any other over 35 first time mums?

You know Charlie you might enjoy work - work is my downtime where I get to spend time with other adults and be me and not just mummy.... I was really worried about coming back and it was SK I think who said I might like it and I was thinking 'yeah right' but she was right and I was wrong :)

Hi Marie! Just saw you viewing this thread...please join us, such a wonderful group. miss you :flower:

Charlie - I bet you're right about pms making things w S seem worse. That's how I usually can tell when my AF is coming, the day before everything, and I mean absolutely everything sucks. It's almost comical how crabby I get. Oh, and I also think I'm so fat and ugly :haha: Last month, I said to Dan, I feel so fat and ugly and I hate you, so I guess I better get the pads out for tomorrow :haha:

Clio - hope you're enjoying your stay with your parents. I'm big on nicknames too, one reason why Dan was so surprised I suggested Blake as its only one syllable and can't really be shortened, but Blakey works great for me for now. I also do Blakers and Blakester.

I remember reading you all talking about the many names you call your LO's and Angel's sweet phrase from her family and thinking wow, they have such sweet names! I do sweetums, sweetie, pumpkin, lovey, Blakey-poo, cutie pie, but then also a lot of stinky, stinky face, stinky butt, pukeface, bratface (Dan uses this one a lot)...lol!

Storm - oh my, you must be so tired! Sounds like me, I have a bad temper too, but then I'm usually over it quickly also. I'm sure our LO's will learn this quickly about us :haha:

Blake's naps are all over the place lately, too. The afternoon nap still is a constant, but the length now varies. Maybe early morning nap, maybe mid-morning, maybe little dinner-time cat nap? Who knows now? I just let him "tell" me what he needs when, and he stays pretty happy.

Feeding real food has not been going well. Everything comes back up. We've only been trying for about a month, maybe less, but days we try food, he's a little puke monster. Nothing really excessive, not getting dehydrated or anything, but multiple pukes every single time. We've tried sweet potatoes, peas, and applesauce so far. Sweet potatoes were the worst, lots of little pukes throughout the day and the following day. Thought the applesauce went down well yesterday, but after about 30-40 minutes, it all came back up and then more little pukes later in the day. Guess I'll just give him a break today and try again tomorrow?? Hoping his system just isn't quite ready and nothings actually wrong? Anyone else experience this at all? He's going to dr end if the week for his second flu shot, so guess I'll mention it.

Ok, so needed a quick shower while Blake was napping :)

SK - that's great your hubby is taking the sev package from his work. Sounds like a good move! Fingers crossed you get a job offer in North America that really fits you and that you'll enjoy! Funny how some still want you to actually post an application, maybe they have older people in charge who are not computer friendly?

Angel - cant wait to see your card drawings...Sounds like such a fun job!

Borboleta - YES! I'd love to meet up someday! Maybe we could do a North America meet-up when the kids are a bit older and SK is here. Maybe somewhere like Niagara Falls (Canada side)? Lots of fun stuff to do for kids and adults and cheap hotels, plus every kid needs to see Niagara Falls, right? I used to love that place when I was a kid! Ok, who am I kidding, I still love that place. Lol! It's been quite awhile since I've been there, although Dan and I did take a couple trips there as adults.

Hi Indigo, Kosh, Clairey! Hugs to everyone, need to get some laundry going.

Oh, real quick, last few nights I've been having very weird, vivid, scary dreams. Only time I ever had this before was when I was preg wih Blake?!? So, I'm a little hopeful this month...eek!

Oh kitty weird dreams.. that is a postive sign - any ideas when AF is due?

As for nick names poor L gets referred to as Bug a lot, it started off as Baby Bug and has gradually been reduced to just Bug. I hardly ever refer to her as anything other than Bug in text messages :) Poor child!

I'm not sure about the food thing Kitty I know some of the ladies on here did baby lead weaning, I didn't I did trained weaning and once she got the hang of it then let her feed herself and try whatever she wanted - we started with baby rice and baby porridge - pretty bland and milky. Now she is a great eater - last night she had chicken stir fry and tonight its lasagne. Gosh its hard to think back to the beginning but with her reflux we had many many spews!

In other news I had a phone call with HR today and it turns out you now get the bank holidays you miss when you are off and they back dated it to 2012! So I'm due another 9 days leave before Christmas - woo hoo! This will be incredibly handy for moving house (still not done that!) I'm almost excited :D

Storm - wow, good news on the extra vacation days, what a nice surprise!

I think I'd expect AF this weekend?

We are doing homemade purees, a tiny bit lumpy with formula mixed in, but maybe I should try the rice cereal first? Good to know L did well with that. I only didn't because my mom said that's what she started me on, and I am a very picky eater who likes a lot of white, bland, starchy foods. Especially funny for a vegetarian! :haha: Plus, I thought starting with veg would be good, but maybe I've skipped a step? Oh poor Blakey, his mommy is such a newbie to all this - lol!

Lol kitty I don't think there is a step to skip its all trial and error!

Hi ladies,

Storm: yeah for more vacation time :happydance:!! And you still have to move homes yet :dohh:!! Lots of things happening at your end :haha:. Oh well, one step at a time :winkwink:.

Kitty: I would love to go to Niagara Falls!!! I have never been there. I have been to the Iguacy Falls in Brasil but Niagara Falls is a lot closer :haha:. And we started with rice cereal too for at least 3 months before we started veggies. But don't take any advice from me because I probably have the pickiest eater in this group :dohh:!!
Hope your bad mood is pregnancy hormones :haha:!!!

Charlie: I feel your pain darling!!! I have moments too that I wish I could have one day just for myself. I could sleep in, have a nice quite breakfast, watch tv, go shopping, etc. but like kitty said I do think PMS is our worst enemy :growlmad:!!! I can feel mine is coming too!! By the end of the night I am just fed up! Yesterday I was late getting ready for my class, while my OH was having a nice glass of water and I was holding thiago thinking " can't you see I am late? Why don't you get the child off my arms :growlmad:!!!", but instead I try to plop him on the floor but he now squeezes his legs around my waist and didn't want to go down, so I just had to be mean and force my way out and he sarted crying while I ran upstairs :dohh:!!! Than daddy says come here thiago and I just went to get ready :growlmad:! But I could see that was a PMS moment :dohh:.
Toddlers go thru ups and down. Even though little t is a great napper and a pretty mellow child, he has his moments too. And you have a climber on your hands so extra work. :dohh:. As long as she knows how to get out of places where she climbed up you are good :thumbup:. :hugs:

Clio: welcome to the world of picky eaters :thumbup:!!!! Yesterday thiago had a pretty good breakfast which included ( two donut holes :dohh:, fruits, dry cereal and bacon); lunch was fruit again and grated Parmesan cheese ( :wacko:) and would not touch the pasta or the meat sauce and finally for dinner he had more fruit and just had a meltdown when I tried to shove some pad Thai in his mouth :dohh:!!! So I had to make a chicken nugget for him which after loads of crying he finally calmed down and ate the one whole chicken nugget :happydance:!!!! And a couple of veggie chips. I really don't know what else to do.
And the terrible twos. Hang in there girl. Thiago does the dead weight too when he is walking and wants to go some place else. Very frustrating :growlmad:!!!
Glad you are enjoying your family though :thumbup:. I bet your Oh is enjoying his alone time too :haha:. I would :haha:.

Sabrina: I forgot to say that you will have a great time having your OH to help with Finn:). I did when my OH was home too:).

Hello everyone else:)

Our one nap transition is going okay. Today thiago woke up at 6:15am so I decided to give him two naps. He was in great mood this morning but I thought it would be better for him to sleep more today. He has been going to bed at 8pm when he has one nap but the on nap has been only for about 1:45 min. The first day was a 3 hour nap. I hope when he gets used to he will sleep in till about 7 or 7:30am and then take at least 2 hours nap in the afternoon. I do like him going to bed at 8 pm though :haha:. Wonderful break but not much break during the day. Today he will probably go to bed around 10 pm if he takes his second nap which I hope he will.
OH is thinking about going to see a psychologist since he is having trouble sleeping at night. He has a little bit of anxiety and maybe either our family doctor or a phycologist could help him. But I told him that anxiety runs in his family. His mom ( although she will never admit), his aunt, his sister, his brother, his nephew they all have it. I told him that I think is from his need to be accepted by other people. And that comes from him growing up and having a mom that is very judgmental and nothing is good enough and a father that doesn't say much but when say things they are a bit judgmental too. My OH looks for perfection all the time!!! It must be really hard when you have this kind of personality. I wish he could just be happy with his own self.

Have a lovely evening ladies:).

Haven't read any posts yet but wanted to share that I got a job offer today!
I still can' believe it! :happydance:

Wahoo kosh! Great news.
One day I might be able to write a proper post, but for now I just wanted to say that can I ask you ladies to say a little prayer for my mum tomorrow as she has a big operation to reverse the emergency surgery she had last year and they will also be repairing a hernia at the same time too.
I'm dreading the hours of the actual op- I think they have estimated 3hrs in theatre?
I'm off to bed now to try and sleep.
Hugs to all.

Wahoo kosh! Great news.
One day I might be able to write a proper post, but for now I just wanted to say that can I ask you ladies to say a little prayer for my mum tomorrow as she has a big operation to reverse the emergency surgery she had last year and they will also be repairing a hernia at the same time too.
I'm dreading the hours of the actual op- I think they have estimated 3hrs in theatre?
I'm off to bed now to try and sleep.
Hugs to all.

You'll be in my thoughts claire :hugs: :hugs:

Clairey hope all is going well with your mum! Stressful day but hopefully a wonderful outcome for a lady that was so so so ill last year! xxx

Claire I am thinking of you and your mum today. I hope all is well she recovers super super quick! And when she does she will be so happy being rid of that contraption I am sure.
Lots of hugs to you all xx

Clairey - thinking of you and your family today <3

Kosh - wonderful news on the job offer! Is it something you'd enjoy?

Oh gosh ladies, I'm a bag of nerves right now. She has been in surgery since approx 9am and still no news from the hospital:cry:
I really hope there aren't any complications!:nope:
Xx

Oh Clairey, it's so hard to be the one waiting :hugs::hugs: I'm sure you'll hear some good news soon xxx

Claire tons and tons of :hugs:!!

kosh that is great news on the job! Is it close to where you live now? Or will you have to move?

Storm I just thought of a possible name for your girl-bean. You said you like Joel for a boy, how about Joelle for a girl? Too unusual?

My boys are both not ill. Sebastian had a highish fever till yesterday but the neurofen seems to be helping. He is still not well and Dominic, while not feverish, has a cough and both their noses run for England. And to make up for a 4:45am waking this morning and an hour long party in their cots, they have no been asleep for 2h30, which is almost unheard of. Hopefully it well help them recover :)
Ah I think Dominic is waking up! Got to go.
Hope everyone else is well though and sending tons of :hugs: as usual

Clairey don't panic - it could be for any number of reasons - have you tried phoning for an update?

Kosh wonderful news on the job offer!

I'm shattered today - Miss L was up and in with me and really unsettled from 1.30 til 3.37 or some time after that - thats the last time I allowed myself to look at the clock. I think she is having night terrors as she was clinging to me and wouldn't let me let her go! Hmm doesn't make for easy sleeping when you have a small child attached to your front and they are cutting off the blood supply to your arm. Im so so so so tired :(

Angel I'm not sure about Joelle but I like your line of thinking :) Thank goodness I still have 18 weeks to find a name I love - if I ever do... And I hope the boys are feeling better soon!

Big hugs again Claire - its horrible when someone you love is in surgery!

Mum is finally out of surgery and in recovery.
That was a long 6hrs for me and my family!
Will hopefully be able to visit later on :)

Storm- I can't remember which names you've already discounted but what about Alice?

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->