• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any Gamer Girls?

Talking to OH on the phone, he says that realms aren't exclusive to places, they just have certain ones they recommend to you based on location, since joining one from a different region may cause a little bit of lag or possible disconnection :shrug:

Yea they are not restricted so that you don't have to join them but its recommended as you also get to play with people in the same area.
The regions are split in US, EU, Asia (not sure if they are all part as one or split into China, Korea etc) and then there are sub categories under that like US Pacific or US Oceania, EU French, EU English and so on..

So if you are on US servers you can't play on EU and vice versa.

It's impossible to transfer or play across the different regions. More info on realms here
You can however buy a EU or Asian account if you wanted and play. Nothings stopping you from that :D

I play on US servers (as we lived there) but at least half in my WoW guild is European. We had a few people from the UK, some from France, Germany and Holland. They just bought the US client (which was out before the Euro one or the Asian one).
I'd think the Oceanic servers are on the US client. Also, AFAIK all the server names are basically the same between the clients (which is a bit confusing!).

Indeed. A lot of my old guildies used to play on US servers before switching over to EU.

Just trying to reinstall wow to see if I can get it to work, can someone chck for me that WOTLK is ment to only have one disk with game disk on it, im awfull at not putting disks back in the case iand lossing them :)

Just trying to reinstall wow to see if I can get it to work, can someone chck for me that WOTLK is ment to only have one disk with game disk on it, im awfull at not putting disks back in the case iand lossing them :)

Yes it is only one disk :D

i dont understand!!! hahahah :(

As far as I know when you buy either European or US etc versions of the game you will be limited to Region specific servers which tend to have the same names (Emerald dream (US) and Emerald dream (EU)) but they are completely separate servers and you cannot interact between them :(

just replied on the other thread.

i play wow too :)

Just joined the gamers group! Let me know if the WoW guild/playing is going ahead as I need to reactivate my Blizz account and perhaps patch up a bit but it should be fun!

:D

im defff up for making another char on a diff server if anyone wants to play together and stuff like that!

i dont understand!!! hahahah :(

As far as I know when you buy either European or US etc versions of the game you will be limited to Region specific servers which tend to have the same names (Emerald dream (US) and Emerald dream (EU)) but they are completely separate servers and you cannot interact between them :(

But you can change a US edition to a EU edition to play on the other servers and vis versa but you will experiance a bit of lag if your plaing in the US and use a EU server, I used to do this alot because I brought a US version but play in the UK and also used to do my own private servers.
Im only remembering this off the top of my head because im still trying to reinstall.
There should be a file within the game folder called somthing like "realmlist.wtf" if you open that up with notepad and it should give the country you are connecting to ie if it says us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com change that us to eu (or eu to us if you want to do it the other way)

Always back the file up first and when you want to play back on your original servers just change the country code back.
Then just log on with your normal account detailes

looking at the list of realms, there's a high population realm, pvp, thats called bleeding hollow :haha:

Lol really? I cant find that one, I have an EU account so I'm assuming it must be a US server? :(

EU? i didn't know it made a difference... i talk to people from Aus a lot since my main is an oceanic server... :shrug:

I noticed you're on Emerald Dream server, i see that on my list of servers? so i dont know if it makes a difference..

if you scroll to the bottom of the list then hit the up arrow twice, Bleeding Hollow should be the 4th or 5th down.

Aus have to use US or EU servers because they dont have a group of thier own thats why EU servers have players from all over europe but very few from US and the only real UK players youll find on US servers are the muppets like me that brought the wrong disk :)

well looks like i still cant play :( just reinstaled it and the patching is still saying the tracker is not responding so have no idea anymore what else to try. I miss wow :(

wish i could help but sadly i have no idea about the technical side of stuff :(

well looks like i still cant play :( just reinstaled it and the patching is still saying the tracker is not responding so have no idea anymore what else to try. I miss wow :(

Have you tried downloading the patches from other sources? We usually did as we couldn't be bothered to wait for the uberslow WoW downloader

Have you tried downloading the patches from other sources? We usually did as we couldn't be bothered to wait for the uberslow WoW downloader

Tried the mirror servers but when you instal the patches it just comes up with a new error when login in (cant remeber what that one is i havnt got that far this time :)

i used to like baldur's gate and oblivion a LOT before i had lo!!!
i've played a bit of D&D in my time, not the same i know but typically not a girls thing lol

Tried the mirror servers but when you instal the patches it just comes up with a new error when login in (cant remeber what that one is i havnt got that far this time :)

That sucks :/ If you get as far as to see the error then I can get my OH to try and help. He works as an IT senior so he know all how to fix it, especially WoW patching fail :blush:

That sucks :/ If you get as far as to see the error then I can get my OH to try and help. He works as an IT senior so he know all how to fix it, especially WoW patching fail :blush:

haha the sad thing is so is mine but hes the idiot who changed the password on the router and then forgot it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->