any other over 35 first time mums?

marthas usually in bed by 8pm

gh teething sucks so tired

kosh id go dememnted without playgroups :) most of them arent on at the mo cos of school holidays - cant wait til theyre back on

Barboleta, Georgie used to go to bed around 9.30-10ish until the same sort of age as your lo and then we decided to start implementing a night time "routine" (we are not strict routine people) of taking her up to her room at 7ish, getting her ready or bathing her if it was bath night giving her milk in the dark and quiet and putting her down for the night, we had a few tears for a few nights but she very quickly got used to it and it helped her day time naps and for her to be happier during the day as she was well rested, plus it gave us our evenings back, lovely!! A key thing for us is not to let her sleep past 4 in the afternoon :)

Clio, depending whether you want jonah to stay in bed longer or not I'd try to keep him up past 6pm to push back the morning wake ups, you could try 10-15 mins later per day until you get to maybe 7-7.30? Only if you want to of course! Not sure how far along with weaning you are )I can't keep up with everyone haha) but it may become easier once he starts having three meals as I guess his dinner would naturally be around 5ish?

Of course, like everything else all your tried and tested ways go out of the window when the dreaded teething starts!!

I usually bnb from my phone so don't know how to add pics but as creating peace said I have loads on my fb so feel free to add me on there and just say you are from bnb, my name is Kirsty Taylor, profile pic is of me and my daughter xx

Oh and I agree on the playgroup thing, they are a godsend!!

forgot to say (mid bottle break) martha doesnt dance at all - she does sometimes appear to bang something to the beat but thats got to be my imagination lol

Barboleta, Georgie used to go to bed around 9.30-10ish until the same sort of age as your lo and then we decided to start implementing a night time "routine" (we are not strict routine people) of taking her up to her room at 7ish, getting her ready or bathing her if it was bath night giving her milk in the dark and quiet and putting her down for the night, we had a few tears for a few nights but she very quickly got used to it and it helped her day time naps and for her to be happier during the day as she was well rested, plus it gave us our evenings back, lovely!! A key thing for us is not to let her sleep past 4 in the afternoon :)

Clio, depending whether you want jonah to stay in bed longer or not I'd try to keep him up past 6pm to push back the morning wake ups, you could try 10-15 mins later per day until you get to maybe 7-7.30? Only if you want to of course! Not sure how far along with weaning you are )I can't keep up with everyone haha) but it may become easier once he starts having three meals as I guess his dinner would naturally be around 5ish?

Of course, like everything else all your tried and tested ways go out of the window when the dreaded teething starts!!

I usually bnb from my phone so don't know how to add pics but as creating peace said I have loads on my fb so feel free to add me on there and just say you are from bnb, my name is Kirsty Taylor, profile pic is of me and my daughter xx

Thank you so much:). I am going to try not to put him down for his third nap so late. That is why I think he goes down so late for night time.
I am going to fb you:)! My name is Danielle Setchfield. You girls can fb me too:).

am i the only one without fb account? :haha::blush:

Thank you so much:). I am going to try not to put him down for his third nap so late. That is why I think he goes down so late for night time.
I am going to fb you:)! My name is Danielle Setchfield. You girls can fb me too:).

i find that my LO needs minimum of2 hours between his last nap and bedtime.

Is your fb kirsty nicha Taylor? I just sent a friend request. On the profile there is a picture of 2 ladies but on the photos there are pictures of a little girl that just looks like georgie:). Hope that is you:)!

Welcome Conina! Thanks Clio Avery is mucher cuter then OH but you know!! HAHAHA

I'm lost - where are the pictures of Avery and your OH? can't find them!

I don't know I never went back to check, when I get on my own laptop I can repost of feel free to add me on FB there are WAY more there then you would EVER EVER want to see.
https://www.facebook.com/cori.knight.90

So I just made J his second BLW fully baked meal. These are awesome, because they are SO FRIGGIN' EASY. Yesterday:

Banana French Toast
Banana, milk, bread
Mix, dip and fry

Today:
Some sort of biscuit
Baby rice
Flour
Apple juice
Mix and bake. I even screwed this one up, and it still worked!

Oh, I'm loving this. I don't cook (I'm 40, a student until I was 34 (!), and never had a kid before; there was never any need to bother much about this), but this makes me feel like such a good mother! AND he ate the french toast. He's sleeping right now, so I don't know how he'll do with the biscuit thingy, but still, I MADE IT.

Okay, still no answer on my baby dancing question. I'm soooo curious. If you missed it: J dances all the time. If there is music on, he is dancing. No exaggeration. Is this common?

The deleted posts were pictures. :)

Oh Kosh, anyone with so little sleep for that long would have jumped out the window by now. I hope you find someone to talk to, though.... :hugs:

:hi: Conina! Conor is adorable!

Borboleta...I hope we get to see pics of Thiago in his tux! :awww:

Clio...Well done with the 'cooking'. :thumbup: & yes, Jonah looks just like you!
The biscuit recipe...what are the measurements...seems like something I could try.
Kosh...yes, pictures of Niko...:)...& :hug:...Sorry you're feeling so down & isolated...

Leeze....very good advice...

I wanna see some Niko pics too...

Just sent you a friend request for fb too:).

Kosh, I can imagine how hard it is for you to be in a different country without family and friends. My family is in brazil too but I have my hubby's family here so make things a lot better. Can someone from your family come and stay a little with you? And leeze said it perfect ... Sometimes you just get so tired of staying home and since your hubby works so much and you don't have bother adult to talk to it must be tough! And can you take naps when you LO takes naps too? I take one with thiago and he does sleep a lot better when I am in bed with him :haha:. Just 30 min makes a huge difference. :hugs:

thanks borboleta, but no, i mean, my mum came to visit a couple of times, but she's 80yo (!) so not much help really, but it was nice to have her company.

Kosh, I can imagine how hard it is for you to be in a different country without family and friends. My family is in brazil too but I have my hubby's family here so make things a lot better. Can someone from your family come and stay a little with you? And leeze said it perfect ... Sometimes you just get so tired of staying home and since your hubby works so much and you don't have bother adult to talk to it must be tough! And can you take naps when you LO takes naps too? I take one with thiago and he does sleep a lot better when I am in bed with him :haha:. Just 30 min makes a huge difference. :hugs:

thanks borboleta, but no, i mean, my mum came to visit a couple of times, but she's 80yo (!) so not much help really, but it was nice to have her company.

My dad and sister are coming next month :)!! I am sooo excited. It has been about 2 years since I last seen them. I don't think about it that much when they are not here but when I see them and than they leave I get sooo depressed:(! It is really hard. I need to go to brazil too. It has been 6 years since last time I went there. And my husband has never been to Brazil!!! Hopefully next year. It is just so expensive and I have a small business so it is hard to just pack and go for one month or so.
Try signing up for fb ... You can chat with your family and friends for Argentina:). What part the country are you from? I have friends from there here:)! I love them!! They are sooo special. The kind of people that they will do anything to help you out:)!

Eek no that's not me, just Kirsty Taylor, I'm not sure how to put my link in, I am in the uk if that helps?! X

Eek no that's not me, just Kirsty Taylor, I'm not sure how to put my link in, I am in the uk if that helps?! X

That is funny. I am trying to become friends of another kirsty :haha:. She is probably wondering who in the world am I? :haha:

I will try again:). Or you can try me:).

Morning! (Well, for me, anyway...)

creatingpeace--I think that the recipe is a bit screwed up, because I followed the measurements exactly, and I did not get what they described. The recipe is:

Oven: 350
8 fl oz apple juice
4 oz baby rice (which I took to mean rice cereal)
4 oz flour
Mix all 3 ingredients
Bake for 20-30 minutes.

I was supposed to get some sort of dough that I could roll out and cut into shapes before baking, but it was instead a big goopy mess. So, I just poured that onto a cookie sheet, let it settle--looked like a large pancake--and baked it for around 25 min. Came out solid enough for finger food, and I had some and it was fine. J just wouldn't take it. But, he was quite sick yesterday, so I'm going to try again today.

kizzyt--I don't know if we want to change his bedtime, yet. We like the freedom 6 o'clock gives us. We've also tried and he's miserable any later than six. And the 4 o'clock wakings are recent. If it keeps up, we'll have to reassess. Now that I'm sharing the night duty with my husband and don't like waking up that early, I might start implementing a later bedtime.

kosh and Angel--were your nights any better? Last night I read the bad sleepers thread and now have a much better sense what you guys have been dealing with for so long. And now I understand why a 2 hour stretch is a really good thing.

If anyone wants to add me on FB, I'm Eva Kater (from Canada).

Barboleta, I have found you and added you, Clio what's your profile pic of? X

It's the back of a pair of Monster Longies. Green.

creatingpeace--today he totally got into the "biscuits." So, they do work!

ETA: Clean-up from weaning sucks. Big time. Clean the baby, the floor, the clothing, the high chair... At least after dinner, I can just stick him immediately into the bath. I even undress him there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->