any other over 35 first time mums?

Hey ladies, its teatime and I'm waiting for my mw appt, I'm dying to go to the loo yet I've been twice! Must be nervous LOL, silly me.

No signing from us unless you count watching Mr tumble on tv! Now I feel like a.bad parent as I don't know any sign language and only speak English! I don't think French gcse from twenty years ago counts anymore :)

Oh man another 20inutds to wait and I'm so nervous! Might go and try and find a toilet....

Byeee

Storm: how exciting :happydance:!! Can't wait to hear about your appointment:).

Woohoo its a baby and thankfully only one! A little wriggler too by all accounts, scan pictures aren't great but I get another scan in 2 1/2 weeks :)

Very happy for you Storm :D Would love to see a pic but understand if it is too blurry then i'll wait of course! :) And in 2 weeks bean will be so much bigger and more baby like already. :D Was your DH with you?

Mac is still not well. They only got the tool to open it up today so will take a while yet :(
Oh and as for being 41 and feeling too old for another, I am 43 and got pregnant with the boys at 41. It is in no way too old! :) And if we could afford another, I wouldn't hesitate even now :)

Hope all are well. Sending :hugs:

Leeze- was the animal place good then?? I'm not too far from there. I live in between jct 17/18 on the m25. Df wants to take Lucy to somewhere like this so recommendations are great.
:winkwink:

Yes, definitely go. Was brilliant. Probably best avoided during school holidays. Lots of animals to look at plus lots of play areas that are suitable for toddlers. Take a swim nappy for outdoor paddling pool with slide etc and make sure you got socks too as you need to wear socks in soft play. Food options weren't great but you can take a picnic XX

Hello ladies, back from Holland where the sun was shining but it was nice a cool! I feel like I have landed in the Middle East!

I have nit had a chance to read through everyones posts and am off to bed now as tired and hot. but i have read this page and yey for one baby in there Storm!

Oh and got AF back while away so maybe be more TTC this way soon :)

Night x

nothing much here - spoke to my mom today and decided to let the holiday stuff go for a bit, e.g. not stress and will look at flights in a week or two OR might just go to Vegas instead (after a few days in NYC) and drive to my mom's, but that would really annoy my dad - hehehehe!

LO was in much better spirits today - last night was the worst I have ever seen him, e.g. temper tantrums all over and completely inconsolable, but also, he can be such a prima donna as well, so me thinks we have a budding actor as well. Today, I found a wonderful solution to his bubble addiction, I rinsed a used bubble container and the wand and he was more excited taking the wand out than any bubbles and even sat for a good ten minutes or so exploring and he loves his books, so we spread those around. Only a little cranky and no bitings at creche (it's like that sign at the beginning of the Simpsons regarding accidents?)....

age and pregnancy - as the oldest here -- don't despair either side of 40, remember I got lucky naturally with my healthy, happy and only slightly crazy now 17 month old at the ripe old age of 44. So it is possible! I wish I was a young 42/43 again -- I would definitely try again! and although we were pre-IVF, e.g. that month was the first injections, wouldn't have cared either way!

must go to sleep as am tired. It's amazing how active LO is -- he only crawls now when he MUST get somewhere fast (e.g. a sleeping cat) as he doesn't trust himself entirely to run, but oh, yes, he is Mr. Walker now (we tried with the ball like Thiago, but nope, rather likes to throw than kick!)....

odd question - storm -- are you from belfast originally? I know that Borboleta, myself, angel and clio are all transplants (although clio is from within the same country) (if i forgot anybody, sorry)...so it looks like some of our group are raising our LOs in different countries/areas than we ourselves...do you find it odd (remember my comments about missing 4th of July)....

must go to bed! bye, hugs, etc!

Congrats Storm! I love seeing the scan pics, too....even if they're blurry...but I guess I can wait 2.5 weeks....:coffee:

Sabrina....thanks for being older than me....:haha:

Borboleta....lol @ your DH running in the rain....:rain:

Tough day....teething (& moaning)...when I finally managed to get clothes on him so we could get out of the house for a while, he fell asleep in the car (after a dose of Tylenol). So, I drove around for an hour listening to music & I'm embarrassed to admit....it was bliss!

:hi: & :hugs: everyone!

storm - :happydance::baby::happydance:

sabrina - I'm transplanted too! and I do find it odd, and my worst fear is that he'll reply in English even if I speak to him in Spanich :nope:

indigo - I'm older than you too :winkwink:

for those that wanted to see Gael - this is not how he normally looks like, but...

https://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b482/k0shka/PituandPuss_zps4295a853.jpg

:haha:

Kosh: oh my godness he is so cute :kiss:. His eyes do look like boots eyes. :kiss:. And his skin ... He should be in a baby lotion commercial :haha:. Too precious. He too got so big!

don't know how many of you are by the beach, but I just saw this in a thread and wanted to share. really scary

https://earthchicknits.com/2007/07/16...es-of-my-life/

don't know how many of you are by the beach, but I just saw this in a thread and wanted to share. really scary

I couldn't open:(.

Here's Niko in his jammies.

I made organic blueberry & apple popsicles, so N is in a better mood today. :thumbup:

I hope everyone is well!

Ladies I swear us older moms make the best looking kids :)

SK I'm born and bred in NI and so is hubby (although he travelled the world in the RAF), although I often wonder why people would actually choose to live in Ireland ;)

L is drinking her bottle in her baby swing seat watching in the night garden, ah 5 minutes peace... She is shattered, they were outside all day today so I'm hoping she sleeps!

Catch up more later :)

Nothing there :shrug:

What was it about? I'm at the beach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back