Any one using clearblue fertility MONITOR??

Babynumber1

Mum of 1 & Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi ladies iv got something strange going on.
I brought the clearblue fertility monitor as the ovulating tests were not working for me i never had a possitive eve though iv got regular 28 day cycles.

I got my peak day today and the egg symbol and the stick you wee on to put onthe monitor has only one line.
I also tested with the clearblue ovuation tests to see and its neg acording to the instructions.

Do you think the monitor is wrong?
Or my body doesnt produce enough lh surgde for the opks?

Hi babynumber1... can I ask how many cycles you have used the monitor for?
I love my monitor, and I did get a BFP using it, in combination with temp. charting. I would suggest that you do both, and use fertility friend to temperature record. It's easier then to see exactly when you ovulate.

As for why you would get a +ve on the monitor, and not on the other one... please read this https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html#14

The monitor is more sensitive, and may pick up your surge a day before a general OPK would- hence why you would usually get 2 peak days with the CBFM.

Does this help?

Also, are you peeing on the stick or dipping in a cup of pee? Sorry to be over-graphic, but apparantly dipping is not a good idea, as the timing is crucial- i.e. you have to dip for EXACTLY the right amount of seconds for it to be accurate.

Are you always using FMU?

I hope this is your peak! good luck!

Hi thanks for answering hun.
This is my first cycle of usiing the monitor and yes i use the first morning urine.
with the clear blue monitor sticks i urinate over the sick.
With my opks i use the dip in method as they ask to.
I

SORRY dont know what happend then.
I have brought the basl thermomitor but i cant start using it half way through.
And fertility friend is expensive.

The lines on the CBFM sticks are different than on regular OPK's or HPT's. When estrogen rises when ovulation gets near, one of the line fades (the one that measures estrogen). The other line indicates a LH surge. So it's not unusual to have one line when there's a PEAK, in fact I think it should be that way.

I am using CBFM this month for first time this month but only just started and not in fertile period yet.

But just a few comments on ovulation kits - CBFM is most accurate. I was using your standard ovulation kits and they weren't showing up any fertile times and I was convinced I wasn't ovulating, based on this - but I ended up getting pregnant one month anyways! I asked the doctor how this was so and she said that surges are very hit and miss and you might test in morning with standard test, and then have your surge at lunchtime and then ovulate shortly after - it may not be picked up. That is why CBFM is better - you are testing constantly and more likely to pick up surge.

Hope this helps.

thanks girls for your answers you have made me feel much better now and at ease me and my partner have been bedding the last 6 days every day lol hope it catches my little eggy.
xx

Babynumber1 - FF is free so you don't need to pay (it's only a few add ons) and also I would recommend that you start temping now as it takes half a cycle to get into the habit and you'll still see a trend. All you need to do once you have set it up is to enter the 1st day of last AF and start temping.

did u buy it 2nd hand ? if so did u re-set it ? cos the monitor will think ur still the other owner u see,ifu bought it new then ive no idea sry x

I brought the monitor new.
And have good news today i tested and got my 2nd peak day and on the stick was 2 blue lines so i tested with cheapy ebay opks and clearlblue both possitives 2 lines yippie i am about to ovulate thank god im normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->