Any Other December Babies?

Good morning bump buddies!! :wave:
How is everyone doing today? Ive recovered from after the "witch doctor" incident yesterday! lol :haha:

As for the opks being positive, I looked up why it happens, and this was the best explaination I could find! Very interesting :thumbup:

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html
yeah that's where I got the idea from. I also have a stock of HPTs so I'm working on a line progression with them. May aswell, right? :lol:

Well the doctors was ok. Didn't need to see doctor, just booked me in to see the midwife 22nd April. Starting to feel real all of a sudden...!

Good morning ladies!!! I was at the doctor this morning. He is very happy with everything. He dated me @ 5 weeks using the LMP calculation and due date @ 12 December. WE saw the gestational sac on a normal ultrasound. He has put me on extra progesterone. He was a little worried about my AF type cramps and said rather to be safe than sorry. I need to see him in 4 weeks time again..... SOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!

How did everyone elses appointments go?

I haven't even requested an appointment yet; we don't get one until 10 weeks anyway. 6 weeks to go... :rofl:

Glad your appointment went well and that you got to see everything :)

Sorry, I haven't quite caught up with the thread yet, I will do, but just wanted to have a moan!

Went in to see the GP Monday, the originally booked my appointment for 25th April, but when I explained I'm classed as high risk because of previos MC and having a cycle of IVF, they got me in straight away.

I didn't see my usual GP (who I'm practically on first name terms with) and has been through the past 12 years of TTC with me, every step of the way. I saw some locum doctor, who of course doesn't know my history. I was excited to tell her, but forgot it wouldn't be my usual GP and just got a 'oh nice' when I explained I had my BFP!
She wouldn't refer me to EPU until 6 weeks for a scan, - as theres's nothing they can do even if something is wrong this early - I almost gave her a slap for that! I asked just for some reassurance and she wouldn't even check my HCG for me over a few days. Just told me to book in with the MW at 9 weeks!!

So I went and spoke to the receptionist, who is AMAZING! She got me in with the MW next Thursday and hopefully the MW will refer me to EPU then, although, I will be almost 6 weeks then anyway!

I have found a company locally, who will do private scans from 7 weeks for £99, so I am booking one if I have resisitance from the MW as well.

Thanks for listening ladies, sorry to be a moan bag!!

I'm sorry; it must be a huge stress when you've had a loss in the past. I'm glad they're going to see you early, and good for you getting a scan. Hopefully it will put your mind at ease to see everything's coming along as it should be. Just got to bide your time before the appointment now :coffee: x

12 years is SUCH a long time to be TTC - I'm so glad you got your BFP at long last. I hope this pregnancy is smooth for you.

Hey!

Just wanted you all to know I started a thread where we can track our due dates and baby genders, as well as chat about pregnancy symptoms, doctors appointments, other concerns or questions.

Hope to see you all in there! =)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/1815625-little-presents-due-december-2013-a.html

helllooo!

Congrats on a great appointment Dynamicmae. That is really exciting. My first appointment isn't until the 18th.. it's really hard for me to wait until then. I can't imagine waiting until 10 weeks Lara! You are strong!

After having a miscarriage in November... the first trimester is very scary for me. I am trying my best not to freak.. but I kinda am sometimes. I just had a question. Sometimes my nausea and stuff isn't that intense. It is sometimes... like I woke up this morning at 2 and felt absolutely terrible. I was able to get back to sleep and when I woke up this morning I felt a little bad but then it went away. My boobs also aren't as sore this time. They are more sore with tingly feelings occasionally but then it goes away. I am exhausted so I take that as a good thing... I have been peeing more often...but then of course I have some light cramping and pinching and I get so nervous.

Is all of this normal? Do symptoms kind of come in waves? I am probably about 5 weeks pregnant. Thank you!

helllooo!

Congrats on a great appointment Dynamicmae. That is really exciting. My first appointment isn't until the 18th.. it's really hard for me to wait until then. I can't imagine waiting until 10 weeks Lara! You are strong!

After having a miscarriage in November... the first trimester is very scary for me. I am trying my best not to freak.. but I kinda am sometimes. I just had a question. Sometimes my nausea and stuff isn't that intense. It is sometimes... like I woke up this morning at 2 and felt absolutely terrible. I was able to get back to sleep and when I woke up this morning I felt a little bad but then it went away. My boobs also aren't as sore this time. They are more sore with tingly feelings occasionally but then it goes away. I am exhausted so I take that as a good thing... I have been peeing more often...but then of course I have some light cramping and pinching and I get so nervous.

Is all of this normal? Do symptoms kind of come in waves? I am probably about 5 weeks pregnant. Thank you!
i don't really have any choice; it's standard to wait that long and I can't afford an early scan :dohh: in the meantime though I can get an idea of what MY baby is doing by looking at your pics etc, so it's not all bad :) symptoms do come in waves though, yes. You'll find you have a good day without any symptoms and you worry yourself sick that something's wrong, but it's perfectly normal. Many women find the symptoms come during hormonal changes or chemical spikes in the body, but many women aren't sensitive to them so don't get morning sickness etc. it's down to the individual, as well as the pregnancy. I usually get migraines whenever my hormones are chaotic, so I'm usually pretty sick until the placenta takes over (when things start to calm down a bit for most women)

Ah I see, I'm sorry I didn't know. I am really sorry you don't have a choice.

Okay good. Thank you. I appreciate that. Hey it looks like we've got the same due date! I haven't been to the doctor yet but I think I ovulated around the 24th of March so I am going by that.. which according to the calculator I used the due date is December 15th! So I am actually more like 4 weeks pregnant. That's awesome, congratulations!

Well, I went for betas this morning. SO this is the start of a lonnnggg day. I can see the results online in about 4-5 hours so I can't wait!! I am so scared that even though we saw a sac, my numbers are not going to be right. Please keep me in your prayers!

Nausea was horrible yesterday, but so far not much today. I just can't drink my decaf. I finally quit regular coffee almost 2 months ago so I could drink decaf. Well, it is either the decaf or the milk that I can't take. :( I am going to miss my coffee. :cry:

I have been getting brown spotting, tugs and pullings for several days and today I don't feel any of that .. Just some brown discharge .. My betas were good when I checked few days back .. But I am kind of worried I don't feel anything today .. Can't wait to have my scan done after few more days .. It's gonna be a long wait

Okay good. Thank you. I appreciate that. Hey it looks like we've got the same due date! I haven't been to the doctor yet but I think I ovulated around the 24th of March so I am going by that.. which according to the calculator I used the due date is December 15th! So I am actually more like 4 weeks pregnant. That's awesome, congratulations!
thats okay, it's the way things are done here; and in the UK, which is where I'm from originally. This is my third pregnancy so I'm used to it now. If it was important enough I'd find the money for an early scan, but I'm okay with waiting... aside from being impatient :lol:

I ovulated on 23rd April. If I go by my LMP I'd be due sooner, but I was charting and I know I ovulated late. I just hope I'm not in hospital over Christmas :)

Hi ladies I have a question! I was cleaning house this morning and our wooden table bench fell on my foot! I can't walk on it and its purple and swollen. I have a call in to my ob and am waiting to hear back but does anyone know how safe it is to get an x ray while pregnant? Also I haven't taken anything for the pain bc I'm afraid of taking any medicine while pregnant.

I broke my ankle when I was 36 weeks pregnant. The radiologist just made sure he covered my stomach really good. You can take Tylenol or paracetamol for pain. They are both the same just different names depending on where you are.

Hope your foot isn't broken and it gets better soon! :hugs:

Yeah I think they're okay, but in emergency only. You shouldn't have it if you can avoid it, but I'd assume this would be one of those situations. I think they can put a lead apron on you thought and that should deflect the radiation. I think it's lead...

Hi rayraykay,

I also ovulated on the 24th march and am due on the 15th, bump buddies :hugs: like you though I am so anxious, due to a previous ectopic and a chemical pregnancy in feb after my surgery, so nervous.. Ill be going for a scan on the 19th, to check its in the right place. As for symptoms only sore boobs (sometimes) like you the symptoms come and go, I've felt a little sickie sometimes in the night before bed but nothing really worth mentioning....

Hi ladies,

so I am 5w 2d today and very snappy! I am waiting for hubby to come home as to which he'll be warned, "If there's anything not done right, save it for tomorrow. I have things to do, let me get on and I shall talk to you later!' That's the plan! My two older children (7+6) haven't been on their best behaviour today - we'll call it that! I really want a glass of wine to chill out but I can't! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

lol rant over!

Brit - you should be fine as it's your foot and not higher! I broke my foot in 2 places and my toes in 1st pregnancy, dislocated my knee in 2nd! Both while exercising! I keep telling people it's not good for you! lol

hi ladies! hope you've had a better day than me! GRrrrr :growlmad::growlmad:

i am going to get on with -
:iron::iron::laundry::laundry::dishes: to chill out!!!

TC

Good morning bump buddies!! :wave:
How is everyone doing today? Ive recovered from after the "witch doctor" incident yesterday! lol :haha:

As for the opks being positive, I looked up why it happens, and this was the best explaination I could find! Very interesting :thumbup:

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html
yeah that's where I got the idea from. I also have a stock of HPTs so I'm working on a line progression with them. May aswell, right? :lol:

Im all about the line progression! lol. I only have 1 hpt left though and its a digi, but I have a tone of opks so i might use them up (or save them for next time!)

So for any of you who read my rant yesterday about my doctor, a good nights sleep did the world of good. We will be putting in a complaint with the medical council here in Ireland (the governing body for doctors) and will be notifying the clinic she works in also incase she tries to keep it quiet.
People like her get away with these things because people are afraid to stand up for themselves.

Ive had very little symptoms today. I was doing college work all day, and around 4pm i suddenly felt exhausted...so i took a nap! teehee :haha:
what baby wants baby gets :haha:

p.s....welcome and congrats to the new girls!! :hugs:

Yay Nicky!!! That's so awesome! And thank you for telling me that... It's gonna be a loooong 7 days before my appointment. Did you know it was an ectopic? Was it obvious?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->