Any ladies starting IVF in September?

Hi ladies

We are starting our 4th cycle of IVF in Sep. Around the 8th :)
I am doing the short protocol with cetrotide as we did this last cycle and i got 7 eggs but this cycle we are halving the dose of stimms due to poor egg quality. Last time we only got 1 embie from 7 eggs. Each cycle we only get 1 embie but praying we find the 'golden egg' this cycle. I lost both tubes to ectopics in 2010 and i also have diminished ovarian reserve and egg quality issues.

Good luck to all xxx

Good luck- I really hope this is your time. If you got more than one embie, would you put 2-3 back in? xx

Thank you ;)
If we are lucky enough to get 2 embies, we will be having both transferred. It is illegal in the UK to have 3 transferred xxx

Hope all goes well Africaqueen, I'm doing short protocol with gonal f and cetrotide too :)

AfricaQueen, HFEA allow 3 embryos to be replaced in UK. However, it's only for ladies aged 40yrs and over;

"Step 6. Embryo transfer

For women under the age of 40, one or two embryos can be transferred. If you are 40, or over, a maximum of three can be used."

I think it should also apply to women who have had a certain number of failed cycles.

We will be putting 2 back in if lucky enough. Wishing you all the best. xx

I didnt know that babydancing, I hope to be having 1 transferred, on consent form I ticked 1-2 but I know they only try to do 1 where I am, I would love twins but then I wouldnt want the risk of a multiple pregnancy but at the same time theres that higher chance of getting a bfp from having 2 transferred, id do anything for bfp though!

I didnt know that babydancing, I hope to be having 1 transferred, on consent form I ticked 1-2 but I know they only try to do 1 where I am, I would love twins but then I wouldnt want the risk of a multiple pregnancy but at the same time theres that higher chance of getting a bfp from having 2 transferred, id do anything for bfp though!

On my first cycle we only transferred one excellent grade Blastocyst. I bled early but it was likely low progesterone issues. Second cycle we put two back.

We did this because our blastocysts are frozen in vials of 2 and our clinic doesn't re-freeze. I didn't want to feel like I was throwing a potential baby away. That was the cycle we had a BFP but lost it.

We are now choosing to put two back each cycle. Everyone has different reasons, and you have to do what's right for you. Also, as you say, there are risk with multiples etc.

Good luck :flower: x

Star- Good luck to you too! when do u start simms? i should start around 9th of Sep dependent on AF arriving on time of course! lol. I much prefer the SP to the LP. x

Babydancing- Really? i never knew that. I agree if women my age with my issues are lucky enough to get 3 embies then all 3 should be transferred to give a better chance after multiple fails. Not that iv got a chance of getting 3 embies anyway! lol x

Star- Good luck to you too! when do u start simms? i should start around 9th of Sep dependent on AF arriving on time of course! lol. I much prefer the SP to the LP. x

Babydancing- Really? i never knew that. I agree if women my age with my issues are lucky enough to get 3 embies then all 3 should be transferred to give a better chance after multiple fails. Not that iv got a chance of getting 3 embies anyway! lol x

So HFEA website says lol :shrug:

I really hope you have a great cycle. Your weight loss is fantastic- I struggle with dieting x

Thank you! i really struggled with losing weight for years an its only the past 18mths i have finally managed it. I feel like a new woman! hoping the weight loss makes the diff as heard it can? xxx

Last day of bcp here and going for my baseline scan tomorrow!!!!

Good luck beneath, keep us posted,exciting :)

Babydancing,that makes sense your putting bk 2 ,I would feel the same in your position where they dont refreeze, can u still have low progesterone if your on progesterone pessaries?

Africaqueen, well done on the weight loss, I'm waiting for af end of this week then start next cycle as long as its a normal one without any cysts!

I just didn't feel like the pessaries were working on my first cycle. I had absolutely no side effects from them. When I did Gestone injections and pessaries, I had a lot more confidence that it was entering my body. Everyone responds differently x

Hi ladies!
Just an update. Well AF came yesterday which was obviously gutting, but on a positive note I rang our clinic this morning and we go in for an endo scratch and drug teach appointment on 12th September!!! So not long to go now till we begin round 2... Really looking forward to getting started though!! It makes me laugh when they tell you to use barrier methods of contraception from now on like it is suddenly going to happen after this long!!! We will of course, but seems crazy when it is highly unlikely to happen!!! Hope all is going well with everyone else. Fingers crossed for everyones cycles :happydance:

Beneath- Hope baseline scan went well? x

Louise- If you have all your 'bits' miracles can and do happen, hence the reason they tell you to use condoms ;) makes me laugh when they tell us every cycle tho, seeing as i have had both fallopian tubes completely removed! lol x

Hi to everyone else x

Not long then Louise31, we used condoms til the scratch and as im now on day 60 I never ovulated anyway, although a miracle would have been amazing!
When do you think will be starting the meds?

Was thinking what exactly is the reason why they want you to use barrier methods before the scratch because I am not actually starting stims till I have had my bleed or thats what I thought. Is it different when you are having the scratch. Sorry to be a bit clueless but wondered why we lose a cycle where we could be trying!! Even though I am sick of trying!

Sorry, haven't been on here for 3 days.. so feeling bit out of the loop haha/

I finally got our mandatory counselling session (plus the 'finance discussion' they need to have we us to let us know know the exact fee) booked in for this Thursday morning - 2 days, woohoo!

I have been told we can start with my next period, which will be due around 20th September. I don't know yet if I will have to do birth control first.. I am hoping not, but they will have to assess me first to make the decision.

Once we get this session out of the way on Thursday, and also once we get our Police Check records back (mandatory in Victoria, Australia), I can then book in to see the nurse and start to go through the plan of what my first cycle will look like.

So hopefully another week or so, and I will have a better idea of exactly what to expect.

Is the endo scratch where they remove some endometrosis? (sorry if you have already answered that).

Thats brilliant news katbar. Sounds like we might have similar start dates. The scratch is where they disturb the womb lining as it is thought that it aids implantation. Good luck with it all. How are you feeling? I am quite excited!

Good news katbar, think I'll be starting later like start Oct, well I hope so anyway depending on stupid long cycles!
Its exciting when you start to find out more like the protocol etc, I would have been starting on this af but I agreed to do a clinical trial where me and dh have vitamin smoothie drink everyday and use the oilman butter given to us by the clinic, part of the trial was they wanted a sample from
Dh and a sample from me which is why they done the scratch, also they will use an embryoscope when I get to that stage to monitor the embryos more closely and hopefully pick the best one!
Just means ive had to wait longer to start and my extra long cycle has just added to that!

Hope your all well

Beneath- Hope baseline scan went well? x

Louise- If you have all your 'bits' miracles can and do happen, hence the reason they tell you to use condoms ;) makes me laugh when they tell us every cycle tho, seeing as i have had both fallopian tubes completely removed! lol x

Hi to everyone else x

Hi love! Thanks for thinking of me :) it went well and my start date is Friday!! My injections come in tonight. I'll be doing 2 vials of menopur and 4 of bravelle and have my first scan and blood work on Sunday! It got really real yesterday and when the meds come in tonight im sure it will hit me even harder!!

Hope you girls are doing well xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->