Any Other December Babies?

Looks like we're going to have to tell the ILs this weekend. We're moving house in early May, but we have an of-site storage container, which we will start to empty on Monday. they will probably help us, but how can I avoid lifting heavy things when they don't know I'm pregnant? There's furniture in there, which my husband can't do by himself (he can lift it, but we have 80 uneven steps from street level to the front door, so he can't get it down the steps by himself.

Ugh. I don't mind telling them, but I wanted to wait a few more weeks, and I know for a fact that as soon as we tell them, everyone else on this side of the family will know.

Any cute ideas on how we can tell them? We have two girls already; aged 3y and 15m; perhaps there's a way we can use them to tell the ILs?

You could get a photo of your 3 yr old kissing your tummy then get her to give you ILS the photo and see if they guess!

AFM I took my last clearblue digital this morning and got a beautiful Pregnant 3+!!!! It's made me so happy as means my levels are going in the right direction! I've got a drs appointment next week and am going to ask for a dating scan and for a bit of reassurance due to what happened last time.

That's a sweet idea; although my belly's horrible after two pregnancies :haha:

A scan would be good; especially if you've had a loss. It would help put your mind at ease. I got my BFP on 4th, and CB Digi said 1-2 (and it had to think for AGES about it, so I think it was a weak positive). I have another one but I'm going to wait until next week I think.

- - -

I took a FRER this morning and the second line was SO dark :happydance: I only bought it because I keep one HPT from each pregnancy (as a memento), but I got my BFP this time around with a digital (battery now dead), a blue dye (ink has evaporated) and an IC (I like to keep midstreams) :dohh:

Attachments

• DSCF5149.jpg
    DSCF5149.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 5
Blegh!

So according to FF, I am actually only 4+1 today, not 5 weeks!
I had some weird messed up ovulation, I had positives for 5 days and I was always led to believe you should go from your first positive OPK, but FF has but the dotted red line on the last day of OPKs!
That may explain why my tests were actually quite feint, although 100% positive, as I was only testing at 8/9/10dpo!

As for symptoms, I have still been having lots of cramping and pulling, and two nights ago, I actully felt like something was wrong, put my feet up for a while, then an hour later it was like I had a hormone kick! I had to take my bra off (hadn't had any symptoms really until then) they are on and off sore now. Nausea was crap yesterday, not so bad today, made hubby get out of bed on his day off yesterday at 7am to make me a corned beef and pickle sandwich. :sick:

I think I might be the only person here who is enjoying not having any symptoms :haha: Only because my second pregnancy was so horrible, from 4w0d I felt like crap, and TBH only a couple of months ago I started to feel like my old self again. I'm just glad I'm having an easy time so far (touch wood)

Oh and has anybody else taken more pregnancy tests? I had extras and I found myself taking another today just so I could make sure I was still pregnant. :winkwink: I was so worried that AF was going to show up yesterday or today but she didn't :happydance: I think I'm still in shock!!
I had a stack of ICs so I've been using them each day since I got my BFP - I posted the line progression in the HPT gallery in the TTC section yesterday. I have about 5 tests left, so I might test in a week or ro just to find the "hook effect" that everyone talks about.

Mine are the same brand. I did it 5 days ago. :(
Is is possible you didn't dip it long enough? I use One Step OPKs and I dip them for about 18 seconds :shrug: I don't know much about positive OPKs in pregnancy though; perhaps they wear off at some point and become negative again? I know HPTs do that, and it's called the "hook effect" - it might be that?

What's the hook effect???

I think I might be the only person here who is enjoying not having any symptoms :haha: Only because my second pregnancy was so horrible, from 4w0d I felt like crap, and TBH only a couple of months ago I started to feel like my old self again. I'm just glad I'm having an easy time so far (touch wood)

Oh and has anybody else taken more pregnancy tests? I had extras and I found myself taking another today just so I could make sure I was still pregnant. :winkwink: I was so worried that AF was going to show up yesterday or today but she didn't :happydance: I think I'm still in shock!!
I had a stack of ICs so I've been using them each day since I got my BFP - I posted the line progression in the HPT gallery in the TTC section yesterday. I have about 5 tests left, so I might test in a week or ro just to find the "hook effect" that everyone talks about.

Mine are the same brand. I did it 5 days ago. :(
Is is possible you didn't dip it long enough? I use One Step OPKs and I dip them for about 18 seconds :shrug: I don't know much about positive OPKs in pregnancy though; perhaps they wear off at some point and become negative again? I know HPTs do that, and it's called the "hook effect" - it might be that?

Maybe I didn't hold it long enough. I am going to wait a while to do another one today with a longer hold. I agree with Nicky, what is the hook effect?

When you're very early on in your pregnancy you have to test with first morning's urine (FMU). That's because after a long hold, the urine is more concentrated, so the HCG is too, and it's easier for a positive to show on a HPT. As the pregnancy goes on, your HCG levels increase, so at some point you no longer need to use FMU, because the quantity in a 2hr hold (for example) will be enough to get that positive on a HPT.

At a certain point in the pregnancy the HCG levels become too much to register on a HPT, so it might show as negative; or the line might be fainter. if this happens, it might be worth diluting your urine (with water), or drinking lots and then testing with the urine after less of a hold. If the urine is diluted, it should then come up with strong lines again.

I'm not sure when you can expect to see the hook effect, and I dont know if it happens with everyone, or with every brand of HPT. But it might be a reason why second lines fade when they should get darker.

I just did another opk and I didn't hold my pee at all and it was really diluted. I dipped for 5 seconds and the test line came up bf the control. So I don't think it makes a difference if you hold your pee at this point I think it just depends on the person and some people don't get pos ones while preg so no worries galvan! An hpt is much more accurate anyway! Wish I had some more of those...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 9
Here's an article I found on it to hopefully ease your mind as well

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

I hope so because I did have a positive OPK last week. I hope my baby is in there and doing good. I pray we see a lil bean tomorrow! I just read about the edge turnign dark. Well, the left edge is as dark as the control!! :happydance:

If the edge is as dark as the control that's a positive! I've had that happen with the wondfos and I did ovulate. Good luck at your scan tomorrow!

Starry how is the modified bed rest going? I can't imagine trying to take it easy with one toddler much less two!

How is everyone else doing? I had a couple of slight queasy moments today but nothing like what some of you other ladies have had to deal with. Has anyone gained any weight yet? With dd I gained 6 lbs by 6 weeks :cry: so far I've lost a pound with this one.

Sorry starry I just realized you just have one son! Still they are hard to keep up with!

I feel relatively normal today.... As if I wouldn't know I was pregnant. I did another hcg test this morning and it was beaming :happydance: just have to keep checking every now and again so I know it's real!!!!

Really fancied chips, sausage and curry sauce from the chippy tonight :dohh: I couldn't resist!!! (Not sure if that's just a British thing.....so you might not know what I mean by a chippie???) I'm getting married a year this May, good timing I know.... So I'm trying my hardest to eat sensibly as I need to fit into my dress which I've already ordered, ha! I think that will be fun!!!!

I only weighed myself earlier this week, so no gain from then. I gained 10lb since I weighed a few months ago though, so I'm feeling fat already :( don't want to gain too much; I gained 5st (70lbs) including baby and waters in my first pregnancy, and gained 1st (14lbs) including baby and waters in my second. Hoping this pregnancy is like my last in that respect; I am about 30lb overweight so I don't need to be gaining anymore than i have to right now. Still no symptoms, which is great. I had slight nausea after my dinner, but it only lasted about 5mins so I don't count that.

What is a chippy? Definitely not a term we use here in Kansas ha. I'm trying to eat a lot healthier this pregnancy too I gained 40 lbs with dd and she was born a month early lol.

Lara how did you only gain 14 lbs in your last pregnancy?! I hope to only gain around 25.

I only weighed myself earlier this week, so no gain from then. I gained 10lb since I weighed a few months ago though, so I'm feeling fat already :( don't want to gain too much; I gained 5st (70lbs) including baby and waters in my first pregnancy, and gained 1st (14lbs) including baby and waters in my second. Hoping this pregnancy is like my last in that respect; I am about 30lb overweight so I don't need to be gaining anymore than i have to right now. Still no symptoms, which is great. I had slight nausea after my dinner, but it only lasted about 5mins so I don't count that.

I'd love to only gain 14ibs... What's your secret??

No secret really, I just craved fruit so that's what I ate. Once she was born i was only 3lb heavier than my pre-preg weight... though i still had the weight from my first pg to lose. i still havent lost it.

My first pregnancy I craved junk and ate it. This time, even if I crave junk I'm going to be careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->