any other over 35 first time mums?

trying again

https://earthchicknits.com/2007/07/16/the-worst-five-minutes-of-my-life/

---
eta
I've just tried it and seems to work now

Thanks Leeze. Your little lady is beautiful!

Wow Kosh....I never even heard of such a thing.... Thanks fir posting!

nothing much here....noisy neighbours appear to have gone away on holiday and the lack of noise is fantastic!

last night, LO had a slight rash on his leg and OH mentioned chicken pox, which scared me - fortunately, this morning, it was all gone and LO was in good spirits, etc., no pox yet and me thinks heat rash?

it's going to be about 26-29 C here today and tomorrow and everybody is now complaining that it's too hot - LOL!

hugs!

Ah lovely pics. Kosh, is your OH also Argentinian?

Very scary about the sand holes, am off to Australia next month, so thank you, not that Sophia will be digging by then but still!

How are all you UK ladies and your LOs coping in this heat? I'm pretty much staying in with Sophia as she doesn't drink or feed well when out, so think staying put is the best. She seems fine though, slept well and having a lovey long nap, wish I could sleep as well as she can in this weather!

Clio, Jonah and Sophia, arranged marriage :haha: they do sound similar in many ways, I hope when Sophia is J's age she entertains us as much as he does you, I would love to have a little toddler like J! Sophia currently loves her balls, particularly her aunts one which is a Sesame Street stress ball, we stole from her place in Holland. She never lets it go, even to bed! Makes crawling practice a bit challenging!

Borboleta, any news about your OHs interviews? All sounded very promising.

SK yey for neighbours on holiday :thumbup: I know us Brits are awful at complaining about the weather! I normally love this weather but not so much with an 8 month old as can't really do too much.

Hope everyone else is well x

My Dominic is walking! :D Yesterday he took his first two unaided steps and today he went to at least four (probably more but they were sort of really short and I am not sure how to count them lol). Ok so he still sits down after that but he did it several times and he is so proud of himself! And I am so proud of him! :D Had to come and share :D

Yey for a walking Dominic :happydance:

Sophia had a milestone moment today too, she said her first word, mama and 3 times. She has said it randomly before, but today was looking at me with her arms open reaching for me, so to me that's now a word :cloud9:

Woo hoo Dominic, congratulations little buddy, that's brilliant news!

Aww Charlie that's great about Sophia, mama was Lyds first word too and I was ever so proud :)

SK L has had lots of heat rash, on her bottom, back, shoulders etc.. I find 2.5ml of piriton really helps before bed.

We aren't doing brilliantly in the heat, we end up with a tired grumpy baby who spends most of her time playing with water in the garden :)

As for me, I'm huge! The bloat is immense and I have this huge hard belly! Given bubs is the size of a kumquat its all me. I bought a dress a week ago for a wedding on Saturday and it doesn't fit! Arggghhhhhh

Charlie: yeah Sophia!!! That is so cute!! She is very smart indeed:).

Angel: Dominic walking :happydance:!! Can we see a video of that? What does seb do when he sees Dominic?

Question: do any of your LOs sleep with a pillow? I was wondering if thiago is getting older enough for a pillow? When I rock him now to sleep I put a pillow under my arm and I think he likes how confortable it feels in his body.

I was thinking the other day, the not that long ago the most talked subject here was sleep deprivation!! Now it seems that things how calm down a little. Charlie and kitty looks like they have good sleepers in their hands:). I hope kosh and Claire are getting at least 5 hours of sleep during the night. Maybe our next big topic will be temper tantrums soon enough :haha:. I have to say though I do not miss the little baby time when we had to stay awake till 11 or 12am to give them their last feeding and them 2 or 3 hours later wake up again ... That was brutal!!!!

And OH did talk to another lady from that oncology company that he interviewed in Friday but till now no response :growlmad:!! It is making us crazy!!! She called on Tuesday just to interview him a little more I guess and she said that they would be making a decision either yesterday or today. I am praying to God constantly!! Sometimes I wonder if he forgot us, but them I look at thiago and think " no he did not forget us.". But it is not over until they say no we don't want you. So there is hope still. Maybe they are waiting till tomorrow to give the good news.

Went to the doctor and got my blood work results. My cholesterol is really high but my good cholesterol is super high too so he told me is a wash cause my good one cleans the mess that the bad one does to my arteries :thumbup:. My thyroid is normal :thumbup:. I just have vitamin D deficiency ( I imagine that most of us does this days) and an anemic ( and that explains why I am feeling a bit tired lately). He just told me to take vitamin d and iron supplements and I should be good to go:).

Little t is a bit crabby again with his teething. I actually got to stick my finger down his mouth and couldn't feel any teeth except something on the right side but nothing about to come out. And I could tell he loved it when I did that cause he was really biting on my finger while I was trying to escape the teeth :haha:. Hopefully they will be like his other teeth and just come quick once they start bothering him. Although I have read that the last molars should arrive between 24 to 33 months. But with thiago he will get them by 20 months :dohh:. Let the Advil party begin :haha:.

Wonderful news Angel!! Go Dom, go!!
That's very sweet Charlie! I'm still waiting for the arms out saying mama!! Lol

We have has the results through from Lucy's blood test regarding her egg allergy. Although she is still very allergic to egg, the test was to determine if she could tolerate egg in baked goods like cake and biscuits. The test was negative so they have said we can try her on a plain biscuit, but in the morning in a weekend ( I think because we would both be here if a reaction occurred and if we had to go to hospital at least it would be daytime and not sleep time??)
I find it odd though as they have given me no further advice on what to do if the biscuit test goes ok? Like how broad is the spectrum if goods she can eat?? I mean, I know what I'm looking for as I'm a chef, but still, I would have thought we would have been given more info?? I will have to contact her consultant to ask about this.

Angel, how is your eye these days?? Was thinking if you feel up to it we could try and organise a meet with Charlie?? Somewhere shady! Lol

Hugs to all:hugs:

Borboleta,hope your OH hears back today and it's good news.

Yes for meeting up Claire, lets try before the summer is out! Angel? Good news about Lucy's test so she can have baked things, but does sound like you need a bit more detail.

Angel, how many steps has Dom taken today? Is Sebastian close to following?

Sophia has decided to become am early riser at 5 am! For the last 3 days. I don't know if it's the heat? But I think it's more developmental as she wakes up an rolls, crawls ( sort of crawls!) sit up, shuffles to me and wakes me up with lots of slapping!! We co sleep with bed and her cot with side down! Think that the side will be going up this weekend!!

Anyway off to see some of the lovely ladies I met doing baby yoga and their LO's today. I haven't seen them since before I became sick, so 3 months now, looking forward to seeing all the babies together again :)

not much here - we've started the temper tantrums (he's a little too advanced, me thinks), and we are learning to say 'no' firmly and let him scream it out. When he suddenly realises that mummy is just sitting there, watching him (making sure that it is just a tantrum!), he rolls around and sits up and starts laughing - so he knows! The things he cried about were...not getting the knife I was using, not getting the scissors that daddy was using, the cats not staying in one place, the cats moving away too fast, throwing a toy behind the radiator and realising that the toy is behind the radiator, trying to suck on the batteries from the remote...um, it's fun....!

however, I think it's the heat that makes him a bit cranky as well...oh, well - he's learned how to open his bottles, sippy cup, etc...and then pours water on his legs, so that's his new skill....(we'd take him into the back garden, but OH needs to remove a bees nest....)

bye

ps. and yay for Dominic!

charlie - yay for S's first word!! :yipee: G is only now using mama in real context! (yep, at 18 months :dohh:)
his first word was 'water' :shrug:

Congratulations Dominic and Sophia!!!!

Angel--you must be so excited! :wohoo: It seems logical to me that Sebastian would follow soon, but these two are so different from each other...

Charlie--how fabulous! :happydance::happydance::happydance: J's first word was "up." And he said it to his grandfather. In fact, he said it to his grandfather weeks before we believed Pake. Poor J. He said his first word, and no one believed him. Anyway, "mama" is much harder to say than "dada," by the way. :winkwink:

So, we had an interesting experience yesterday. The 3 year old girl from across the street was playing with bubbles with her mother and they invited us to join. J rushes over and yells: "BUBBLE BUBBLE BUBBLE!!!!!" I had no idea where he had even picked up the word "bubble."

Once we were home again, I asked J if he wanted to play with our bubble bottle, and this was his answer: "BBB. Baby, bubble and bumblebee! BBB." And I just sat there, running that bizarre phrase through my head. Baby, bubble, bumblebee, BBB. Baby, bubble, bumblebee, BBB. :shrug: Then it hit me: he was repeating the "B" section of Dr. Seuss' ABC book! :dohh:

Turns out, he only knows "B." I tried other letters from the book, and nope. I can't wait until he learns "F" with its "Fiffer-feffer-feff."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->