any other over 35 first time mums?

sorry to hear about your SIL, claire (my own SIL was diagnosed with lupus a few years back)...:hugs:

well, the noisy neighbours who are renting...are building some huge structure in 'their' backyard and the other neighbour thinks they might be opening a hairdressing salon (this is so totally illegal that it is not funny!)....GROWL!

Other than that....storm - I'm also about 12 stone 7ish (but was over 15 stone at 8months when pregnant with LO, don't know how much when I had him six weeks later...), and am trying slowly to lose more as we all know....

nothing else....hope all are well....bye!

sorry ladies. just can't keep up these days. have taken to bed-sharing recently to try to improve sleep but going through rough phase again plus work is really full-on at the moment. just wanted to say hello and that i"m thinking of you all XX

Arggghh just had our first trip to casualty! Had a lovely day at my brothers and a BBQ for tea, all was going great until L who was sitting on dhs knee at tea grabbed his steak knife! I never have a knife when Lis on my knee, but dh pulled the knife and slit her thumb. I nearly died, I saw it coming and couldn't stop it. I thought she had cut her whole hand but it was her thumb. Dh is a paramedic and brother is a doctor but they couldn't stop the bleeding so we went to hospital. She got steristrips and her little thumb all dressed, oh man it was so stressful. Thankfully the hospital weren't concerned and it should heal quickly but oh my word seeing your child hurt and bleeding is just awful! She's asleep in her cot now so hopefully a few days and it should seal over. Trying not to be cross at dh but a bit put out by his stupidity! I hope the wee pet sleeps ok!

Ironically I said to dh this am 'I bet something happens today that puts me off having number 2'.... As for the ttc its so different this time round! No pressure as if it doesnt happen I'm good with just having my wee princess!

Night all, need sleep x

sorry to hear about your day, storm - ! My OH keeps asking me if I want to ttc, but i'm scared that maybe too old (he also suggests getting my eggs taken and trying again in a few years)....we are very happy with LO, but part of me wonders as well....

and it shows, no matter what medical training, e.g DH and brother, when it's your own, it is SCARY!

hugs and cuddles to YOU and LO! bye!

Oh Storm,massive hugs for you and esp L!!! Poor wee mite! we have had a few trips to A&E so I totally know where you are coming from - it is horrid! seeing your baby in pain is just killer. I hope she is ok today??
xx

Thanks ladies, she's ok today, was sick during the night, so everything is coveted in boke and yes my just one year old washing machine broke yesterday! Off to my dads with a pile of vomity laundry..

Oh golly Storm how horrific! I hope she isn't in pain. Do you think the vomit was related? Maybe from pain or pain meds? Poor little cutie!
Booh too to the washing machine breaking down! Hope it is still on warranty?
But yay for ttc without the pressure! Very exciting! :D So envious and broody here lol.

I think the vomit was due to the medicine they gave her in the hospital. Have to say I was less than impressed with the dutch consultant we saw, she was all for getting the nurses to put a plaster on it, I confronted them and even they realised they couldn't stem the blood flow enough for a plaster, so plaster changed into paper stitches, full finger dressing and lots of sticky tape, bless her. Poor wee lady is also cutting those horrible pointy teeth.. its snot city!

The washing machine is out of warranty by days! How typical is that... I don't know how people cope without one!

And as for the TTC, would love a second but if it happens dreading pregnancy... Didn't like it!

Claire I am so sorry for your SIL :( That really is terrible news! I know very little about MS except of course that ppl get pretty immobile in the later stages. Is it painful already? What are the treatments? I hope she is in good hands and that the research will find something to help her and other sufferers soon. :hugs:
I hope Lucy does still grow out of the allergy so she can eat some of your lovely cakes on her birthdays etc :)
Very impressed that you clean when Lucy is out with her daddy. I think if that ever happened for us, I'd sit down, drink a coffee and play Candy Crush on FB the entire time lol How sad am I?!
How are your own plans for ttc? Still towards the end of the year? Or when your little madam starts sleeping better?

Sabrina I would SOO report your neighbours! I would not tolerate either their nosiness nor their building something like a hairdressing salon illegally!
I think it would be great if you ttc. I can understand that you are scared though. Maybe you should just NTNP and see what happens? :) And having your eggs taken might be a good idea cause it takes the pressure off a bit.

Leeze just don't leave us completely and come in when ever you can to do short updates on you and Kia please? I hope she starts sleeping better for you soon. :hugs:

Storm I think there is a EU law concerning two year warranties. So I think you might still get them to replace your machine if it is under that time? I had a quick google and found this article. Might be worth a read?
I forgot that you had an unpleasant pregnancy. But you know there is no saying, the next one might be very nice? Crossing my fingers for you :)

Claire - So sorry about your SIL :hugs:

Storm - that sounds horrific, poor you and littel L of course! :hugs:
But, yay for TTC with no pressure, sounds great! :winkwink: Good luck!!

Jules - it's tomorrow, right? hope everything goes well, and looking forward to meeting your LO soon! :happydance:

Hope you are all well :flower:

The construction started at 9.30am this morning and I stuck my head out and said that on Sundays, etc., but the builder just ignored. So, I will have to get the council involved tomorrow...sigh. I just don't understand why they are so ignorant (and it's obvious that it is illegal as they are laying pipes out of sight from the house, e.g. hidden)...I really didn't want a war with these people, but why do something so blatant and obvious and illegal? GROWL! (and they are renters!)

We went shopping and got LO some 1-2-3 books and ABC and finger puppets for incy wincy spider -- honestly, I prefer my own songs as I can remember those!

hugs to all! bye!

Hi ladies

Just a quick one as I'm too nervous to say much tonight. C section at c 6.30pm tomorrow evening so will update you all through the thread thereafter if I can but if not then the following day. I am so anxious i can barely speak at the moment xx

Jules I am sending you tons and tons of :hugs:! Will be thinking of you at that time tomorrow and crossing, fingers, toes and legs for you. Everything will be fine though and you'll be a mum YAY :D :hugs:

Good luck Jules! Can't believe its tomorrow! I'm adding you on fb btw xxx

Jules: God bless you today with the most wonderful birth experience and the healthiest little baby boy:). We can't wait to hear all about him and see his photos:).

Sabrina: that is terrible that your neighbors are planning on opening a business in their house! I am with angel, you should report them.:thumbup: maybe they will move out.:winkwink:

Storm: how scary about L!! My godness I would have freaked out the whole way to the emergency room and their too. How is she now? A friend of mine just texted me yesterday saying that her 18 months old had de febrial seizure last Friday. She is 20 months pregnant too! The fever just spiked up and all of a sudden karina just passes out and her lips turned purple! She said that she thought she was going to have a heart attack! I would too!! She is fine now. She had an ear infection and that caused the high fever. The lovely times of parenthood!!
And yeah for ttc!!!! I am going to be cheering for you here:). Hope it will happen very soon:). I am not convinced yet if I want another one :haha:!!!

I have to go! Loads to do today. I will reply to the other post later:).

well, it's 6.30 pm in Ireland/UK -- am crossing my fingers for you, jules!

not much here -- the council want me to fill out this paperwork in relation to the neighbours and their 'building'....um, why do I have to do all this and it will take weeks for them to investigate, but the tenants can do whatever they want at the moment? Thinking of putting a 20-foot concrete fence up (I am NOT kidding)....I have so many better things to do than deal with jerks like this.

it's cold and windy here -- I want a proper summer! Borboleta -- do you wonder how different your childhood will be from T's, e.g. for me, perhaps no baseball or hot summers or...pretty much everything!?

am very cranky today...perhaps I'm pre-AF (actually, I think I am....)

bye!

Can't wait for Jules's update on baby! I hope all went smoothly for her!:thumbup:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->