any other over 35 first time mums?

Borboleta I just saw the video. He is utterly adorable and he is really good already! A natural talent obviously! I love it :D

Angel--Re: Dominic. I have no idea if this will work for you, or if you agree with what I did, but J pulled this a while ago, and it drove me nuts. We could do nothing with him, and when his bum was poopy... :growlmad: We tried the pull-ups--they were even harder because you had to keep his legs straight to get them on. So, I finally got mad at him for the first time. Ever. I knew he understood, and quite forcefully pushed him back on his back and said that this is the end of this (and some other mad-ish Mummy things). Even OH had never heard me be that stern. But J never did it again. I asked OH if I had been scary stern, but he said no, and it had to be done.

Things went okay with MIL today - I just tuned out any negative stuff and tried to be engrossed in LO, so it was fine! Lunch out and then a stroll through the town centre (too cold for the park)....OH suggested a weekend at ours in a few weeks (hahahahaha!) when we were leaving, so I think I will come visit storm up in Belfast (just kidding) that weekend!

re: nappy changes - we offer a toy as we also have a wiggler (sp?) and it usually works out by offering a toy (we keep a few nearby)) (and we're very fast -- unfortunately, if too poopie, then he gets a bath (and sometimes it is very, very poopie).

re: angel - hugs!:hugs:

re: found some plain t-shirts at Tesco, but will check out FOTL!:thumbup:

bye!

Angel your commetn about Lucy never having a biscuit really made me laugh!!! no results yet,I guess it will take the NHS a while - normaly does! lol in the meantime there are plenty of biscuits that don't contain egg - just cakes that are a problem! lol
I forgot to mention that I am due to be at the Chelsea and West Hospital on the 24th June - we should try and meet up? I will have Lucy with me. What do you think?

Hope all is well with everyone else?
Storm is L feeling better?

Jules I hope everything is going well with your little boy!:thumbup::thumbup: I too am very eager to hear all the news!!:baby:

:hugs::hugs:

wrote out the official complaint to the council regarding the unauthorised build along with some lovely photos - GROWL!

LO may have a cold and/or hayfever (I have it), so lots of snot and last night, some coughs and vomit. Otherwise, fine...

hugs to all!

bye!

Well L still has the runs and sporadic spewing! After a lull yesterday I thought we were on the way up but apparently not! On the up side she is in good form and I have my washing machine working again, given the 6 explosive nappies we have just had its a relief!

What a bank holiday.....

Well L still has the runs and sporadic spewing! After a lull yesterday I thought we were on the way up but apparently not! On the up side she is in good form and I have my washing machine working again, given the 6 explosive nappies we have just had its a relief!

What a bank holiday.....

hopefully the weather, at least, is good up there?

Ah, vomitous explosions and illegal sheds. We may not be too busy on this thread right now, but I'm finding the humour and the pathos quite riveting. (Honestly--I'm not being sarcastic!)

SK--you go, girl! You remind me of me when I get on a mission to right some egregious wrong, usually with telephone/internet and delivery companies. I'm like a dog with a bone, but always politely tell the person I'm talking to first that I'm not angry at them and could they please put me through to someone I can be angry at (and who will then give me the service for free, or at an outrageous discount). But never have I taken pictures. You take dedication against injustice to a whole new level! I think my neighbour is also building an illegal shed, but I like them, so I put up with the noise. Plus, we infected their lawn with dandelions last summer (not our fault!), so I think we owe them.

Storm--could your story get any worse? So first L was really sick all over everything, and your washer is broken. Then you get it too, and L adds the runs to her repertoire, and your washer is still broken. And poor L is still sick! How are you feeling? And what is the status of the washer?

Angel--who called S a girl??? :ninja: Well, not with that new haircut, that's for sure.

J will get his cut next Sunday by my SIL at the Sunday Dinner. It looks rat's-nesty at the back, but it's just actually a LOT of hair, and a lot of split ends. You can get still get a brush through it. Well, he can, kinda. J has made it clear that only one person will brush his hair these days, and that is HIM. He's really bad at it, too. Hence the almost rat's nest. I'm surprised that Dominic's doesn't mat, seeing as it is so curly and thick.

Charlie--how are the thyroid meds going? Does your OH have to go back to work now, or is he staying home longer? I really hope that you're feeling better!

Borboleta--I decided against the Chinese Pocoyo. It would have taken too long to arrive. Yesterday I would also have written that he isn't attached to any stuffed toys yet, until he refused to go to sleep without his teddy last night. Angel, did the boys take to the monsters?

It's finally hot here--almost 30 C today, so we have the fans on and the windows open. But this should be the hottest we get. It's nice, though, when fans will do instead of A/C. Back home in Ontario, the humidity is so bad that you can't live without A/C. Here, keep the blinds down all day, the fans on, and you're probably okay. Or, go sleep in the basement, where it is freezing all year long, and then you're definitely okay.

Claire--I'm surprised that test results take so long in the UK. I know that the NHS is very, very strained financially, but our universal health care will get you the results in days, if not the next day. Just out of curiosity, is it very expensive to go private? We don't have a two-tiered system here on principal, but I bet I'd be tempted to go private unless it is completely prohibitive, financially. Which I suspect it is...

Jules--if you see this, give your gorgeous LO a big hug from a complete internet stranger (me).

As for me, I'm fuming still from last night. We had Sunday Dinner at our place, and Pake (J's paternal grandfather) took him outside to play on the sidewalk, in bare feet. Now, I don't have a problem with bare feet, per se, but there are a lot of pebbles and even bits of glass out there, and I knew it wouldn't be long before J would want to cross the street as well, which he is simply not doing in bare feet! So, I went outside with his Robeez. And Pake does what he always does: "Bah!!! The kid doesn't need shoes!!! He's fiiine." I said it would just take a second to slip them on, and Pake says that he was going in anyways so just forget it. (Chiild!!!)

Later on, everyone was out on the back porch eating dessert, and while I wasn't there, my BIL gave J a bit of pie. OH was there, and if he thought that was fine, then it was fine with me. But then I came out, and J is running to Pake, saying "more! more! more!" Pake was about to hand him some more pie and I said no, he doesn't need more. Pake does his typical "Bah!" routine, my mother (she's still here) joined him, and maybe even Oma too. I swept him up, gave him some cheese, which made him very happy, and actually said, "Why won't people respect my decisions about my child?" But by then, no one was paying any attention to me, which was probably a good thing.

I need to add that I have nothing against giving a child sweets. If J's over at Oma and Pake's and I'm not there, I've given them free range, food-wise, and I know that's how J learned the word "cookie." But he doesn't really eat sweets, and why start now if he doesn't know what he's missing yet? Eventually, yes, he'll get sweets--I'm not going to go all Earth Mother on him--but right now, I don't see the point.

Anyway, whenever I say "no" to Jonah and Pake's around, he undermines me. Every.Single.Time. "Bah! It's not hurting him!" "Bah! He's fiiiine." Bah Bah frickin' Baaaaah!!! I told OH that this has to stop because the older J gets, the more he'll come to understand that even though Mummy wants him to do something, Pake, if around, will "Bah!" me and give J what he wants. OH says he'll talk to Oma, the only one who can talk some sense into Pake.

My mother is interfering with how J eats, as well. With BLW, the cardinal rule is: never put anything in his mouth. Let him figure things out on his own, even spoons and forks. And the next thing I know, my mum tells me that she's been gripping J's arm during meals to keep the spoon upright until it was in his mouth. WTF????? In other words, she was literally making my kid force-feed himself. (I wasn't around during these meals.) These grandparents are driving me mad!

Okay, so ends my post of grumpiness.

Just a quick one, we have a washing machine at last, dh put the new spring in today and my bed clothes are currently on a 60 degree wash, this is after L had a sporadic spew in my face this am (and hair and pillows), really you have to laugh! We had major poogate again today, 5 nappies in half an hour, good thing was she wasn't bothered, she just screamed getting her nappy changed cause she wanted to jump.on the bed. I wasn't so keen on the bed jumping with the poo nappy as man they stink and it was my bed! Temperature has gone and her form is hood but the poo still isn't nursery worthy, so if I can drag myself to work tomorrow (still feeling icky) daddy will be on duty... Daddy is also feeling icky... It's the house of germs...

Clio I've given up on what people feed L (lactose free of course), my dad keeps buying her things like jelly babies.. how many can a small child consume? I dont think he realises a bag would do her a month! He also arrived with 24 fruit shoots (dilute juice in bottles you pay stupid money for the packaging) when I only let her havecone on a Sunday at his house when her cousins all have them... But he meant well :) I can take them to work :)

Right I feel sick again! This is some bug! Hope everyone else is well xx

Ps L freaks out if I try and feed her, I just let her get on with it and she's doing just fine!

Good morning ladies,

Clio: I missed your J's stories:). Please post a picture of him after he gets his new hair cut:). And I know sometimes grandparents makes us nuts because they never listen to our instruction ( my mil leaves the door and blinds open when she goes put thiago down :growlmad:) but that is what grandparents are all about isn't it :haha:! I never forget this commercial that I used to watch when I was a kid: the parents where going out and the grandmother came over to babysit and the mom tells her no cakes or cookies and the grandmother says of course. Right after they leave she tells the kids lets make cookies :dohh:. And they all jump up and down in happiness:). We will have our turn when we are grandparents ( I just hope thiago doesn't take as long as we did to have kids otherwise I will be super old or dead by then :haha:).

Storm: :happydance:for having your washer back:)!!!! And now is your OH's turn:(. I feel for you guys!!!

Claire: how do you keep the hat and the sunglasses on L face and head?

Sabrina: I hope everything goes well and the neighbors will stop the new addition.

Today I have my dermatologist appointment and hopefully will find out what is this thing that is on my hand.

Question: thiago has been having crying spells for no apparent reason. Like he is playing and all of a sudden he just cries. It happen twice yesterday when he was laying with his crazy ball ( the ones that rolls around when you press a button). Do your LOs have that too?

the infamous 'shed' (or holiday retreat for friends and family?) -- not sure how to rotate, so rotate your head instead!

PARTY last night from 12.30ish to 4am, but he was in good spirts (jumping all over the bed), and he knows he will get a nap at creche, but poor mummy who had him....(am tired, but okay -- it's a beautiful day here, but the rain is on its way tonight)....

re: food. I used to feed with a spoon some foods, but LO seems to prefer all finger foods (LOL....grumble), so at the moment, he is trying to use a spoon with yogurt or applesauce, but pokes the other end in and gets it everywhere. Oh, well. My OH's response is to give him another bottle, mine is to make pasta with chicken or pork chops with bits of apple...at least at creche, he eats/drinks in balance, but everything is easy to clean in either the kitchen or the living room, so I can survive. As for sweets, we do offer a bit of chocolate or a spoonful of ice-cream, BUT he is just as happy with a piece of banana or a baby rice cake, so hopefully, as long as we offer alternatives, sweets, cakes, etc., won't become an issue....

hugs to all!

bye!

ps. clio - if it's something that can dealt with with a smile, great, BUT if it's illegal and I can prove it (plus, they really annoyed me making noise on a Sunday) and if it affects (sp?) LO, then I will fight! I might look the other way with their parking, but wake my LO up from a nap? GROWL!

Attachments

• SAM_1083 (Copy).jpg
    SAM_1083 (Copy).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 5
borboleta - what type of cry is it? Gael doesn't cry, but gets very whingey and upset when playing. In his case I think it's frustration: he does it when he wants to do something and is not able to, or doesn't understand how something works or wants to communicate something and is not understood. I am still trying to find ways to help him.

angel - how did your trip go? how's your friend? you must be exhausted but pleased you went to see her. :hugs:

clio - I'm so glad that we don't have any grandparents around....:winkwink:

sabrina - party till 4am? :wacko:
ah, I had a question for you - I know you delayed the MMR, what did you do about the other shots that are given at the same time?

storm - hope you are all better soon!

borboleta - what type of cry is it? Gael doesn't cry, but gets very whingey and upset when playing. In his case I think it's frustration: he does it when he wants to do something and is not able to, or doesn't understand how something works or wants to communicate something and is not understood. I am still trying to find ways to help him.

angel - how did your trip go? how's your friend? you must be exhausted but pleased you went to see her. :hugs:

clio - I'm so glad that we don't have any grandparents around....:winkwink:

sabrina - party till 4am? :wacko:
ah, I had a question for you - I know you delayed the MMR, what did you do about the other shots that are given at the same time?

storm - hope you are all better soon!

Kosh: it is a full blown cry. With tears coming down his face. I am not sure if he is doing that because he gets frustrated with the ball or something scares him but he plays with the ball so happily for a while before he just decides that he wants to cry. :shrug:. He did that a while ago but them stopped. And started again the past 2 days.
You know I went to the toddler club here and saw a post of a man that worries that his son has autism. And I, of course read thru the whole thing, and start getting paranoid about the whole thing :growlmad:!!! That is why I shouldn't even read this posts!!!! Thiago is not a bubbly baby all smiley and everything but he is very loving, smart and loves to be around us. Isn't it amazing how we start worrying about things just because your kid doesn't fit into the mold of what you think a baby is about? I guess I am having one of those week :dohh:!

Borboleta--When J does that, it means he's tired and it's time for a nap. In fact, he never cries unless he's tired. He'll bonk his head, and you can see him thinking, "hmmnnn... make big scene and take away from playtime, or just keep going?" And he keeps going. Bonks his head when tired, he wails immediately, and we get to take him upstairs for a nap. It's actually a very efficient system. :haha:

Storm, yey for washing machine but hope you are all better now! Rubbish timing with this lovely weather :(

Clio, that would drive me nuts with the grandparents but I'm lucky my mum isn't't like that and OH's would be but are in Holland :)

Borboleta, how did the appt with dermatologist go? Any diagnosis? Loved the video of Brazil's future footie prodigy!

Well got my thyroid levels back and they were off the wall! So started the meds today and am hoping they will kick in ASAP! The doc was dubious about my self diagnosis as thyroid was checked in jan and was all normal, but post partum can be bit quicker and more dramatic it seems. I'm ok if I rest LOTS, but OH back at work Thursday so hope things are better by then, as well as all the normal symptoms my milk supply has dropped massively. I know this is not necessarily a problem but S will not have any formula, we have tried this last week. She will also not have my defrosted breast milk! Today I tried them in her sippy cup which she loves and manages to drink water from and it got thrown on the floor!! Yes she lets you know her mind this little monkey! My supply is OK if I do rest, but that will get harder soon and today OH was in bed with a cold so I've been less rested and I have no milk! We are doing BLW which is going great but with the bare minimum as I don't have it in me to do more yet. OH doesn't seem to get this as a problem, he's like whatever about the milk issue! I'm like no it's still her main source of nutrition, she needs milk!! I made him make her some Philadelphia on toast and hummus on toast this evening, so at least she eats Something and the little monkey is devouring it! She also loved her fruits which she has for breakie and it's wonderful to watch :)

Hope Jules if you get a mo to read this that your little family are doing well. I hope you are healing OK and are managing to get some rest.

Oh and what a beautiful long weekend we have had, I just wish I was able to do more, but I did get out to the park yesterday which was lovely, hopefully more sunny days to come, yey!

Storm - so glad you got your washer! Can't imagine being without one for long as fast as Blake goes through clothes, sheets, bibs, burb clothes...he's been in 6 different onesies already today and it's only 2 in the afternoon, been a little puke monster. :haha:

Clio - sorry about the way his grandparents "bah" away your concerns. Blake's aren't nearby. They've wanted to come visit, but Blake's not allowed visitors yet. I guess keeping germs away has its positive aspects.

Sabrina - THATs the shed?!? It looks like they've built an apartment out back! No way, don't mess with your LO or his sleep! Lol

Charlie- glad you've got some answers and some meds. Hope they work for you and you're feeling better soon.

Blake and are doing well. Yesterday we were blowing raspberries back and forth at each other (I was loving it, so fun now that he's more interactive) and I got my first baby giggle!!! Actually got another couple a few hours ago. :cloud9:

kosh - Here in Ireland, they suggest MMR and PCV at 12 months, so I just did both at 14 months+; he'll have the last of his vaccinations at 15 months (or in another week or so), which were suggested at 13 months (Men C & Hib), and then no more until school. He did have a fever at around 7-10 days post-MMR, but it was over a weekend, so we could keep an eye on him, etc., and he seems fine now. I am glad we did do it, as there is a measles outbreak over in Wales and parts of England, etc.

autism - I worry, too, BUT (and it's a huge BUT and I am not a doctor (well, a PhD in History, but....), I think the signs come quite early (even though it is not officially diagnosed until LOs are a little older than ours. I am aware that autism has many levels, but if your LO is interacting, showing emotion, etc., I think (and hope) we're okay. I asked my GP about this, and he feels that the research is more focused on a genetic level (e.g. it seems to run in families), but is also aware that it is perhaps too easy to assign 'difficult' or normal-ish behaviour with a label.

hope all are well and must dash as my LO has decided that mummy MUST come now!

bye!

Hey everyone, I was quite touched by all your happy thoughts that I have my washing machine back, thank you! I did have to purchase L New clothes mind you, well vests and Pjs so we now,have way too many!

I was back at work today and dh had to stay home with L, she still has horrendous nappies, massive amounts of foul smelling squishy (but not runny) poo, sometimes it makes me gag! She's in great form though and had proper dinner tonight for the first so hopefull on the mend!

Sk I loved having a good nosey at the shed photo, impressive!

Borboleta, dont be stressing about autism, all babies are different and T looks like he is a thinker, L is a doer and suffers the consequences of her stupid actions a lot! :)

Kitty L was a spray reflux baby and the clothes we went through...

Charlie hope you get your health sorted! How,terrible for you!

Oh and TTC cycle 1, epic fail, af came 2 days early! Im not bothered though, almost a little relieved :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->