any other over 35 first time mums?

Angel I so could not get on with your dad. I'm not a vegetarian but thought of killing for fun disgusts me, yeah its real manly killing sn animal with a gun, tell your dad to get in there unarmed and see what a big man he is! Grrrr he could put your babies through uni for all the wasted money. That said I would like to make it clear im mad at your dad, not you xxx

Charlie, dh is a paramedic, grossly underpaid, undervalued and overworked. Sil is a nurse on a ward were most of the people have had alcohol/drug abuse and man she is treated like Crap! Big brother is a gp, is partner in his own practice, well paid and respected...I guess you need to reach Dr level for that! In his defense he does volunteer for the children's hospice, works there weekly so he,takes the rough with the smooth.

Must go the dogs stolen Ls toast... Many tears and I'm trying not to laugh, bad mummy x

Good morning ladies,

Storm: glad you got some meds going :happydance:!! I am sure you are feeling so much better!! Are you still very tired? And happy 18 months L!!! :happydance:

Charlie: OMG!!! S is adorable!!! I love both pictures of her!! And her eyes are just gorgeous!!! And so cute when you mentioned that she is crawling backwards :haha:!! Good times:).
I was happy to hear about your neighbor's daughter and the soccer team. Hopefully thiago will follow her steps :haha:.

Angel: I should show you what kind of house you can get here for $500.000,00 :haha:!! I am sure you want a pool in the backyard too right :winkwink:. I will try to find a perfect one so you can come live here with the boys in the 108 degree heat!!!
Poor little seb! He might need some kind of face helmet to protect him against dom's biting. Do you know what teeth is coming in?
And like the ladies mentioned it sounds crazy the money he spends with hunting!!! And I totally agree with you, and think he should give that money to the boys instead :thumbup:. Poor animals too!!

Clio: how are the naps going with J?

Sabrina: thiago's favorite toy is his ball but second is us. He will p lay for a little bit by himself but them he wants us to play with him. So I totally understand why Finn gets upset when your OH gets home he gets frustrated because you are not playing with him. Don't take me wrong I love playing with him I just wished he would play by himself a little more too :haha:.

As for us: I think little t is slowing working on his back molars. Yes, the ones that are suppose to come just when they are over 2. He keeps putting stuff in the back of him left side of his mouth and chew chew. So maybe they are starting to think about slowly moving down :shrug:.

Little t wants my attention. Got to go.

Angel and Charlie- good idea about a meet up in the park!! When would be good for you ladies??
Xx

SK--re: Finn's stroppiness, could he perhaps be hungry and tired at the point your OH comes home?

I hope you've found your answer with the thyroid! It sounds like an awful thing to have out of whack!

Storm--how are the meds working? And what do ketones signal again? I also hope little L is doing better. Oh, and I just saw my nephews' new playhouse (well, new for them; they just moved house and it was left behind). It was amazing and the three boys couldn't get enough of it. It was really cute though: their two year old believed that the big house was for the rest of the family, but the playhouse was where he would be living.

Storm and Borboleta--re: house prices. Seems like things, house-wise, are crazy all over. Here in Edmonton, which keeps increasing its population because of the oil sands, we paid $370,000 for a house half your size, Borboleta (and the US dollar and Cdn dollar are at par now)! And that's considered low-mid-range! A townhouse or condo/flat or semi-detached is never less than $250,000. A house YOUR size would be up in the $600,000s or more. Canada survived the housing bubble because the gov't regulates our banks and they weren't allowed to hand out mortgages to just anybody. So our housing market (and consequently, our economy) never really crashed.

Then there's Vancouver, where a small junky bungalow goes for over a million. Here, they just go for half a million. :nope:

Charlie--Sophia sounds like she's developing in leaps and bounds! And she sounds delightful. And what a wonderful first word! The letter "T" in "cat" was the only consonant that J could manage, hence, "Tata." Is Charlie good with S? Do you see a great friendship in the works? And how's the baby led weaning coming? My in-laws now have a game where they give J the weirdest stuff possible (pickled herring, anyone?) to see if he'll eat it, and he always does. They are tickled pink by a non-fussy eater after after 2 grandchildren who you have to beg and cajole into eating. But I always find it so funny to see that even after a year, Oma still cuts his meat up into little cubes as if he can't get it down otherwise. Oh, and he has a new favourite dish: Indian Red Lentil Dahl. I stir in some yoghurt to lighten the spiciness a little and to add calcium for J, and this boy takes both hands to shove it into his mouth. Are you raising S to be a vegetarian, too?

clio - I did use metformin, after I lost about 30lbs, my GP put me on it and it was horrible, but I kept on it as I had read it helped with reducing mc. It wasn't until after the pre-IVF bloods showed that I had a slightly underactive thyroid that I was also put onto eltroxin and then got pregnant with LO -- I kept on the metformin until 24wks into the pregnancy, but was so delighted when I could stop it (it made me sick to my stomach at anything near a 'normal' level)....but I am hopeful that a quick blood test, hopefully on Tuesday and will beg the nurse to ask for the results that day, if possible, so if the virus a few months ago has resulted in a temporary increase in thyroid problems and therefore, will be resolved. (Even with the PCOS, I never had this excessive swelling/sweating, which seems to be a characteristic of 'severe' hypothyroidism and the hoarseness/sore throat I keep having, is another...)....

OMG - was watching lottery and the first two numbers out for lotto +2 and they were my numbers and for one moment...but nope, the rest weren't....(it's worth 250,000 euros, but that's okay - I could have the soundproofers in on Monday - LOL!)

storm - well, if you ever feel like coming down to Dublin for a day? or we decide to go up to Belfast?....I wonder what our LOs would think of each other....!

hugs...!

Evening all :) Clio ketones just mean you are dehydrated and given I was constantly being sick I'm not surprised, nothing serious. I'm meant to take these tablets every 8 hours but I'm sticking with 2 a day cause I'm not bothered about feeling sick when I'm trying to sleep and I was never actually sick during the night. They really help! I feel human for about 6 of the 8 hours I can totally tell by the way I feel how long it is since I had one :) As for houses between us dh and I have lost 135k which is about 200,000 us dollars, soul destroying :(

Borboleta I've halved Ls lactulose and added a cup of half apple juice half water.. today she had 4 good poos! Woooo hoooo. Oh and your fb pics are lovely, I'm so jealous of your skinny toned butt :) xx

SK I haven't been to Dublin in ten years! Maybe I should :) please give me a shout if you plan a trip up north :) F would probably be horrified by my little madam :)

Charlie I forgot to say how beautiful S is, she's going to be a little stunner!

Miss L has grown out of her shoes again, went today and she's now a 6... Which I think might be a us 7, big banana feet :) on the upside I got her trainers and shoes for half price in the sale :)

Ok time to relax,before bed again... Dh still at work... Sigh...

Clio, yey a little marxist J :haha: talking about construction sites I have a very good friend, both her and her OH are very much environmentalists. They clearly did not want to introduce the construction industry to their children (boy and girl). I went out with them to the park one day when I think their daughter must have been one and a half or two. We walked park a construction site and she would not budge, she just got so excited and kept on saying digger, digger and was absolutely not remotely interested in the park or any flora and fauna that her parents would have far preferred her to be mesmerised by! I think we can only influence our children so much! This is the girl who is a talented footballer. It's something I always remember as so ironic as well as a little funny :dohh:

BLW is going great! Sophia loves her Dahl too, I also mix it, but with creme freche and she loves it :happydance: recently she has also had bean chilli and veggie spag bog. We haven't got as adventurous as your in laws, it sounds like they are loving it too with J :thumbup: I think my mum is still getting use to it and I have no idea how OH's parents will take to it, i have visions of them wanted to feed Sophia! we are off to visit them in 2 weeks. I look forward to my MIL's curry, they are Sri Lankan and she CAN cook! As for vegetarianism, I am feeding Sophia a veggie diet while I am in control of what she eats. When Sophia is old enough to ask, if she wants to try meat I would not stop her. I probably would not cook it though but OH is a avid meat eater, so he can do the do then. My only request is that she would have good quality meat, none of this meat in supermarkets that's been half the way around the world and no one knows exactly what it is! I have to say with all the beans and veg, she has had no further constipation problems :thumbup: I think that was a one off as she does lovely poos now :haha:

Charlie is very good with Sophia really. Sophia loves her so much and when Charlie knows that Sophia can't grab her, like when she is crawling backwards :haha:Charlie goes up to her and gives her a nose kiss, Sophia then gives the biggest smile, very very cute :cloud9: however if Sophia's hands are free, Charlie will get grabbed and Sophia actually manages to move Charlie with the strength of her pull :dohh:but Charlie just walks away, so I do see a friendship blossoming once Sophia calms down with the grabbing :thumbup:

Storm, so glad the meds are still doing their job, better get some more before you run out. So your OH is a paramedic in Belfast, that must be challenging at times. You're right paramedics are also underpaid and undervalued and like nurses get a lot of abuse. I think what I mean about nurses being disrespected in society was not so much in that we are underpaid but more about people's perception of nurses is that we do very little other than what we are told, know very little and just stand around looking pretty, wanting to marry a doctor! :nope: I know it sounds far fetched but you would not believe some of things that have been said to me by people who are intelligent and liberally minded. I won't bore you all with details as it makes my blood boil!! Well if you are ever in London, you too can come to the park!

SK it sounds very much like hypothyroid, you pretty much described how I was. I am now on 125mcg of thyroxine and feel so much better, not 100% but better. But thyroid levels always take about 3 days in my experience to come back :growlmad:

Claire I will FB message you about meeting.

Night all x

Charlie: I didn't know you are vegetarian. That is really neat! And it is even more amazing that little S is being fed a good vegetarian meal too. Now I feel bad for feeding thiago Burger King chicken nuggets sometimes :dohh:!!! Bad mommy!!!!

Clio: my godness can I send thiago to your house for him to learn to be more adventurous with food :haha:? You should see his face when I give him something different :dohh:!!! Priceless!!! And I remember when you asked if any of our LOs were old souls. You know if I did believe in that I would totally say yes thiago is an old soul :haha:. I love him :kiss:!!
And the houses in Canada sound pretty expensive although if we live in NY, California, Chicago houses would be a lot pricier and smaller than here. We just got lucky that prices in here are not bad at all. I do love my house though :haha: I just wished the backyard was bigger but than there is more lawn to cut, etc.

Storm: you know that I with I had jennifer Lopez butt don't you :haha:!! I envy here everytime she turns her back to the public :haha:!!! It is sooo feminine to have hips and a butt!!! I am straight like a man :cry:!!!
And when do you think your belly is going to start showing? Are the clothes getting any tighter?

We were invited to celebrate my in laws 45th wedding anniversary with them at a nice steak restaurant. So little t is going to get all cute and have some corn on the Cobb. His favorite at the moment. Although I have to say I am very happy with him that he is eating broccoli and likes it :happydance:!!! And the corn he eats one at a time :dohh:, same thing with rice :dohh:!!! I told you he was a neat eater :haha:!!!
Have a lovely night ladies:)!!

clio - I did use metformin, after I lost about 30lbs, my GP put me on it and it was horrible, but I kept on it as I had read it helped with reducing mc. It wasn't until after the pre-IVF bloods showed that I had a slightly underactive thyroid that I was also put onto eltroxin and then got pregnant with LO -- I kept on the metformin until 24wks into the pregnancy, but was so delighted when I could stop it (it made me sick to my stomach at anything near a 'normal' level)....but I am hopeful that a quick blood test, hopefully on Tuesday and will beg the nurse to ask for the results that day, if possible, so if the virus a few months ago has resulted in a temporary increase in thyroid problems and therefore, will be resolved. (Even with the PCOS, I never had this excessive swelling/sweating, which seems to be a characteristic of 'severe' hypothyroidism and the hoarseness/sore throat I keep having, is another...)....

hugs...!

No, it sounds far more like that--and perhaps that's a good thing? There's at least a fix for the thyroid, while metformin is a yucky bandaid, at most, for PCOS.

Lol Borboleta I wish L was a neat eater, she's the opposite... Like a small pig eating from a trough and if she can wipe it in her hair all the better!

Storm: I laughed when you said that Finn would be scared of L :haha:!! Sounds like thiago would be too. So funny, the boys would be just looking at her and think " what is the wild creature :haha:". They better get used to because we ( women) are that way don't we :haha:.

And that picture that I put on Facebook of thiago eating pasta was the dirtier he has ever got :haha:!!!

We went to have dinner with my in laws and poor thiago had to be a good boy and wait for one hour before we got seated :growlmad:!! Dinner was very good though. iPad rocks!!!! It was funny that there was a couple with a little girl sitting on a table next to us ( she was probably about 14 months or so) and she was starting to get impatient and frustrated to just sit and there, while thiago was happy watching pocoyo on YouTube. But after a while I noticed she got quiet and I looked over to their table and there she was with her daddy's phone all happy :haha:!!! Made me feel better:). Out waiter said he has 2 little girls and they each have iPads and he loves it. I told him that the good thing is that we can actually sit all together on the table and eat instead of one of us eat by himself while the other one walks the baby.
But I did feel bad though because thiago had loads of scream time yesterday night between the car ride, the wait and the dinner. Oh well ...

yawn! I had LO last night and even though I said to OH NOT to drink a second bottle of wine....so two babies today!

Finn is a messy-ish eater, but loves to share his food with you (and the cats). We can tell if he is finished as he starts to throw it all around, which means loads of sweeping/cleaning, etc., but the cats again don't seem to mind when it's meat. Finn loves broccoli and carrots, too, but is a bit suspicious of any other vegetables. I went and got some jam donuts (to be nice to OH?) and offered LO a tiny bit, which he ate, but seemed happier with his rice cakes.

borboleta - glad that T was okay in the restaurant, even if there was loads of screaming before and after?

yay, storm - maybe the boys would stare at the girls? Although Finn does seem to like the girls at creche and gets impatient for me to leave in the morning (or it might be the yummy toast)....

bye!

Borboleta--that's the dirtiest??? Oh man. J looks like that after every meal. Well, not so much anymore, but if there is something with sauce... J will do that too, though: pick things up one by one. Meals with him take so long!

Though this is our favourite picture after J has eaten...mud. He looks like a Russian dictator.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7414/9176752866_5e84ce5d21_n.jpg

As for your "boy body," my frame is like that, too--no hips, and some butt, but nothing like J-Lo. Back when I was thin, if you added muscles, I looked so much like a boy... I used to work on horse farms, where I'd develop huge muscles, and I'd look in the mirror and despair. Now I yearn for those days! But I agree with the others: you look gorgeous, butt or no!

Oh, you asked a while ago about J playing on his own or if he needs us because T always wants you to play with him. I actually did write out an answer and saved it in Word (and then forgot about it). But here it is:

J is and isn't like that. It totally depends on the day, his mood, and if we're inside. "Inside days" are tough; he's always wanting music (all. day. long) or books or us to play with him generally, and he'll refuse to play independently for long. But on "outside days" he's really independent and becomes more independent inside, too. Too independent, sometimes. :wacko:

As for having a backyard, I'm starting to count my blessings! It may be small, but it has enough room for a toddler and a cat to find lots to do for hours. Plus, it is encompassed by a tall wooden fence and gates with anti-child locks, and I feel very safe with him out there. OH and I sit on the deck and watch J safely act like a maniac. I want to get a bird feeder, too, so he and the cat can enjoy the birds.

Oops, J is up! I'll finish personals later...

Storm: I laughed when you said that Finn would be scared of L :haha:!! Sounds like thiago would be too. So funny, the boys would be just looking at her and think " what is the wild creature :haha:". They better get used to because we ( women) are that way don't we :haha:.

And that picture that I put on Facebook of thiago eating pasta was the dirtier he has ever got :haha:!!!

We went to have dinner with my in laws and poor thiago had to be a good boy and wait for one hour before we got seated :growlmad:!! Dinner was very good though. iPad rocks!!!! It was funny that there was a couple with a little girl sitting on a table next to us ( she was probably about 14 months or so) and she was starting to get impatient and frustrated to just sit and there, while thiago was happy watching pocoyo on YouTube. But after a while I noticed she got quiet and I looked over to their table and there she was with her daddy's phone all happy :haha:!!! Made me feel better:). Out waiter said he has 2 little girls and they each have iPads and he loves it. I told him that the good thing is that we can actually sit all together on the table and eat instead of one of us eat by himself while the other one walks the baby.
But I did feel bad though because thiago had loads of scream time yesterday night between the car ride, the wait and the dinner. Oh well ...

I just had a great iPad experience! J loves this app "Ginger the Kitten," which repeats what you say. He especially loves being alone with it and having a "conversation" with Ginger. But he keeps on touching it, and loses the app. So today, I said to him "remember what Ellie said to Pocoyo about her castle? NO TOUCH!" And then Ginger the Kitten repeated "No touch!." :haha: We said it a few more times, and now, he doesn't touch Ginger, and I get tons more independent play time. Plus, he'll bring Ginger his toys and say the name, and Ginger repeats it. If J doesn't like how Ginger says it, he tries to say it more clearly. Best language tool ever. I am so pro-iPad and toddlers!

Charlie--I totally forgot that the UK has tons of Indian food around (Imperialist!) It's not that common here; we have a lot of Pakistanis and Indians in Canada, but they are one of so many immigrant communities here that Indian food isn't as popular as Thai and then Japanese in Edmonton. (In Toronto, it's Chinese. Toronto has the second largest Chinese population in the world, outside of China.) My personal favourite IS Indian, though, and I love it hot. Turns out, J does too. Borboleta, I was eating guacamole for lunch and it was really spicy with jalepenos (sp?). J at first wanted some just because I had some, but then he wanted more and more because he loved it. He had even tried plain avocado before and hated it! Maybe I should try wasabi next...

Charlie, do you cook regularly? My husband and I hate cooking, so we make huge batches of something and then freeze it. A lot of it is beans, though, too, and we're not vegetarians. They're just so easy to work with and so yummy and contain protein. But after a few days of beans and lentils, I can see his belly start to distend, and I know we're in for a large number of stinky poos. Can I ask why you chose to BLW? We had a lot of resistance too at first, from all sides, except for my mum, who suggested it! But Oma and Pake began to have so much fun feeding him that they quickly came on board--and stopped worrying about him choking--and my SIL wishes she had done it now because her kids are so picky.

Ah man! OH and J are home from their shopping trip. But I refuse to lose anymore posts, so...submit!

Clio, love that pic if J, it's his beard! Is that really mud??

Yes lots of Indian restaurants over here and pretty much anything else you want, in London at least. My favourites are Indian, middle eastern and thai, in that order! I usually like to cook, yes, but I blow hot and cold with it, so have weeks where I just can't be bothered and weeks where I love it! I do big batches too and freeze a fair bit. Tonight I cooked a saag dhal, enough to feed about 20! Think I went a bit overboard!

I chose BLW as I liked the principle behind it about being very laid back and not stressing about what they eat, how much, how little etc and treating it like play and letting it be the discovery that food is for them. The rapley book just made sense to me. I think a lot of people, myself included before I had Sophia, really under estimate babies with how much they can manage. I am amazed how quickly Sophia's dexterity has developed and I totally think that's because if BLW. I have also seen so many of my friends battle with their children about food and I just don't want that battleground and I want Sophia to enjoy her food too so I hope BLW works for that, time will tell. It may make no difference and as soon as she's 3 the battles will commence! But it's worth a go and it's so much more fun than TW!

We went to my OH's uncles today, he had cooked a yummy Sri Lankan dish called Kotu Roti, and Sophia sat on my lap and promptly devoured my meal! His family loved it and they were pretty impressed with her eating, so I think it's going down pretty well with everyone! What's not going down well is my veggie diet that I am giving Sophia! My mum tried to sneak some chicken into her hand today! I was not happy at all! But my mum is an australian carnivore who does not understand vegetarianism! I have had a few comments about it, but hey I think Sophia has a very healthy diet and am happy with my choice. I think we all have something that we have done with our LO's whatever it may be, BF, FF, BLW, Co sleeping etc that others frown upon and I have found mine!

Borboleta, I am sure the odd nugget is fine for T, impressed that he likes broccoli, Sophia isn't so keen on Broccoli or any greens yet. I just keep in offering. Oh and. Want a house in Texas too! Lots of room and a swimming pool, yes please!

Charlie--have you tried soaking a raw floret in water and giving it to S? J used to just suck and suck on it because of the water. And soon he began to eat it.

Sorry, I would write more, but my stupid joint hurts and I'm grumpy. And it's hot. But thought I'd pass on the broccoli thing.

Storm--just wanted to add that I'm sorry you're dehydrated after all of that vomiting! I'm glad the meds are working; I remember after I took them wondering how on earth I had ever survived those first weeks...

Anyone else a Doctor Who fan? New series, not old. It's my comfort show--that, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer--and I'm currently re-watching favourite episodes. Oh that rake, David Tennant! Oh the complexities of Matt Smith!

Ah, I just downloaded a Christmas Special. Twice the comfort level. Bye!

Afternoon ladies - another day another day of feeling :sick:, even with the meds I was violently ill last night, but at least I'm only being sick about once a day even if its a stoamch emptying horrible affair. This is so much worse than with L, I just keep telling myself its worth it and I won't EVER have to do it again! I'm tired, cranky and feel yukky and still really struggling with liquids more than anything - why?!??!?!

Anyway onwards and upwards

Charlie I personally have no issues with you deciding to give S a vegetarian diet until she is old enough to make her own decisions, a 'proper' vegetarian should have all basis covered nutrition wise and given the variety S is already encountering I'd say you don't have any problems there. Lots of lentils/pulses etc should give the little lady lots of protein anyway! I have found that since having L I have done soooo many things I would have frowned upon before having my own child that now I don't judge anyone for doing what I call the little things :D For me its been survival most of the time and if people choose BLW, co-sleeping etc etc that's just fine by me. I personally did TW but now L is 18 months I pretty much let her eat anything she wants, well lactose filled products aside. She's a big fan of pasta and rice dishes and she eats things I would never have eaten as a child, oh and she loves fish which makes me gag - eugh! If I'm eating something then I let her try it and it amazes me some of the things she likes, if I don't want her eating it I don't eat it infront of her. Shes wild for fruit though, she LOVES her fruit, I left her this am eating strawberries (you should hear her saying strawberry so funny) and ramming some into Dhs mouth - that girl loves to share - usually after she's had a bite - lol - slobbery :) Actually Im whittering now but I knew a woman that was a vegan and she had 4 children and with all her 4 children she fed them all meat and dairy products and said they could choose when they were older? I never understood that if she felt so strongly about being a vegan why she fed her children meat? I always thought the sensible option would have been to feed them a good vegetarian diet with free range dairy products?

Oh dear now I've forgotten what everyone else was saying - ah well - off to try and gag down some lunch :sick: catch up later!

Oh anyone heard anything from kitty? I wonder if AF arrived in the end?

SK anything on your front with AF or still feeling bloated and horrible?

Morning girls!

Sorry I've been missing, thanks so much for asking about me :hugs:

Well, still no answers here. No AF, now 2 1/2 weeks late. End of last week (Friday i think) started getting nauseous quite a bit, dizzy, tired. I did have an ulcer a few years ago (work stress) and still take meds for that if it acts up, so it could be that again (now AF stress lol!). It's been about a week since I've tested, not wasting anymore money there. Hormones feel all over the place since Sat night. I've cried 3 times since Sat night, which is very rare for me, I'm just not a crier. Dan's been nice about it (although I'm sure I was quite annoying yesterday :haha:) saying dont worry, this is def your hormones! I'm probably going to call obgyn today and hopefully get appt for next week and request an exam and blood test.

Had so much to reply to, but now my mind is going blank.

I am a vegetarian as well, have been since I was 16. Reason was my love for animals. Dan is not, but his wedding present to me was to not cook meat in our home (everything excluding fish). We've discussed it quite a bit, even before Blake arrived, if our kids would eat meat or not. I am very against giving LO beef for sure, and Dan agrees. (I have a soft spot for cows. That's what happens when you take a little girl to a small very humane family dairy farm every summer near her grandma and let her spend hours petting calves. Lol)
I would prefer it if LO didn't eat any mammals at all, and Dan's pretty much in agreement on that now. :happydance: He's noticed how much better he feels, the less cow/pig he eats, even though he's 6'5" and works out a lot (more weights than say running). He used to think that was the only way to get protein, especially for a man. Oh, that's right the gender thing...now I remember another topic!

So, anyway, Blake will be vegetarian + fish for at least the beginning of his life. Of course, he can make his own decisions down the road.

Love the second Monday of Wimbledon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"