Any other Assisted Conception ladies cautiously pregnant and want to share the wait?!

Hi Ladies, do you mind if I join you?

My OTD was 28th and had a strong positive, I actually tested positive a week before but then didn't believe it as it was so early :haha:

I had a 5 day transfer on 14th so am exactly 5 weeks today.

It was our first round of ICSI so feel so lucky for it to have worked first time!

Hi all,

Congrats AJCash! Are you on PIO injections or some other progesterone support during these early weeks? I know that doesn't guarantee anything but it is supposed to help us IVF ladies supported.

Yes, PIO + estrace + endometrin + aspirin on top of my prenatals, synthroid, and metformin.

I am so tired of the estrace/endometrin combination. Seems like I'm changing my drawers three times a day even with liners. :blush:

Just took blood for my second beta.... just waiting for it now. I feel like it's going to be perfect as the only thing that's changed physically between monday and today is that I think I'm having early ligament pains - which is a good sign, isn't it?

Hi psalm - how was your scan today? Hope all went well seeing baby again! How many weeks are you now?

Cooch - I've found I've forgotten a lot of my first pregnancy aswell!! It was an easy natural pregnancy so I know I wasn't this terrified! I'm sure your numbers are doubling, are you going to try another digi in a few days?

Want of course you haven't bought the thread down :hugs: we are all here for support lovely. These first weeks are SO hard, especially after ivf and a bleed or any scare is just cruel really. Are you still bleeding? Try to be positive, you've seen everything that's normal for this stage, you've every chance of seeing a beautiful heartbeat at your next scan. Relax and look after yourself.

Wonderful - welcome and congrats!! I agree it all feels very surreal! Sorry to hear about your ohss, and good luck for your scan x

Zelly - hope you feel better soon, sickness during pregnancy when you can't take anything is horrible. Hope you are getting lots of rest. Good luck at your scan tomorrow.

Post to be continued... Battery dying and don't want to loose what I've typed!! X

I'm back!!

1nce - good luck for tomorrow, enjoy the scan. Sorry to hear about the nightmares, I think vivid dreams can be really common in early pregnancy. You must be tired, get as much rest as you can.

Peggy - welcome and congrats to you!! When is your first scan or appointment?

Aj - good luck for your beta, let us know when you get the number! I'd say your pains are probably stretching pains at this stage, but yes I'd say it's a good sign that your womb is growing and your body is making big changes!

Wow there's quite a few of us now, shall we get a list of names and due dates on the front page?

As for me, had my scan today and am delighted to say so far all is well. We saw one baby measuring 6+6 (a day ahead) with a lovely heartbeat. Over the moon!! Edd is 18th August but could change at 12 week scan. I just can't stop picturing the image of that tiny bean with a heartbeat. At first she said there was a second sac but later she said it was a bleed and was likely the reason for the bleed I had 2 weeks ago and that I might bleed again but if I do to go to my GP for another scan.

That's wonderful news Mrs W! So happy you could see your bean and his/her heart beating away!!!

Good news Mrs w and is lovely when u see that heart beating x

I have had 2 days of bed rest and feeling a lot better already.

I think due date on front page would be a lovely idea. Mine is looking like 8th July but will get confirmation at the scan tomorrow

Am so pleased for you MrsW - that is fantastic and must make you feel so happy - especially after the bleed you had too!

And thank you (and 1nce) for the words of support. Pretty much stopped last night thank goodness - just a little bit now mainly on wiping but brown so that is encouraging. Head is a bit screwed - bounce between feeling it is ok then being worried I am being too hopeful! I did get my HCG results which were 8,042, and although they don't mean much because I've only had one, I can't help but feel a bit of comfort knowing they are high enough to get my 3+ on that stupid CB digi!!!

Just 5 more days to get through - by next Tuesday we should see a heartbeat so please keep your fingers crossed for me!

I think putting due dates on the front page is a lovely idea. If everyone wants to add as they get them I will update in a few days if ok.

Hello to Peggy as well - am so pleased this group is growing and there are more of us we can share with! IVF is such a journey in itself, I didn't even think ahead to the wait for viability scan!

Thought it might also be nice if we just shared some info on our journeys to date?

Type (IVF/IUI): IVF
Number of cycles: first time
Eggs Collected:13
Day of Transfer: 5
Eggs Transferred: 1 (only 1 made it that far)

I haven't done IUI so I'm very sorry but not sure what is involved. Am sure someone in the know can edit appropriately!

Just changed the name as well to make it a bit more inclusive for any assisted conception ladies as I'm sure we are all going through the same x

I never did medicated cycles or IUI - skipped straight to IVF because of combined m/f infertility.

This was my first cycle. I stimmed for seven days, laid twelve eggs of which eight were mature. Five fertilized with ICSI (well, all eight were, but only five took). Three made it to day five, so I put one back and the other two were frozen on day seven.

This was my first round IVF
Didn't try anything before
4 eggs collected
2 made it to 5 day
1 transferred and 1 frozen
BFP 10dp5dt (Halloween)

Type (IVF/IUI): Menopur/Ovidrel & timed intercourse. No male factor infertility so they said IUI wouldn't increase odds really.
Number of cycles: altogether? 16 months worth. Medicated? 2 failed clomid cycles. And 2 Menopur/Ovidrel monitored cycles.
Eggs Collected: n/a but 2 probably ovulated, possibly more eek.
Day of Transfer: n/a
Eggs Transferred: n/a

Just wanting to wish 1nce and Zelly all the best for your scans today x

Thank you. Less than 2 hours now. I'm so nervous I could puke. Plus I am having more brown spotting today :(. I guess I'll know one way or another in a little while.

1nce - wishing you all the best. Let us know how it goes once you can. :hugs:

Zelly - hope all has gone well at your scan today. We saw our OB today and she is sending us for the "12 week" scan next week (we will be just shy of 12 weeks) and we will also get genetic testing, which I want to be sure of how the baby is developing.

Want - glad that your beta was a good number, but as you say, its a little useless without another number to show that the doubling is happening properly. Countdown is on to Tuesday!

Mrs W - so happy for you! Congrats on the great scan and hearing the heartbeat. It really is the most wonderful feeling to hear your own baby. I could listen to it all day long.

Welcome Peggy! What's next for you? The viability scan? How long do you have to wait for that?

Hi to everyone else and wishing you all a very happy New Year!

AFM - the scan went well yesterday. Baby was measuring 10w4d, which is 1 day behind (ish) but at this stage a mm can make a difference. We had another strong heartbeat - 172bpm - so very pleased. The IVF dr has now reduced my Cyclogest to twice a day from 3 times a day and I am to continue with baby aspirin till about 35 weeks. I am also still having intralipids at just over 12 weeks, then 16 and 20 weeks. Anything to keep this baby! We also met our OB today and she was pretty good. We saw some terrible reviews online about her, but I think that can be true of any Dr. and the people who write on these reviews tend to be people with an axe to grind! So I always take them with a pinch of salt.

A little of my story:

Number of cycles: 3rd IVF with ICSI
Eggs Collected: 12
Embryos Transferred: 2 (pregnant with 1)

Hi ladies. Scan went well today. Baby wasn't moving much and not facing right way so she got me to move about and he/she moved and was perfect and then would not stop moving lol....

How is everyone? 1nceUponATime how did you get on?

Hi all,

Zelly glad your scan went well, did you get some nice pics of baby? How are you feeling these days? Any little bump yet?

1nce thinking of you and hoping your scan showed a lovely baby today! Update when you can x

Psalm - glad your scan went well too! Glad you liked your Dr, such a personal thing and as long as you felt comfortable that's the main thing. How about you, how are you feeling? Bump growing yet?

Hi to everyone else too!

Afm... Feeling shattered and sick but happy!!

Number of cycles: third cycle
Eggs Collected:7
Eggs Transferred: 2 (no frosties)

Mrs W, we did indeed, going to get a nice photo frame to put the best one in. I'm feeling fine, I've been really lucky and not had any sickness or any real symptoms apart from tiredness and peeing a lot esp at night (3 to 4 times I get up). I have a little bump but that's from eating too much, I have put nearly a stone on since before I was pregnant which is not good at all.

Bet you can't wait for ur scan now. Hope you feel better xx

Here is my bean! Heartbeat was 138bpm! Sorry we had such a busy day after!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 8
Hey ladies,

Congratulations!!! Im a bit further down with my second ivf baby but Im praying all goes well for you

Hi Ladies I am in the same boat,it seems some of our dates are very close I had 5dt on 16/12/15 & bfp on 23/12/15 (two days early!) I've been in hospital though with severe ohss,on clexaine n hoping to feel normally pregnant soon!!!! Have a early scan mon,just to check ovaries and ensure baby is where it should be as they couldn't see anything on a earlier scan due to it being to early but beta hcg levels have gone up up up so hoping to see something this time.....at mo just feels so unreal n am researching everything! Good luck to u all xxx anyone else suffering ohss?

Because of lab delays and the holiday, I'm not going to get my second beta results until Saturday at the earliest even though I did the test yesterday.

I went out and bought another digital pregnancy test that shows the weeks and took it to see if it was at least going in the right direction, and it is, so that's good enough for me. For now.

Glad everyone's scans went well, I bet it makes it feel a bit more real :flower:

Not sure when mine will be as my clinic has been closed over Christmas, so got to phone them on Monday to tell them about my bfp, then I'll have to get some more progesterone pessaries and hopefully they will book my scan, I think they do it about 8 weeks.

My journey is:

Type: IVF with ICSI
Number of Cycles: 1
Eggs Collected: 18 (14 mature)
Day of Transfer:5
Number Transferred: 1 (5 frozen)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members