Any ladies starting IVF in September?

KatBar

~Lucky mumma of 2 boys + girl on the way~
Reaction score
Not sure if there is already a thread, but wanted to see if there are any ladies gearing up for IVF in September?

Looking for a bit of a support network, as I'm sure it will be a long and tiresome journey.

:flower:

Hii :wave: I created a thread "IVF #1 possibly august/September" and there are a bunch of us there who have already started ivf and getting ready to! I have my baseline scan on Monday and if all goes well I start stimming the following Friday. Do you know when your start date is?

Hi:hi:
is it your first ivf? I am due to start my second IVF / ICSI at end of September. Hoping for a better outcome than last time. Only 3 eggs retrieved and 1 fertilised. I have changed clinics for my second cycle and am feeling much more positive about things. How about you?

Hello all
I hope to be starting first cycle in September. I had the endo scratch this cycle and on a clinical trial to see the effects of vitamins on ivf so Im npot starting on this period but the next one.
Unfortunately this cycle nothings happening and I'm on day 55 so got prescribed provera to start af, it's because although my linings thick I've got a cyst on left ovary preventing it.
Just hoping it doesn't happen again otherwise the Ivf will have to be delayed :(

Anyway that's enough rambling from me!

Katbar - hope a few of us can start at the same time roughly and be there for support, it's definitely exciting and nerve racking at the same time

Beneathmywing - good luck for the scan on Monday :)

Louise31 - it's good you're feeling more positive this time around

Hi ladies :)!

Beneathmywing - I will go check that thread out, thanks :)!

Louise31 - yep, it will be the first IVF cycle for me. Sorry to hear about your last cycle :(. I have my fingers crossed (they're just permanently crossed for everyone at the moment hehe) for your second IVF cycle being more successful! Hopefully the change of clinic will bring a much better outcome!

Star25 - What bummer about the cyst preventing things! Hopefully it will have gone away by your next AF and you can start IVF with no further delay! Yes, it will be really nice if we are all aroun the same time, and can go through it all together! Really hopin it will be good news all round, but also here to pick each other up if not.

I am doing a baseline Friday, HSG in a week, and then Lupron Sept 5th. We would be stimming mid September! This is our very first IVF cycle!

Hi Kate, goodluck for scan, is it tomorrow?

Is everyone doing the Long or short protocol?

star25
Good luck with the endo scratch I will be interested to hear how you get on with it as I am going to be having that this cycle as well and it will be good to know what it involves. :hugs:

Katbar
When are you expecting to start treatment? I am waiting for AF to show and then I need to ring the clininc to request to begin!!:hugs:

Katesmithers
Good luck with your baseline and tests - I hope it all goes smoothly for you. :hugs:

I did short protocol last time and I am going to be doing short again.

Louise31, I had the endo scratch in July, it was similar to a smear test but it did have some pain for a minute or 2 ,was like intense period pain but didnt last long, she was putting whatever it was she took out in a little dish but didnt have enough so had to do it a bit more, then had mild period pain and bit of spotting for rest of afternoon

I'm doing short protocol too, gonal f and cetrotide with hcg trigger and burselin injection on day of transfer as they said this is meant to help

when does the scratch procedure happen in ivf I am unsure about it? I am sure the nurse said when I ring on day 1 it happens shortly after that. What clinic are you with - I am having my second ivf / icsi at Liverpool.

It's meant to happen on day 21 on the cycle before ivf, mine was 2 cycles before though but they said 1-2 cycles before is fine, I haven't heard of it on the actual cycle you have the ivf but every clinic is probably different
I'm at complete fertility in Southampton, cannot wait to get started :)

Hi Ladies,

AF started yesterday so Norethisterone will start on CD21. I am doing long protocol again. Wishing you all lots of luck x

Thanks for the info on the endo scratch!! Currently waiting for AF to rear its ugly head and then I can ring the clinic.
Good luck everyone xx

I'm having horrible cramps with the provera, got 4 days left of it and dreading af arriving, as we always say though it will be worth it in the end!

I'm having Endo scratch on day 22 of this cycle. This is the cycle prior to embryo transfer x

Hi ladies

We are starting our 4th cycle of IVF in Sep. Around the 8th :)
I am doing the short protocol with cetrotide as we did this last cycle and i got 7 eggs but this cycle we are halving the dose of stimms due to poor egg quality. Last time we only got 1 embie from 7 eggs. Each cycle we only get 1 embie but praying we find the 'golden egg' this cycle. I lost both tubes to ectopics in 2010 and i also have diminished ovarian reserve and egg quality issues.

Good luck to all xxx

Hi ladies

We are starting our 4th cycle of IVF in Sep. Around the 8th :)
I am doing the short protocol with cetrotide as we did this last cycle and i got 7 eggs but this cycle we are halving the dose of stimms due to poor egg quality. Last time we only got 1 embie from 7 eggs. Each cycle we only get 1 embie but praying we find the 'golden egg' this cycle. I lost both tubes to ectopics in 2010 and i also have diminished ovarian reserve and egg quality issues.

Good luck to all xxx

Good luck- I really hope this is your time. If you got more than one embie, would you put 2-3 back in? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->