was being a right little monkey!). I had a scan at 34weeks too, and they confirmed girl. EVERYONE I know said I would have a boy, but I ALWAYS knew she'd be a girl!

I thought boy initially then when I saw the ultrasound I immediately changed to girl. By the twenty week scan I just didn't know. Almost felt envious of people that just know what they are carrying.

I had no intuition at all or preference, I didnt want to find out til baby came but hubby and family wanted to know so I gave in. We almost couldn't tell because he was hiding really good, then right at the end of the ultrasound he opened his legs nice and wide and there was no denying he was a boy! It was confirmed again at 24 weeks when we had to have some more measurements done bc he was so crazy at 20 weeks :) I cried when they told me because I was so happy that he was a boy, but I really didn't care one bit if he was a boy or girl just that it was a healthy baby in there. When we get pregnant again I don't think we will find out and if we do it is only to get Jax used to a name for the baby. We will see though.

:flower:hey laddies I see that the thread was started about a yr ago I am a little late I think :haha::blush: but wanted to know if I can join the thread anyways if someone can catch me up on what we are disgusting in 2011 almost 2012 :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->