Any other October mummies?

So what are everyone's Holiday plans this winter? I know it's a bit early, but since we will all have newborns during Thanksgiving & Christmas - and Flu season :( how are you planning on handling visitors and traveling, etc?

DH and I will be most likely spending Christmas with his parents this year so will be taking the 45 minute drive out to their house. Live in Denmark so Thanksgiving isn't celebrated here.

Anyone that wants to see baby before that will have to wait at least 2 weeks from the day baby comes and on, I want DH and I (plus our cat:haha:) to have time for ourselves with baby at first. Anyone who has a problem with that will just be ignored and allowed to deal with it themselves.

mommies that will be using your cot/crib from previous kids why is it so important to buy a new mattress? Scotlynn hardly slept in her cot and probably only slept 5 nights in it and some days during the day as we co-slept with her but seeing that my new baby is coming when we have summer and I think we going to have a hot one I was thinking of letting her sleep in the cot from the start ...

I've heard this as well but don't remember the reason. I've just tried Googling and found this on a website:

“Do not reuse a crib mattress unless it is made of all organic materials,” advises Jessica Lahner, Ph.D., owner of Jax in the Box, an online store dedicated to selling gently used toys and kid gear. “Research suggests that off-gassing from synthetic materials is correlated with SIDS, and the older the mattress, the higher the risk.”

Also found this article that gives some other reasons: https://www.livestrong.com/article/1003467-safe-reuse-crib-mattress/

thanks Kat I guess a new mattress is going to have to be added on my list of stuff to still get LOL

We have no Christmas lunch plans yet the last 2 years we spent it with my in-laws and last year DH suggested we spend time with my aunt (mom's sister) and her family ... my parents are deceased and my brothers and sisters are more like strangers than family to me ... will see though as my sister has been making much more contact with me ... all I can pray for is unity in my family ...

Wish4baby: We won't have visitors over I think. Here we have 2 days of Christmas, so the first day we'll go visit my grandfather and all of my family will be there (25-30 people). Three other babies will be there, so that should be fun.
The second day my SO wants to go visit his mom, but I'm not so sure. She has big two dogs that jump and scratch everything and aren't raised very well. Sitting down or standing up, the dogs would definitely continuously try to jump towards the baby and scratch him.

We don't have Thanksgiving here, so no worries there :haha:

For Thanksgiving we go to my in laws. For Christmas we have people over. I'm not doing a bunch of traveling with a newborn. As for visitors, I really don't want any bc my dh will be working 72hrs a week and I'm going to be a zombie. If people take issue with it too bad.

I never heard about not reusing the mattress (which we had planned on doing). Looks like we'll have to get another.

We are making Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner this year so people will be coming to our house. I'm really happy about that too because I'm a much better cook than mother-in-law :haha:.

Haven't thought too much about Christmas but I know I don't want to cook for everyone and tidy up with 2 newborns and DS. All my family live no further than 2 hours away so traveling won't be too bad. Just need to spread our time between everyone!

Getting there with the tiredness. But funny enough going to the gym is helping keep my energy up. It's just getting there that is key ha. I skipped today - gotta try for tomorrow now.

Also need an iron supplement according to the midwife which I keep forgetting to pick up! So going to do that tonight before picking up my kids from their dads.

Okay, entered 3rd tri today.. due Oct 18th here.. a big HI :hi: to you ladies :)
I'm being hit with 1st tri tiredness now.. i can't wait to be done with work and go on maternity!
I also bought my first cloth diaper yesterday.. planning to give it a try.. anyone here planning to or already cloth diapering?

Okay, entered 3rd tri today.. due Oct 18th here.. a big HI :hi: to you ladies :)
I'm being hit with 1st tri tiredness now.. i can't wait to be done with work and go on maternity!
I also bought my first cloth diaper yesterday.. planning to give it a try.. anyone here planning to or already cloth diapering?

Hi!
Me! I cloth diapered my dd (now 2 years old)...it was great, so planning to go that route again. I'll pick up a few more boy ones, just because I love them, but he'll also wear the pink & girlie stuff - it's under his clothes, no one will see ;)

I did find CD as a newborn challenging though. My dd was 6 1/2 pounds when she came home and I had about 18 diapers that should of fit her, but there was some leaking/fit issues b/c of her size. Plus, we were using more than 12 per day, so I ended up using disposables until she was about 10 pounds. After that, it was easy - never used a disposable again, and she was potty trained (on her own, thanks to the cloth diapers!) at about 18 months.

What kind did you get?

I'm also planning on cloth diapering, it's such a huge money saver and also much better for the environment! Got the inserts we ordered but still waiting to get the covers (I bought adjusteable ones) in the mail. Had to order it all as it doesn't seem to be a thing in Denmark, you definitely can't get much in the baby stores and have to order them. Although I can hear that DH isn't looking forward to having to change the baby when he won't be able to just throw the diaper out, especially if it's a poopy one :haha:

my dh wont touch a poopy diaper unless im not there and he has no choice but now that Scotlynn is potty trained and she goes for a number 2 he will wipe her and then just flush LOL ...

my dh wont touch a poopy diaper unless im not there and he has no choice but now that Scotlynn is potty trained and she goes for a number 2 he will wipe her and then just flush LOL ...

Men:haha:

I don't exactly find poopy diapers very nice either (not that I have any real experiece yet so just the thought of them :haha:) but I'm sure I can handle it. Maybe it's because I also used to ride horses and would clean out stalls and scoop away any poop that needed to be removed?

How did we both get such squirmy men:haha:

LOL I think all men are like that I might be wrong ... hehehe ..

I think when its your own kid you will clean it and just get used to it

My OH handles poopy diapers like a pro :haha:. He changes them quicker than I do and with less wipes lol. I end up using half the pack.... I am the one who has more of an issue with poopy diapers, and it's only when poop touches my skin (germaphobe here lol). Other than that, I have no issues with changing poopy diapers! Once you change your own child's diaper just once, it become almost like a natural thing that won't bother you as much.

Also poopy only really becomes super stinky if/when they are on formula or solids. If you have a EBF baby, the poops smell sweet lol.

Mine says he will do it, but if baby has one of those poops that go up the back towards the neck (and everywhere).. he'll just leave it for me haha. I said, 'what if I'm away all day?' "the baby will survive."
:haha:

LOL I think all men are like that I might be wrong ... hehehe ..

I think when its your own kid you will clean it and just get used to it

I think a lot are anyway:winkwink: My DH likes to remind me that his grandfather (my MIL's dad) never changed any diapers so maybe he should follow in his footsteps although I think he's mostly joking when he says that :haha:

Yep that's what I'm thinking, the first couple of times are the worst and then it's more meh, no biggie.

My OH handles poopy diapers like a pro :haha:. He changes them quicker than I do and with less wipes lol. I end up using half the pack.... I am the one who has more of an issue with poopy diapers, and it's only when poop touches my skin (germaphobe here lol). Other than that, I have no issues with changing poopy diapers! Once you change your own child's diaper just once, it become almost like a natural thing that won't bother you as much.

Also poopy only really becomes super stinky if/when they are on formula or solids. If you have a EBF baby, the poops smell sweet lol.

Here's hoping my DH becomes like your OH:thumbup:

I'm planning on breastfeeding (already bought a breast pump for e.g. nights where DH and I go out and need to have bottles of milk ready for the babysitter) so that should make things easier on DH if it makes the poop less stinky. Then he can get use to that before having to handle stinky poops, nice easy intro:haha:

Mine says he will do it, but if baby has one of those poops that go up the back towards the neck (and everywhere).. he'll just leave it for me haha. I said, 'what if I'm away all day?' "the baby will survive."
:haha:

And we have another squirmy man:haha: How nice and considerate of your DH to leave it for you:winkwink: Here's hoping he's just being silly like mine and they both step up when baby is actually here though.

My dh will change poopy diapers unless it's the explosive kind lol. He absolutely cannot handle vomit though.

My dh is good with poopy nappies thankfully :) but I will still do 99% of them no doubt

My DH handles cat poop duty just fine lol so here's to hoping he'll step up for the baby. Although he didn't come near me once during my vomiting days in first tri, so it could go either way. :haha:

no my DH handles vomit like a pro and I just feel sick when my toddler vomits and wont go near it LOL

so funny though ..

anyways is anyone else's baby's movements sore? like almost they have run out of space? am I just feeling her more coz she might be in a certain position? I have an anterior placenta but I swear it feels and looks like this little girl wants to break out of my tummy ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->