any other over 35 first time mums?

Sebastian, in the Ergo on the way out with Daddy
View attachment 457663

Fallen asleep on the way home :)
View attachment 457665

Dominic in the car-seat, ready to go out
View attachment 457667

Fallen asleep on the way home, eventually ;)
View attachment 457669

The outfit Dom is wearing is the same as in my avvie but these pictures were taken 2 days ago. It was hot again and I really like those short sleeved and short legged lil onesies :)

Oh wow! They are really beautiful.

Indigo! He's a superstar! J still doesn't sleep through the night and he's 8 months.

Oh wow. 8 months. That really did go fast...

Kosh--when are you going back to work?

Angel--oh my lord, that sounds crazy. But you and your husband take shifts--one night on, one night off--right? I think that's smart. Then you get to STTN.

Rowan--I really hope that it doesn't come on again. Poor you. :nope:

Pics:

Jonah and his father:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7140/7770207978_3627493922.jpg

Jonah's off to do hard time:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8425/7770209432_c65ffe5195.jpg

"Puh-lease. I know exactly how to use one of these.":
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8305/7770209914_605e34f2ac.jpg

And when I saw this one, taken by my husband, I was so taken aback at how much like a real boy he looked.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7122/7770208778_51e7960480.jpg

I have avoided mirrors since J was born. I'm trying to completely forget what I look like. I won't let people take pictures of me, and if they do, I refuse to let them show it to me. I have simply put on too much weight...

OMG I could have written that! I have not looked at myself in forever. In fact sometimes I get home and take a quick peek at my face and go wow...I went out like that! I have never liked photos of me, but now WOW I would smack someone if they took a pic. Id I can't look at myself, why should we document it.

Jonah is gorgeous thanks for the pics...he does look like a right little boy in that last pic....

I have avoided mirrors since J was born. I'm trying to completely forget what I look like. I won't let people take pictures of me, and if they do, I refuse to let them show it to me. I have simply put on too much weight...

OMG I could have written that! I have not looked at myself in forever. In fact sometimes I get home and take a quick peek at my face and go wow...I went out like that! I have never liked photos of me, but now WOW I would smack someone if they took a pic. Id I can't look at myself, why should we document it.

I know--I can't wait until fall again when I can wear only sweatshirts. Comforting and concealing. Oh boy, J has such a frump for a mother. Multicoloured hair and sweatshirts.

Awww....Jonah is adorable! :awww: I would let him stay up as long as he likes. :)

He does look like a grown boy in the last picture.

Sometimes I look at N & I can see him at any age....even as an old man...

So, Jonah has a cold. His slightly runny nose has turned into a fountain and he just woke up, completely miserable. So, bizarre behaviour from today explained. My husband rocked him back to sleep just now, but it's my night, so I suspect I'm not going to be sleeping much.

Can they breath through their mouths by 8 months? That was the problem with the other colds: he could only physically breath through his nose at the time. I hope he's outgrown that.

When can they have Baby Vics?

Can they breath through their mouths by 8 months? That was the problem with the other colds: he could only physically breath through his nose at the time. I hope he's outgrown that.

They can breathe through their mouths by 4-6 months.

Have you tried giving him a vapor bath?

https://vicksvaporbathforbabies.babylowcheap.com/products/johnson-s-no-more-tears-soothing-vapor-bath-B000YFRBUS.jpeg

My husband went and got the Baby Vics. He's trying to put him down again. He's pretty miserable, but I'm sure glad I bought that turtle. I used it to entertain him while DH went to the store. He LOVES it. Sadly, though, I don't think he finds it soothing--just the opposite, in fact.

I have been using Baby Vicks with Avery since 3 months but when he was really young I put it on his feet (bottom of his feet is supposed to work???) and only on the blankets he slept in. I think now I would put a bit on his chest. I remember the directions said to never put near their noses....

Hope he gets well soon!

All the pics are wonderful and adorable!!!

I still have my linea nigra!!! It has faded but still very visible. And my boobs are not the same at all. They are softer and less full and I feel more lopsided now. I went up to a size f in pregnancy and couldn't wait for them to go back down, but now I am totally unhappy with them. Oh well, time go get a good bra!

Beautiful pics clio!!! And I hope he is feeling better soon. No fun being sick :(

Thank you :) I love the pics of J! He is adorable and I love those eyes! They look incredibly blue in that last pic! Another yummy Paul Newman in the making? ;) And I so know what you mean about him looking suddenly like a real boy! I've said this about mine at times and it's like well yeah they never were baby giraffes lol so I am glad you too have that odd moment too lol
Your poor lil man though. I really hope he gets better soon as it's so hard when you cannot explain what is going on and they somehow hope you can help and make it better :cry: :hugs:

kosh I haven't checked the other thread yet but how did your night go?

angel - it was better, thanks, and yours? we had 2x 2 1/2 stretches :happydance: and then hourly wakes! :dohh: but at least we didn't have the par-tay in the middle of the night!
still, I am not feeling well since the other day, feel v down and upset. I feel I need to talk to someone, for the UK ladies, where would you ask for support? my HV is useless.

clio - Jonah is gorgeous! I know what you mean about them looking like a real boy, I have those moments too. how's he feeling now? i didn;t know you could use Vics on a baby! well, maybe next time...

Indigo - another STTN?? also, I'm really curious about your deleted posts now! :winkwink:

stranjegirl - my boobs are soooo not the same size, this morning I was A and F :dohh:

how's everybody else :flower:

Hi ladies :hi: can I join you? My little boy Conor arrived on 27 July. He's doing brill so far, eating like a trooper and not sleeping badly - last night he woke at 4 and then at 7.30. DH went back to work today :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->