any other over 35 first time mums?

not much here....

um....

?

hope all are well? (we are on almost one week since a creche biting....!)

bye!

rereading previous pages....(this is what happens when you don't have internet for a day or so at home.....!)

borboleta - haven't taken any pics - sorry....naps - but he usually takes a nap around 12 at creche and another around 4.30, but if he doesn't fall asleep by 5, then I take him up (I rock him to sleep for nap) and we do housework together!

funny bit - yesterday (sunday), I dressed LO in a red and white striped romper (very loose one-piece, no feet) and he was watching the hurling (Irish sport, like american lacrosse) and I suddenly realised that he was wearing the opposing teams' colours (cork) and the team my OH and I support (kilkenny, where he is from) LOST for the first time in 17 years and they won't be in the process at all (to the All-Ireland GAA Hurling final in September) for the first time since 1951...and all because Finn wore red and white stripes (and not yellow and black)....however, to be fair to Finn, my OH had forgotten about the game until I remembered and the best player for Kilkenny had already been sent off before we even changed the channel....!

bye!

re: reflux -- we had a few problems as well, and we used Colief, which helped alot.....

bye!

Hi ladies :wave: Can I join in?

My name is Mindy, I'm 36, and my LO is Finn. He's the love of my life along with my husband. We are completely and totally head over heels for him <3

hi too_scared (or shall we call you mindy?):hi:
nice to have new ladies joining in!
oh, and another Finn!
(sabrina, I too want to see an updated picture!)

Hello too_scared and welcome. I'm 37 with Lydia who is 19 months and a complete nutter and number 2 on the way :)

Hi everyone else, its Granda Bobs funeral this morning and I should be getting ready. I chickened out and put L in nursery but I'm going to go pick her up after the service will dh goes to the cemetery and bring her up for the coffee and tea etc... Should be plenty of kids around to keep her amused...

Ok time for a coffee ans get ready.. laters!

storm - sorry I must have missed that your grandad died :hugs:

HEY ALL oh caps lock sorry been doing accounts while both sleeping!!

hope all is good with everyone, sorry about your grandad storm x

Right going to try and catch up – Martha sleep in vot and mikeyboy asleep in swingy chair…not sure how long itll last lol

Kosh gorge pic!!

Storm hope your pg is going well x

Re reflux – Martha was on gavscon til she was 1, mikey is on it too, we tried ranatadin with Martha but it made her like a zombie so quickly took her off it

Re dtd – we have a few times but yuk condoms - hate them – dh needs to grow a pair and get the snip lmao

Ah mikey stirring……need to bath him while Martha asleep – its impossible when shes there lol

Thanks ladies, it was DH granda, I probably forgot to say! He died last Friday, he would have been 93 next week! My last grandparent died 25 years ago so dh is lucky to have had his so long!

:hi: Leeze and Rowan,
:hi: mindy, another Canadian to join Clio :thumbup:
Kosh, an thank you for emailing the lady you got that t shirt from, would be interested to know if she has any more for sure.
Storm, sorry about your OH's grandad but I hope the funeral was a fitting send off for a 92 year old, what a great age!

Sqiuggy, go for it if you want 3 at 35! Wouldn't worry what others say. I have a friend with 3 boys all under 3, it she lives in a madhouse, but had her first at 38 and last at 41. She literally knocked them out one after the other, so totally possible at 35 :thumbup:

Nothing much news here, I think we've had a few new developments now to last a while though! Sophia will be 9 months next week and she's already becoming less and less baby like, time goes far too fast :cry:

Hi everyone and thanks to Angel for birthday wishes.on here and to those who posted on Facebook. 41 today. Hoping to have another LO here or on the way by next birthday!

Had a big grump with OH this morning due to rough teething night and he promised go help out during night but slept through Kia screaming. Can anyone else's OH manage that?

Angel - that's so gross re the sick - glad you got an apology.

It was a few pages ago but someone.- Clio maybe - asked about signing. Kia started signing.for milk around 12 months and for water a couple.of.months later. She has only just started saying the words for milk and water so at least 8 months of signing milk. One of the best decisions I made to go to signing.classes. She also.can do the sign for.oucb and has told us about sore teeth and sore tummy. Both been really helpful. I'd recommend it to everyone. You don't even need to go to classes. You can buy a book on amazon or even a baby signing app! You just need to do the sign whenever you say the word. I think its really helped her speech too as it has given her more tools and more incentive to communicate.

Welcome to squiggy and Lady H. Everyone here is lovely and very welcoming.

Sorry again for the millionth time for not.more.personals and not such regular posting. Have so little free time these days but am thinking of you all. Hugs XX

Hi Leeze, it was me asking about the signing. We've been working on a few signs for months now. Blake doesn't sign back yet, but he def understands milk and all done (mommy and kitty just get a smile, but I'm not seeing the recognition yet). So excited to have someone to chat about baby signing!! :happydance:

How did you teach the ouch one? That sign sounds very very helpful! I'd love to hear more about your signing experiences with Kia, and any advice you may have.

charlie - the seller sold the other t-shirt already so I did a search for the brand and found this:
https://www.rockstarbabyshop.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=27.
a bit pricey though! I got it for £1!!

oh something else I keep forgetting - happy belated birthday leeze! :cake:

Hi Mindy! Welcome! Things are a bit slow right now, but for the most part, this is a very busy thread, and all the women are wonderful. I'm 41, and had my son Jonah at 39. Four months old is an amazing time, isn't it?

For everybody else, I'm sorry I've been MIA, but I have been reading along. I've been dealing with a lot of pain for the past little bit, and it's bringing me down; hence my radio silence. It's slowly getting better with rest, but there ain't much time for rest here. I'm also in the middle of a very stupidly complex process to get a medical mj licence. I didn't realize that because they're issued by the federal gov't, my province can't ban or ignore them. Nor can they ban Compassion Clubs, which are legal dispensaries and will allow me to buy the strains I need.

It's been so long, but I remember a few responses I had to people:

Angel--the story of Dominic and comparing the feet and hands to those in the book made me laugh! What a smartie and a cutie! And I see now what you mean about tearing books apart! Holy! :shock: And Sebastian and Pocoyo! J does a pretty spotty and often inaccurate rundown of the "friends," too. "Lula" is "Oooo-ah!", for example. However, he LOVES the listing of the friends. Have you seen Fred the Octopus yet? I think he is crazy funny, especially the episode with his "art."

Storm--I'm so sorry about your OH's Grandfather. :hugs:

Charlie--I bought the mole and poo book for my nephew's 6th birthday, which we're celebrating tomorrow. All the reviews were so great. I even got the long, impractical paperback version of it because apparently "it's got the clearest, biggest pictures of the poo." I'll tell you how it goes over!

Oh, this is what I meant to tell you: Congratulations on S crawling! Yay!!! :wohoo: J started crawling because he was chasing the cat, too.

SK--I'm glad there have been no biting incidents in a week! That must make you feel better. Is F still biting at home?

Sorry guys, that's all I remember for the moment. As for us, OH and I are in a spat right now. And frankly, I've gotten to the point where I don't even care. But I suspect this feeling is fuelled by pain, no rest from a toddler who has given up both naps, it seems, and, I don't know...boredom? Oh, I just asked him if we were still in a spat. Apparently we're not. Good. Problem solved.

J can count to two now, as in, he actually understands what "one" and "two" means. But he can still only recognize purple as a colour (half the time), can only identify circles and gets mad and makes me stop if I draw another shape. He takes the crayon or chalk from me, and gives it back with the solemn instruction: "Circle!!!".

His other great pastime? Lying in puddles. He loves to stomp in them, but at one point I looked away, looked back, and he was doing the snoring game in the middle of the puddle. And I thought: "I should probably get him up." And then I thought: "why?" and let him continue absorbing the entire puddle.

Okay guys--sorry that this was such a self-involved post. I now have to go and get letters from my GP proving my condition. Till later!

it's almost one week (last biting at creche was last wednesday)....! and yes, he tries to bite at home, but we are able (mostly) to stop him....and he is learning, e.g. he will be pulling my hair and I reach over and stroke his head and say, 'gentle, gentle' and he will start stroking my hair and stop pulling, (however, though he gets upset when he gets some of my hair in his fingers (but he hasn't quite grasped the idea that he has pulled my hair and that is why it is in his fingers....!)), but he is learning not to scream so much (temper tantrums) because after making sure he is okay, we try to ignore....! I've been reading the supernanny guide to toddler care, which has offered some good advice and info (now if I could just get Finn to read it!....I notice another Finn has joined! (Mindy's Finn!)...

hugs to storm and DH....!

in fact, hugs to all and now I must go and rest (got AF this month around the right schedule, but am suffering a wee bit from cramps and noisy baby syndrome, e.g. he sttn, but I don't because he talks in his sleep - honestly!).....

bye

Thanks for the welcome ladies :)

We are visiting my family in Toronto so they can all meet our little monster. We go home tomorrow. I can't wait to get back in our own bed. Not looking forward to the flight, though.

Sorry about your DH's grandad, Storm.

Clio, I hope you have less pain soon. 4 months is awesome! He will be 5 months old next week. He is more than awesome!!

Sabrina, yay for another Finn :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->