any other over 35 first time mums?

Hi ladies :hi: can I join you? My little boy Conor arrived on 27 July. He's doing brill so far, eating like a trooper and not sleeping badly - last night he woke at 4 and then at 7.30. DH went back to work today :cry:

welcome conina!
Conor is so tiny and cute!

Hi ladies :hi: can I join you? My little boy Conor arrived on 27 July. He's doing brill so far, eating like a trooper and not sleeping badly - last night he woke at 4 and then at 7.30. DH went back to work today :cry:

welcome conina!
Conor is so tiny and cute!

Tiny? 9lbs 6oz... :wacko:

oh my, you're right! it's just that compared to the recent pictures of the other big boys in the thread, he seemed tiny :haha:

wah so many pages to read!!

all the pics are Gorge! what lovely babies!!

angel are you doing all the reflux tricks? sorry if you are! tilt everything (cot, crib, pram mattress) keep them upright for at least 30 mins after milk dont lie them flat on their backs on playgym / when changing - use a pillow - for tummy time roll up a towel and place under chest / armpits to help ...what else...we had a swingy chair for martha that just made matters worse a plain old bouncer is much better - martha wouldnt use a sling so thats great that your boys will go in a sling -we tried ranatadine but it made martha consipated but the worst thing was she was so listless and not alert and also was gettign sandifers every few seconds it was awful so we concluded shes fine just on gaviscon (which doesnt work so well if bf) - really sorry if thats a big old lecture and you know it all already - just we learnt on the job and things would have been a lot easier if we'd known some stuff earlier - im weaning now and we cant gove martha apple or tomatoes as they arev a nightmare for her refulx

ta everyone re pupps etc - ah the first 2 weeks were awful but to be fair i had said to the dr i dont care what damage you do to me just get her out alive and they did exactly that :) am hoping for a less dramatic labour / birth this time lol

Hi Conina! Welcome! What a beautiful boy! And only 2 wake-ups during the night at this age? Are you sure he's human?

Thanks for all the support re: J's cold. We made it through the night surprisingly well. The Vics worked like a charm, and we have saline and the Nose Frieda at the ready for today. In the end, he only woke up once, and that was simply for a cuddle. I held him and he fell asleep within a minute. But I kept on holding him because he hasn't let me cuddle him in weeks...

Oh my god, I just looked over at the love seat, and I can see exactly the places where J wiped his nose all day yesterday. I need to buy couches with a different type of fabric. Because, of course, I have that much money.

kosh--I'm glad about the good(ish) sleeps, but I'm so sorry that you're feeling so down. Do you have GPs that you can see? While we have no medical degrees (that I know of...), we're still here for whatever you need.

creatingpeace--First, have I told you that I love your user name? Jonah's name means "peace," and I love the name and the meaning. Oh, and I went back to look through all the pictures, because I seemed to have gotten them mixed up, and I love the ones of Avery and your husband.

Indigo--those deleted posts are so intriguing...

Rowan--you haven't told us anything about your pregnancy yet! How are you feeling? Do you have m/s?

Angel--any news about Seb. Are you going to take him to the doc? And I didn't realize that he did have reflux, so ignore my oh-so-informed advice about reflux. Typically, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Borboleta--I haven't forgotten about you, but I can't see any of your posts right now. Just a sec...

Okay, I have a question. I know that babies can dance, keeping rhythm and all that. But do yours do it ALL THE TIME? I'm not exaggerating. Anytime there is music, either from his own musical toys or whatever music we're playing, he becomes Jonah the Pelvis when he's standing. Or, if he's sitting at the time, he begins to groove to the music, entirely on beat. If the beat changes, he follows it seamlessly. When sitting in his car seat, and the radio is on, he bangs his hand against his thigh. But, as I said, I know that babies dance, and even read an article about it. Do your babies dance this much?

Borboleta--I just went back pages and pages. We obviously need some news from you!

Leeze--In my search for Borboleta, I saw Kia's picture. How beautiful!

Pics:

Jonah and his father:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7140/7770207978_3627493922.jpg

Jonah's off to do hard time:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8425/7770209432_c65ffe5195.jpg

"Puh-lease. I know exactly how to use one of these.":
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8305/7770209914_605e34f2ac.jpg

And when I saw this one, taken by my husband, I was so taken aback at how much like a real boy he looked.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7122/7770208778_51e7960480.jpg

Clio he is sooooo adorable:). Those blue eyes :kiss:. Who does he look like? I think thiago looks like his daddy.

Clio he is sooooo adorable:). Those blue eyes :kiss:. Who does he look like? I think thiago looks like his daddy.

Well, this is a big family debate on both sides. Everyone on my side, including friends, think he looks exactly like me. Everyone on my husband's side is frantically looking for a resemblance, but I think they're just pulling evidence out of thin air. He does seem to have DH's mouth, and the divot under his nose (he has a very long one). But let me just show what I believe to be definitive proof of who he looks like:

Me at around the same age:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8447/7773727808_2fb59af8c5.jpg

According to my MIL, she's "still not convinced." Anyway, there's no doubt about the eyes; they're a family trait. MY family trait. Ha ha ha ha!!!

Yes, I am that petty.

Kosh: we are here to help you and :hugs:Whenever you need us:). Motherhood is tough for sure!!!

Carmina: welcome:)!!! And your little boy is soo sweet! It is amazing how fast they grow. I cannot believe that next month thiago will be 6 months already :cry:. The ladies here are awesome!!!

Clio: so sorry to hear jonah got a cold. Poor little one. Hope he feels better soon. Babies should be born with teeth and no cold until they are 3 years old!

We are doing great. Busy weekend. Thiago still enjoys Jonah's idea to party during night time but yesterday the party just started at 5:30am so that was great:). We started his second veggie : sweet potatoes and of course he liked it:).
Thiago is going to be the rind bearer for my husband cousin's wedding. So I have to buy him a tuxedo!!! She told me she found one that costs U$70.00! I refuse to pay that much money for something he will wear once! So I am trying to find something more affordable. I even told her that he would look adorable in a tuxedo onsie ( about u$ 12.00:), but I am not sure she will go for it :haha: . Plus my hubby is trying to find another job because him and his boss and not big fans of each other:nope:!!!! Hope he gets something else soon! But thiago is just lovely:)! I am obsessed with looking the back of his head :haha:! Sooo cute! That little head bobbing around!!!

Well, this is a big family debate on both sides. Everyone on my side, including friends, think he looks exactly like me. Everyone on my husband's side is frantically looking for a resemblance, but I think they're just pulling evidence out of thin air. He does seem to have DH's mouth, and the divot under his nose (he has a very long one). But let me just show what I believe to be definitive proof of who he looks like:

According to my MIL, she's "still not convinced." Anyway, there's no doubt about the eyes; they're a family trait. MY family trait. Ha ha ha ha!!!

Yes, I am that petty.

is your MIL 'still not convinced'?? is she blind??? :haha:

Welcome Conina! Thanks Clio Avery is mucher cuter then OH but you know!! HAHAHA

Clio: so sorry to hear jonah got a cold. Poor little one. Hope he feels better soon. Babies should be born with teeth and no cold until they are 3 years old!
Fabulous idea! Who do we talk to get things rolling?

Thiago is going to be the rind bearer for my husband cousin's wedding. So I have to buy him a tuxedo!!! She told me she found one that costs U$70.00!
1) Really?! Oh wow--how old will he be then?
2) That's just crazy. If she wants Thiago, she'll need to pay for him. (Hhmmnn... that doesn't sound quite right...)

is your MIL 'still not convinced'?? is she blind??? :haha:

I know!!! I have tons more of them too, which I sent her, and still, her answer is: "I'm not convinced." I love her, but I think there is some delusion going on here.

I'm lost - where are the pictures of Avery and your OH? can't find them!
I know. We need a second thread just for all the pics. I'm going back page after page to find them all.

Yes, I am that petty.

Yep he looks like you:)!

Thanks for all the tips re reflux Rowan :) I think that we have most of it covered and I do think that what ever is ailing Sebastian, it is not reflux related. The ranitidine is working well for both of them. He accepted his food at lunchtime and at 4pm without fuss but would only have 120ml and 140ml. I suppose that is better than nothing at all. I am wondering if it might be related to his ears. I don't think he has an ear ache as such but he is suffering from really dry skin and baby acne. The little folds behind his ear are red, flakey and even crusty and though we keep putting emulsifying lotion, eucerin and E45 (not all at once but we tried all those) on the whole face and behind the ears, it doesn't seem to clear it up, just to keep the extreme dryness at bay. So I thought maybe the swallowing movement hurts the lil raw folds? :shrug: I wish my doctor could see us before the 21st but they surgery is extremely busy apparently and they just cannot :(

kosh I am so sorry you are feeling down. :( I am sure that the constant lack of sleep has something to do with that. I feel like that sometimes too when I just want sit down and cry but I know it is just exhaustion and the need for a bit more of me-time than when the boys nap. :/ I think if you need to talk to someone professionally you should first talk to your GP. They will most likely refer you to someone like a psychologist or other related professional. I really hope you will get some more good sleep soon so that you will feel stronger and more well balanced when it comes to dealing with the high demands of a baby. Lotsa :hugs: in the meantime. xx

Yes, I am that petty.

Yep he looks like you:)!

Yes!!! (We need a "punch the air" smiley to really get across the full meaning of that "yes!")

I agree that could be Jonah! The eyes especially are so similar. You were an adorable baby clio :)

So I just made J his second BLW fully baked meal. These are awesome, because they are SO FRIGGIN' EASY. Yesterday:

Banana French Toast
Banana, milk, bread
Mix, dip and fry

Today:
Some sort of biscuit
Baby rice
Flour
Apple juice
Mix and bake. I even screwed this one up, and it still worked!

Oh, I'm loving this. I don't cook (I'm 40, a student until I was 34 (!), and never had a kid before; there was never any need to bother much about this), but this makes me feel like such a good mother! AND he ate the french toast. He's sleeping right now, so I don't know how he'll do with the biscuit thingy, but still, I MADE IT.

Okay, still no answer on my baby dancing question. I'm soooo curious. If you missed it: J dances all the time. If there is music on, he is dancing. No exaggeration. Is this common?

I agree that could be Jonah! The eyes especially are so similar. You were an adorable baby clio :)

Thank you! Sadly, not so adorable now. It's amazing how much a face can catch up with big eyes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->