any other over 35 first time mums?

Oh, and we've got the seahorse. Kia loved it from about 3-5 months old then wasn't so fussed about it. More recently she's got into bashing it about but it doesn't seem to soothe her anymore. the only thing that soothes her at the moment is a booby filled with mummy milk!

and here's a recent photo, Kia playing the tambourine!!!! well, bashing it for a while anyway!

Attachments

• Kiarhythm.jpg
    Kiarhythm.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1
oh, i have a question - any of your LOs is a thumb-sucker?
Gael sucks his thumb on and off, like he can go without it for months and then he'll start again :shrug:

Gael sucks his thumb on and off, like he can go without it for months and then he'll start again :shrug:

Not really...he tries to stick his entire hand in his mouth instead...:haha:

We have the turtle, I still use it but it seems now it just distracts him as he crawls down the cot to see what the lights are. We don't use the noise or sounds just the lights.

Nope no thumb sucking here yet.

Post pregnancy body, mine is terrible, I didn't know a stomach would be like that...over hang like a damn trucker. I am living in sundresses and tights and mat pants. I am not doing ,uh to help myself though.

Them they just shrunk :growlmad:

So did mine! :growlmad:

I also still have my linea negra. When will it go away? :wacko:

When does the hair loss begin? I'm hoping to dodge that bullet. :nope:

I weigh less now than pre-pregnancy, but I looked better before. I can't pinpoint exactly what is different, but my body is definitely different now. :shrug:

I always lived so much in my head....but pregnancy forces you to pay attention to your body...so this has been a bizarre experience for me & it still is...I naively thought everything would immediately go back to normal once he was here. :haha:

My linea negra is not there anymore either. And the hair loss started st around 3 1/2 months :growlmad:!! Just now is slowing down a little and the baby hair is coming.

Glad to hear you LO is sleeping thru the night:)!!! :happydance:

No, thiago is a paci sucker :haha:. My niece was a thumb sucker and she just stopped sucking on her thumb was she was about 2 and she got a really bad cold and the poor thing couldnt breath very well so she had to stop the thumb sucking so she could breath thru her mouth.

:hi: ladies! :hug:

Clio - yes! He slept through the night 3 nights in a row! We still cannot believe our luck & are crossing our fingers that it isn't temporary.

This is my DH's favorite baby gift:

https://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Twilight-Constellation-Night-Turtle/dp/B000BNQC58/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

It projects constellations in different colors on the walls & ceiling of the nursery. My DH wants one for our room. :haha: Idk if N will like it because we are keeping him in our room for the first 6 months. I love all the Cloud b stuff. We also have the Lamb.

https://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Sleep-...e=UTF8&qid=1344711937&sr=1-4&keywords=Cloud+b

The seahorse got excellent reviews on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price...TF8&colid=1NW22IX62RXI6&coliid=I182KGFOH5P21H

Yayy to STTN again!!!

I just bought the turtle this afternoon. It's part of "Operation Get Jonah to Nap on His Own." I'm looking forward to using it tomorrow. If it doesn't work, then I'll return it and continue on my mission.

Them they just shrunk :growlmad:

So did mine! :growlmad:

I also still have my linea negra. When will it go away? :wacko:

When does the hair loss begin? I'm hoping to dodge that bullet
. :nope:

I weigh less now than pre-pregnancy, but I looked better before. I can't pinpoint exactly what is different, but my body is definitely different now. :shrug:

I always lived so much in my head....but pregnancy forces you to pay attention to your body...so this has been a bizarre experience for me & it still is...I naively thought everything would immediately go back to normal once he was here. :haha:

Linea Negra-- at least that's hidden. I still have pregnancy mask. I'm wondering if I have to exfoliate or something?

Hair loss happened at exactly 4 months. It took around a month, and stopped. I have tons of really heavy hair and loved the fact that it had fallen out. I have never felt so young and fancy free.

I suspect a lot of this has to do with the fact that you are really tired.

We have the turtle, I still use it but it seems now it just distracts him as he crawls down the cot to see what the lights are. We don't use the noise or sounds just the lights.

Nope no thumb sucking here yet.

Post pregnancy body, mine is terrible, I didn't know a stomach would be like that...over hang like a damn trucker. I am living in sundresses and tights and mat pants. I am not doing ,uh to help myself though.

Does he? And he's around the same age J is. I'm wondering if he'll fall for it or just get interested and all hopped up on it.

J is also not a thumbsucker.

I have avoided mirrors since J was born. I'm trying to completely forget what I look like. I won't let people take pictures of me, and if they do, I refuse to let them show it to me. I have simply put on too much weight...

im looking pretty pg again already! I always show early pah! im hoping that as my skin is still a bit stretched it'll not be as sore this time - got PUPPPS last time omg horrendous!

She is totally adorable Leeze! :D
I sometimes wish that Dominic would suck his thumb cause that would/might mean that he could self-soothe at night. He does like to suck his fingers but it doesn't calm him as his dummy does. I think we shall stick with the dummy for a while longer though I am still trying to show him that he can indeed fall asleep without it. He doesn't seem convinced of that as yet.
Last night was not as awful as others. We dreamfed them at midnight and Dom then woke me at 2:10 for no reason. I jiggled him a lil put the dummy in for a bit and took it out as he was falling back asleep. Then fed him at 4 and had to change him as he had sprung a leak. And then I fought Seb for almost an hour cause he still doesn't want to drink. Managed to get 130ml down him. Then was woken an hour later by Dom and he was soaked again so I changed him and lay down with him on the nursery bed for a bit till he dropped off again and then snuck off to my own bed where I had 40 mins of sleep. Now we are up and Seb drunk 100ml and will not have more. I am getting worried :(

I had mine for quite a long time, but I've just checked :)dohh:) and it's not there anymore!
:haha: You really JUST noticed? :haha:

believe it or not, I did have to check! I thought it wasn;t there anymore but I wasn't 100% sure :dohh:

oh, and totally forgot to say - yay to the 3rd STTN!! :happydance:
can we swap? :winkwink:
(had a terrible night and feel like sh*t today)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->