Any Other December Babies?

Checking in ladies. Been so sick the past week or so (a good sign). First scan Monday and I should be right at 9a weeks :)

My first appointment with the midwife is the 31st May, I'll be 12 weeks then though? They won't have booked a scan at the hospital prior to that would they? I'm thinking its too late an appointment but then I can only bring it forward by a week anyway due to work which I doubt will make a difference. Does this matter? I just don't want to be waiting longer than needed for my scan as tests will need to be done at 12 weeks.

My first appointment with the midwife is the 31st May, I'll be 12 weeks then though? They won't have booked a scan at the hospital prior to that would they? I'm thinking its too late an appointment but then I can only bring it forward by a week anyway due to work which I doubt will make a difference. Does this matter? I just don't want to be waiting longer than needed for my scan as tests will need to be done at 12 weeks.
We share the same due date :thumbup:

I'd question it TBH. with my first pregnancy I was in the UK, and the midwife saw me at 10 weeks, and on that day she gave me an appointment for a 12 week scan - but it's different with every hospital and depends on availability. But perhaps they recorded your due date wrong; might be worth asking about it.

Also where have you been told to go for your appointment? I saw the midwife at my local GP surgery, but went to hospital for the scan. They don't usually do scans the same time as the booking in appointment, and I highly doubt they'd do a scan at a GP surgery; they only do them at hospitals as far as I'm aware.

We share the same due date :thumbup:

I'd question it TBH. with my first pregnancy I was in the UK, and the midwife saw me at 10 weeks, and on that day she gave me an appointment for a 12 week scan - but it's different with every hospital and depends on availability. But perhaps they recorded your due date wrong; might be worth asking about it.

Also where have you been told to go for your appointment? I saw the midwife at my local GP surgery, but went to hospital for the scan. They don't usually do scans the same time as the booking in appointment, and I highly doubt they'd do a scan at a GP surgery; they only do them at hospitals as far as I'm aware.

Oh no, I know that. I just mean if that's my booking in appointment, which it is, they then sort out the scan but I doubt she would be able to book one with only a week notice, they'd all be full at the hospital by then I'm sure.

Even if I ring up I can only bring the appointment forward by a week anyway as I'm on a driving course for a month. It was originally booked for the 8th which would make more sense but they changed it.

Dh is being so loving again he better stay like that

With my first I had a scan (10+5 instead of 12) before I saw a midwife but they sent both letters together.
Last time midwife at 8wks, scan at 12, think it was booked by midwife, can't remember.
This time my midwife is at 9+3 and they book the scan from there.
The 12 week scan can be done up to 14 or 15 weeks to the same level of accuracy on the tests. I know it's annoying when you want reassurance your bub is ok though.

Ps I'm 6 weeks today, due 12 dec ish although might have planned section before that.

Hi everyone,

I've just returned from my scan, as its in the right place this time we saw the yolk sac and a beating heartbeat, so happy after everything we've been through that were finally at this point. Measuring spot on 5w 5d, and going back on the 13th may or another scan. Will upload a pic soon :happydance:

Wow Nicky you saw a beating heart? Lucky girl. Congrats!

That makes me nervous for me tho... I saw my doctor yesterday.. She says im about 5- 5 1/2 weeks along. Saw the yolk sac but no beating heart :( going back on may 2nd and still really nervous.

Wow Nicky you saw a beating heart? Lucky girl. Congrats!

That makes me nervous for me tho... I saw my doctor yesterday.. She says im about 5- 5 1/2 weeks along. Saw the yolk sac but no beating heart :( going back on may 2nd and still really nervous.

Thank you :) I had an internal scan though? Which one did u have? She did an abdominal scan first and you could see the yolk sac but no heartbeat but as soon as she did the internal you could see it straight way...

Ray ray I was 5 wks 3 days and didn't see a hb yet. My dr wasn't worried bc everything is measuring on track. He said normal time to see hb is 6 weeks but some see it a day or 2 sooner if implantation occurred sooner like day 6 or 7.

Awesome for Nicky and diamond love to see their heartbeats so early though!

She did both

Literally I was LUCKY to see it so early, and bear in mind that 1 day can make a whole lot of difference, look at Brit they gave her the option of coming back a day later to see the heart beat, so much can change in one day, big :hugs:, everything will be fine...

I'm in the same boat. I saw the doctor yesterday, internal scan, and I'm supposed to be exactly 6 weeks. They saw only a yolk sac, what might possibly be a baby but they weren't sure, and obviously no heartbeat. The doctor is the same as with my miscarriage pregnancy, so he knew I was scared, but he said to not get discouraged because this is often what you see at such an early scan. I go back in two weeks to hopefully see a little 8 week old baby with a strong heartbeat.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. Those early scans are really scary but since I've had a loss my doctor and I wanted to make sure everything is off to a good start. And it is. I have to remember that. She scheduled me for May 2nd to come back and I should be around 7 weeks. I am so hoping we will see a little peanut and a heart flicker. I can only imagine in my most beautiful dreams how that must feel. Thanks for the support ladies and congrats again Nicky :hugs:

I've never seen a heart beat before 6 1/2 weeks. I've heard mixed opinions on if you should be able to see a heart beat or not before then. With my last pregnancy my doctor told me I was having a blighted ovum because I didn't see one at that point but my baby did make it's appearance at the next scan with a heart beat. Unfortunately, my baby was not healthy and didn't make it in the end. But I doubt it had anything to do with not showing up on the first scan. So many girls on this site have had a late-showing baby and went on to have a healthy pregnancy.

Well, I can feel the nausea creeping in so it must be lunch time. The morning is when I feel the best....go figure.

I've never seen a heart beat before 6 1/2 weeks. I've heard mixed opinions on if you should be able to see a heart beat or not before then. With my last pregnancy my doctor told me I was having a blighted ovum because I didn't see one at that point but my baby did make it's appearance at the next scan with a heart beat. Unfortunately, my baby was not healthy and didn't make it in the end. But I doubt it had anything to do with not showing up on the first scan. So many girls on this site have had a late-showing baby and went on to have a healthy pregnancy.

Well, I can feel the nausea creeping in so it must be lunch time. The morning is when I feel the best....go figure.

There was definitely no doubting whether there was a heart beat it was as plain as day! The radiographer didnt even need to point it out, so yes you are definitely able to see it before 61/2 weeks!

There was definitely no doubting whether there was a heart beat it was as plain as day! The radiographer didnt even need to point it out, so yes you are definitely able to see it before 61/2 weeks!

Oh, I wasn't arguing with you. I'm just talking about my own personal experience. :flower: Lots of girls here have seen one early but also just pointing out that sometimes it happens later and it turns out fine (ie. my son).

Oh, I wasn't arguing with you. I'm just talking about my own personal experience. :flower: Lots of girls here have seen one early but also just pointing out that sometimes it happens later and it turns out fine (ie. my son).

Yeah everyone's different I suppose, it must depend on so many different factors...I was just lucky to have seen it, and can't wait for everyone else to have their follow up scans and see theirs :happydance:

Everyone is different. I was just hoping because of the loss I experienced and because I've been having some cramping and stuff... It's really anxiety provoking for me. Bllahhhh!! I just wish I was like... 15 weeks already :(

I know how you feel ray ray Kay. I can't wait until I'm farther along and not as worried! I just have to trust my dr that everything is going as it should be. Did your dr reassure you that everything seemed on track or was he concerned about not seeing a hb?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->