any other over 35 first time mums?

Storm - I'm so sorry about the ms. Glad the meds helped a little, but I really hope it doesn't last too much longer for you. :hugs:

Charlie - those pics of little S are so adorable! I think that may be the first pics I've seen of her. She is so cute!

Thank you ladies for the Facebook invites! I actually just joined a bit ago to keep in touch with some other Feb 2013 due date moms. I'm Jaime, and I'll try to include a link below to find me. It's me if you see 2 pics of my kitties. Dont have much on there, still trying to convince Dan to let me put pics of Blakey on there (getting closer). When I have a chance to get to my computer, I'll try to post some of me and Blake on this thread so you can see us! :)

https://www.facebook.com/jaime.miller.942

Clio - I have an iPad too and love it! Blake is already starting to get interested in it. He absolutely loves the gummy bear song, we play it for him off YouTube. I just said to Dan last night, I wonder how soon Blake will want his own iPad? :haha: I know the ginger kitten app you're talking about - I have the T-Rex one of the same series I think. He roars at you and fetches a bone and talks in a low growly voice. I love it, so funny! Check it out if J likes funny voices.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning to see the nurse/re: blood tests and will ask her to do my thyroid, so hopefully, will know tomorrow or maybe Wednesday if it is the thyroid. If so, it's easy to resolve with an increased dosage (and boo! to the chemist who said it was proably early menopause - I've been reading that loads of people assume thyroid problems are menopause, which means weeks/months of unnecessary suffering when it's actually thyroid!)....so still bloated, no AF (due the end of May!), excessive sweating, and another sore throat (which turns out might be swollen thyroid gland - if so, then it all makes sense....grumble)!

Terrible night with LO last night - he just wouldn't go to sleep last night and finally after 2 hours of trying, I suggested to my OH that if it was my night, I'd simply go to bed and put LO in next to me in the hope that he would fall asleep, which my OH did and LO did sleep a little, but me thinks OH didn't sleep much at all....

I agree that BLW seems to be good developmentally, although we did start with TW, but LO had other ideas as he was reaching for food and would actually refuse to eat any food that was spoon-fed (I did use organic jars and packets) but wanted ours so I just make sure he is eating what we do (and I cook every night, but it's simple stuff like veggies or grilled meat (I wrap salmon or cod or chicken into tin foil with a little oil/butter and herbs), then he can eat what we eat and eat by himself. Last night, we all had some ice-cream, but LO was more interested in using the spoon himself, and although he did get some in him, more was on the floor - oh, well - that's what bath-time is all about!

hugs to all! bye!

Hi ladies,

Hope you are all doing well.

Kitty: strange that your AF has not come yet and no bfp :shrug:! When I got my period I got it every month once started gain. I wonder if could be your thyroid too :shrug:?

Charlie: little s sounds so cute eating all these different foods:). I have to say I hate Indian food!!! I tried once and almost died :haha:!!! I was so overwhelmed by the spices I couldn't stay in the restaurant anymore. I thought I was going to pass out or something :haha:!!! Maybe because I was raised with not a lot of peppers I don't now. Although the north part of Brasil like some heat on their food. But not down south which is where I am from. I am actually doing a lot better with Mexican now. I couldn't stand salsa :haha:. Now I love it:). And okay I will try to find two houses with a pool here for you and angel:).

Clio: I once had a hot dog with wasabi mayo in it and again I thought I was going to die!! That wasabi went up my nose clearing my sinus like no tomorrow. I had 3 bites and I told OH I couldn't eat that anymore. So I ordered something else. I thought with my self who eats this thing? :haha:. Maybe you would like :haha:.

Storm: you poor thing. I wonder if it is a boy now? Although I have not had vomiting while pregnant with thiago and barely had nausea. Who knows.
Thiago had some strawberries today too and devour his like L:).

We had a good day yesterday with our friends with their 3 kids coming and visiting. I love those kids:). Thiago enjoyed it too and just had once instance of crying because their 2 1/2 year old daughter was playing with one of the 10 balls that thiago has :dohh:!! He tried to get that out of her and they both started crying :dohh:. But them later on thiago held her hand :kiss:. So cute.
And the weather had been lovely since yesterday!!! A cold front came in and now in are in the low 90s!!! :happydance:. Believe me it feels so much Better than 110!!! I think we will have theses Tempetures this whole week:). So lots of bike riding and walking around the neighborhood.

SK - glad you have an appt tomorrow, hopefully you'll have some answers soon!

Borboleta - I know, it is strange. I've always been so regular before. Maybe I'll look up thyroid, and see if I have any other symptoms. Nice Thiago got to have fun with your friends LOs. He sounds so sweet! Oh my, when you're happy it's in the low 90's you must have been sweltering before! I can only handle up to about 84, then I start wilting :haha:. I couldn't handle the heat in the south. Was it very hot where you lived in Brasil?

Kitty that is so strange about af, I would have tested a hundred times by now.. hope you get an answer soon!

Sk I also hope you get some answers at the drs, my friends mum went through menopause at 36! An answer would be good. You have also put me in the mood for cod and I hate fish!

Borboleta that is so funny about T, I was at the shops with my dad and L on Saturday and she saw,a ball she wanted and because I wouldn't let her have it she lay on the floor kicking and screaming... I was embarrassed but she sure as heck still didn't get it!

Tonight was a big night for us, goodbye high chair hello booster seat, she loved it.. I think I will keep the highchair for now just incase :)

Oh and Borboleta I don't look pregnant just fat :)

Kitty I've added you on fb too, I can see Borboleta beat me to it :)

Nice to hear from you Kitty-Love, love Wimbledon too :) bit sad Rafa is out :sad2: hey I'll get over it, but i do love to watch him play!

You know about your AF, i don't know if you have had a regular cycle since having Blake, but it is very common for AF to take quite a while to re establish itself, even if you're not breastfeeding. So a lot of women regardless of FF or BF can take over 6 months to get back to normal and it's pretty normal to have AF with no ovulation for the first few cycles, especially 6 months post partum. I have no idea if this is what is happening with you, :shrug: but it may explain the randomness of the mystery AF??

Borboleta, keep me posted on the house hunt please :happydance: oh i love the heat. i reckon your weather must be a bit like Arizona. I have a good friend who married and American and now lives in Phoenix...i love going there to see her and that dry heat, seriously i should not be living in the UK! Loved your story of T getting upset about sharing 1 of his 10 balls :dohh: bless him. We were with a 3 year old who loved Sophias miffy ball, she didn't mind, that'll change soon enough!!

Storm, Sorry the meds aren't helping at the moment. Did someone hint it could be a boy?? or the other possibility of worse symptoms meaning double trouble!!:oneofeach: !!!!

Good to hear that L is such a good eater and loves her fruit too. I also don't eat food that i don't want sophia eating in front of her. Her little face looks at that biscuit with such a sad yearning that you feel so mean, so i sneak into the kitchen for my unhealthy moments....still feel mean!!

Clio, i will try soaking broccoli for S.

I got my ice lolly holders in the post today so am going to make some mango smoothies now :thumbup:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7396/9187581738_20275fe3e5_t.jpg

Happy Canada Day to me! I can't believe you all forgot.

Clio - I have an iPad too and love it! Blake is already starting to get interested in it. He absolutely loves the gummy bear song, we play it for him off YouTube. I just said to Dan last night, I wonder how soon Blake will want his own iPad? :haha: I know the ginger kitten app you're talking about - I have the T-Rex one of the same series I think. He roars at you and fetches a bone and talks in a low growly voice. I love it, so funny! Check it out if J likes funny voices.

Thanks! I'll have to check that one out; he loves making strange sounds, so it sounds like he'd really enjoy it! I like how they're so easily downloadable, and then erased if they suck. Gina the Giraffe or whoever never captured J's attention. I think he likes Ginger the Kitten because he sees him as a baby, too. Plus, he's known a cat his entire life and I figure he doesn't think a conversation with a kitten is odd at all. I assume from your name that you're a cat lover, too :) ; did you tell us yet if the cat is taking well to Blake, or Blake to the cat? Or is it cats?

So I'm sitting in my basement, alone, because OH took J out for the Canada Day festivities with Oma and Pake, and my joint has been taxed beyond belief for four days in a row now, and I can't go. And I'm in my basement on my extremely uncomfortable old couch because OH booked carpet cleaners for today, and I can't go upstairs for the next 3 hours.

Ooooh, but did I ever marry a stingy old Dutch man! Grrrrr. He expected the guy to just come in, steam clean the floors, and leave, costing us $100 . I expected the guy to come in, steam clean, treat with anti-bacterial spray, and then Scotch Guard the living room and stairs and upstairs hallway, for, well, quite a bit more than $100. Then we had a very heated "discussion" in front of the guy (and anyone in the vicinity who had their windows open because we were in the back yard) about if this was really necessary, and I finally shut him down with "Fine. I'll pay for it." I mean, come on. We don't have the money to replace this carpet--it's Berber and in really good shape from the previous owners. So I'm Scotch Guarding the thing! And anti-bactieral is a no brainer. Ah, I never thought I'd live in a house with carpet... Or linoleum...

Borboleta that is so funny about T, I was at the shops with my dad and L on Saturday and she saw,a ball she wanted and because I wouldn't let her have it she lay on the floor kicking and screaming... I was embarrassed but she sure as heck still didn't get it!

Tonight was a big night for us, goodbye high chair hello booster seat, she loved it.. I think I will keep the highchair for now just incase :)

:rofl: Lydia! You are a serious nut job! Storm, she sounds so wonderful! Oh, and hooray for the booster seat!!!!

Oops sorry Clio, Happy Canada day :)

Charlie the meds are helping, believe me its a big improvement, but they just aren't the magic cure all, which I never expected anyway :) a rather irritating side effect is a super dry mouth, never had that before and its annoying.. Tonight I was making zvinska for dinner tomorrow and the smell set me off! Arghhh I still need to cook! Oh please don't say twins.. first time round I would have been thrilled, this time I would be financially crippled :(

L fell off my bed again tonight, she ran in after her bath, jumped up, starting chucking things on the floor and promptly fell off and landed on her head, poor pet hit a plug and has a light scratch oh her shoulder and back. She squealed blue murder and then after about 5 minutes we could hear the crying had changed, I kid you not she was faking it for more sympathy! By the time we got downstairs she had forgotten about it again. How I'm going to keep her in one piece is beyond me!

And yes Clio she is a nutter, actually if anyone asks me how she is I usually answer with 'nuts'...

I got my ice lolly holders in the post today so am going to make some mango smoothies now :thumbup:

What a coincidence! Once I showed Oma how much J loves mango and that it is pretty mid-range, GI-wise, she has tossed the sweets she keeps for all the grandchildren, and now gives them mangoes and other frozen fruits, like berries, for snacks, and mango smoothie popsicles for dessert! She's going to have to start mixing it up soon, though. The kids will soon develop a great aversion to mango. But it's also a relief for me to see that she isn't giving him NumNums anymore.

Kitty--are you still planning to BLW? And your AF still hasn't come? It'd be interesting to hear what your OBGYN will say.

Ach, I was all ready to go upstairs because it's supposedly dry now, but then saw that the couch and love seat are in the dining room, covered in all of our papers and knitting and laundry and stuff. So I'm back down here. I think I need to go visit Amazon to make myself feel better.

Good morning ladies :) Sorry for my absence. I've been busy with mum and things. She is still here but is leaving towards evening.

There are too many pages to catch up with for me so I will just try and comment on a few things I remember off hand. So if there is something that you wanted me to particularly answer, please remind me? :flower:

But first I just wanted to say that I am in agreement with all of you about hunting for pleasure. I have argued and pleaded with my father about this for so many years. He invariably responds that I lack the right chromosome to be able to understand this instinct- and he also always implies that all men who are not into hunting, are not real men btw. (Btw, my brother who is an ace shot, hates killing animals and used to miss on purpose when he was forced to go with our father in the past. I don't think our father ever caught on though, thankfully.). The subject of hunting makes my blood boil on so many levels. But it is useless to argue and downright impossible to reason with my father on any subject. He will always either deflect with a stupid joke or put on the poor persecuted father act who did everything wrong but was good enough to pay for college fees etc. :growlmad: It leaves one a bit stumped and so so frustrated and angry. So enough of this now. :flower:

Charlie I meant to say your daughter is beautiful and looks utterly adorable!
The ice lollies sound wonderful! Do you have a link for a recipe so that maybe we can have a go too? My boys have had a few licks of my ice cream the other day but I think a fruit one would be so much better and I don't want it to be come a habit either! :thumbup:
And about meeting up with you and Claire, I would absolutely love to! But please can we wait till the allergy around my eye has healed a bit more cause at the moment I look too awful and I admit I am a little vain and want to make a nice and well kempt impression. Not being able to wear makeup when meeting you lovely girls is killing me in thought lol

Which reminds me, Clio I always tell my boys how beautiful and cute they are, so for some silly mums like me that is definitely not just for girls :blush:
I loved the pic of J with his goatee! He can totally pull that off lol He is a cutie! See, there I go again. How superficial I turned out to be lol :blush:
Oh and happy belated Canada Day :) Sorry I wasn't aware that this was then.
Hope your house is done now and all lovely and fresh! :D

Storm I am glad the meds are helping a bit at least, though I had hoped it would be better. I don't think you are in danger of twins just cause you are sicker this time round, as I was never that sick. Just felt really nauseous all day till 14 weeks. So very sick doesn't equal twins :) When is your scan, do you have a date already?
And I agree, Lydia sounds wonderful! So full of character! But I bet she can be a bit much at times. My mum said that both my brother and I used to throw ourselves on the floor in shops too, though possibly not quite at so young an age. :haha: And once when I did it, an old lady came up to her and said Aren't you ashamed to let your child cry like that?! My mum said Do you want to have her?! LOL Poor mum. My brother and I are only a year and 5 days apart and I think always such a handful, as we never stopped fighting! Good thing that L and your new bean will be slightly further apart in age I think. And possibly bean will be as laid back as L's cousins. :)

Kitty weird that your AF still hasn't come back. Maybe you should have it checked out after all? I hope it isn't anything bad and maybe you just skipped one month. :hugs: Thank you for adding me on FB. Your kitty is lovely :D

Sabrina good luck today with your doctor's appointment. I really hope they will run those tests for you and not stall you.

Borboleta sounds wonderful that you have so many friends with children :) And T holding the little girl's hand does sound adorable :D
I also wanted to say that the housing prices in Texas sound wonderful! But the medical insurance would probably cripple us. Not to mention the heat :haha: I hope your "cold" weather front is holding for a few days :) Btw here in Britain it very rarely gets to 90F! We have been congratulating ourselves for a delightful summer's day when the temperature rises to 75F lol

As for us: We got the new sofa yesterday! And it is super comfy! We watched an episode of Dexter (SOOO addicted now!) after I dropped my mum off at her hotel and it was amazing to both be able to have our legs up :D But I shall miss snuggling close to my man. lol
Anyway, Dominic manages to get up it but Sebastian is struggling as it is a bit higher than the old one.
I have a doctor's appointment today too as my allergy around my eye was so bad last week that I looked like I was hit on the eye. But it is not only really puffy but also scaly and dry :cry: Naturally it is much better now that I finally have an appointment and my doctor is going to think I am a whiney baby but I have had this allergy for over 3 months now! So it surely isn't nothing. Mind you, she will probably not be able to help and just tell me to leave off wearing make up and put on hydrocortison, which I already tried and which I actually think made it worse. Sigh.
Got to go and feed my boys their brekkie. Hope all are well and sorry again for not replying to all. xx

had the bloods this am -- the nurse thought it odd as well all the post-virus thyroid symptoms and also suggested that it sounded like it was thyroid, so cross fingers and that is something easily sorted. Also, she thought my throat did seem a bit swollen, which might indicate that the thyroid is slightly enlarged, which may have caused my sore throats/losing my voice AND not having your period when it had been okay for a year on the thyroid meds (26 to 33 days, but much better than before when it was 21 to 44 days!) was odd....

LO didn't sleep great last night again - he did fall asleep around 10ish, but woke up around 11 and 12 screaming, so I gave him some meds and a bottle and loads of cuddles, and as he was with me, just brought him into bed and we both slept a little. OH dropped him off at creche and Finn wasn't happy - we hadn't given him meds since he seemed okay, but I think he prefers me to drop him off (I stay for a few minutes and get him settled), but today I had to catch the train to the doctors before work. Poor baby....I hate teething!

angel - I figured that making the doctor's/nurses' appointment would cause AF (like you and your eye and getting an appointment to have it checked out), but in my case, nope.
borboleta - I HATE over 90 weather - not sure about Texas, but in Virigina/DC area, it get so hot and humid - perhaps it more dry heat in Texas than humid, but I hate humidity! Do you also get wildfires? My mum moved to Arizona a few years ago and we are watching the news about the horrific fires (they are about 100 miles north of Phoenix), but very scary and sad.
clio - happy Canada day yesterday! This year I will be working on the 4th of July, which will be strange...It's days like this that I regret that LO won't know about the parades, the fireworks, the BBQs at my grandparents, etc., which although I am 'american' with a little 'a' are part of me....oh, well!

Feeling a little homesick, but will do some hot dogs and drink some beer!

bye!

Angel: Here are a couple fo options for you to live close to me :).

https://search.har.com/engine/2813-Crossvine-Cir-The-Woodlands-TX-77380_HAR447432.htm

https://search.har.com/engine/15-Avalon-Oaks-Pl-The-Woodlands-TX-77381_HAR14247794.htm

These are just a quick search. I didnt look how much can you get for a $500.000,00 home downtown Houston ( which is more expensive). That will be my next search:).

Hope your doctor's appoitment goes well.

Clio: Happy Canada Day!!! We are having the 4th of July (independence day) this thursday. Since little t goes to sleep so late we will take him to see the fireworks. And I totally agree with you on the carpet cleaning :thumbup:.I bet it looks nice.

Charlie: What are you doing in the UK if you like heat :haha:? Can you move to Sri Lanka? That is why you got a bit of the heat and spice from you man :haha:. Where are I am from Brasil ( the south ) it gets hot in the summer but is a dry heat. Here is sooooo humid!!!! You step outside and need to take another shower. That is why now is feeling so lovely because there is no humidity :happydance:.

Kitty: I hope your appoitment goes well:). And I guess i just answered your question about the heat in the south of Brasil. It is hot but dry but on the winter time is cold and wet. It snows some places too. And with no heating or air conditioning it is tough!!! I got so spoiled here!!!

Sabrina: I bet you is your Thyroid than. Well at least like you said you can take meds for it and be good again. Dont you hate all this little changes that happen to us as we age :growlmad:. And yes, can we see a picture of Finn:).

Storm: I would LOVE to meet L :haha:. She is a little monkey isnt she. I bet she can worn you out but she is the life of the party:). She is a tough little cookie:). And thiago does this fake cry too. It is hilarious :haha:!!!

Well, I have a busy day. Had to sub a class for a lady this morning, have a Lovely Massage and Facial scheduled for this afternoon ( mother's day gift from OH), then I have to train a lady, teach my class but thank godness I dont have to sub another class after that ( another instructor offered to do it!! I love her!!!:haha:). I am soooo looking forward to the massage and facial!!! I have been having this neck pain so this is going to be a treat!!! Although now I wished I had scheduled this another day cause I have to teach a weight class after that so it will tense up my muscle all over again. Oh well, at least i am going to be relaxed for 2 hours:). I want to go see a chiropractor but have to wait a little more.

Borboleta you need to find angel more expensive house, don't forget her 500k is British pounds so she should have about what 800 thousand dollars... :)

I so wish I had that money rather than have it tied up as it is lol. But the houses you found are lovely Borboleta. I cannot believe how much space there is! Two little boys would have a wonderful time making a mess in a house like that! :D

758,000 us dollars... Wow...

yeah, I could buy two of my brother's large studio apartment in NYC or a one bedroom in his building (8th and 23rd, e.g. Chelsea).....hehehehe!

or an entire city/town in Ireland now with the fall in house prices here!

.........stroppy LO after his nap, but it comes and goes....

Borboleta - take some pictures of the fireworks for me - I do miss that bit (and the food and the drink and the parades, etc...), I always feel a bit homesick around the 4th!

bye!

Borboleta, I will have the 1st house please!! OMG that is the same as my flat in value!! Craziness! Sophia and Charlie would love it and I could swim every morning :thumbup: yes maybe we should move to Sri Lanka, but don't think I could handle the nutty drivers over there! However I do have dual British, Australian nationality, so who knows, maybe if OH likes it when we go there this September?? But he doesn't like the heat so not holding my breath! However I must say, having lived in hot countries I don't think anyone any where appreciates the sun like us Brits, so on those random days, the UK is a great place to be. How was your massage, shame you can't just relax after though. I also have a bad neck, I think it's my posture when carrying and picking up Sophia all day. As well as my ginormous boobs at the moment :growlmad:

Well the smoothies were a great success today :happydance: Angel they are easy to make just put some fruit, yogurt and milk in a blender and mix it up. I bought some an annabel Karmel ice lolly holders that you put the mix in then freeze. I think I'll do a berry one next. Angel, yey for new Sofa :happydance: I am happy to wiait until your eye has healed for us to all meet. Hope it heals soon for you, what did the Doc say?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->