any other over 35 first time mums?

Hello everyone,

Clio: :hugs:. Children change. Right now J has a big connection with your OH but soon enough that will change :thumbup:. Believe me I feel bad that thiago just wants me all the time. I can see that OH feels that maybe he is not doing enough to have thiago like him like he does me. And I wish he would go more with his daddy or other family members but he just doesn't want to. Like my sister said he thinks him and I are the same person. Yesterday OH was trying to play with him while I am in the laundry room folding clothes and guess who comes looking for me :dohh:!! No break :dohh:!! J loves you no matter what:).
I totally understand you missing your family :cry:. I can just imagine too being in a place where the weather is cold and you stay inside more than anything ( probably not a lot of sunny days), that must make anyone kind of depressed. I remember when I lived in Chicago and I hated the winter!! No sun for almost 9 months out of the year. Maybe you, J and your OH should go for a cruise to the Bahamas :winkwink:. You know it is cold here too ... 40F!!! And raining!!! I am depressed already!!! I want my sun back :growlmad:!! :hugs:to all of you that live in a snowy area. Don't know how you survive the winter :wacko:!!!
And don't shove snow! That is your OH's job!

We had an okay weekend as little t was a bit crabby ( teething), but today he is all happy again:). I don't know if I said this here but when he is spelling the alphabet he decided to call letter J - bawoon ( ballon) :haha:!!! I have no idea why he decided to call that :dohh:!!
Today I got the alphabet in lower cases for the fridge ( our fridge is cover with alphabet letters and numbers :dohh:) and he apparently knows all of them already. But at least we can use to spell words to him.
Oh, and he said two words together the other day ( I know not very impressive to Clio, Leeze or storm :haha:): he said go car and car Caiu ( car felt down). So little by little he is really trying to put his words together. He still just have about 22 words in his vocabulary but some babies are looser than others:). And we noticed that instead of pronouncing the letter D he says G, so instead of dadda he says gaga ( like lady gaga :haha:. Go gaga!! I remember my niece would change her L for W. So to say uncle glen she would say uncle Gwen. And she did that for a long time. I always had to look at her mom for translation :dohh:.

Okay have to go. Bye lovely ladies:).

Just read your post Sabrina. Sorry for you friends loss:(. Now I remembered Charlie's post about her dad and storm's about her mom and I cannot believe that it has been 18 years since I lost my mom! She would've been 76 years old this year if she was still alive. She would've loved getting to know thiago. She loved little kids:). She was the best mom anyone could've ever wished :kiss:. And storm and Charlie, it is still so early since your parents passed away. As the time goes by you will not think of them as often but you will have moments that there presence will hit and tears will still come down your eyes even after 18 years :hugs:.

I totally understand what you mean Clio though I am also glad to be away from my family. SOOO much drama between my dad and my brother (and not trivial either!) and they would start trying to make me conform again and discuss my business with me and everyone else, as if it were their business as well. I am glad I have a chance to bring up my boys away from all that. I miss my friends at home of course as I only have Beau here. And I am glad my mum can come so often to see us, I always miss her most in the pre-Christmas season as I so love having Advent Kaffee und Kuchen with her on Sundays and a proper Advents Wreath to light with her. :) Note to self: I must order one this year as I want to keep up this tradition from home for my boys. You see I still call Switzerland "home" even though I have lived in London since 1992. Hm.
As for another kitty, do you not like Tata so much then? But would she be happy with a new kitten? And I tell you that no new kitty can replace those rare fur-babies that usually come only once in your life time (my Mina who died April last year was such once in a lifetime fur-baby :()

Sabrina I am so sorry for your friend's and your own loss. I too have second families like that so I totally understand how you must feel :hugs:

Borboleta T sounds so cute and so bright! And I know Dominic isn't really comparable in his talking skills but he also replaces letters like that. He says Kiggy instead of kitty for example and Buddy instead of Bunny (well sort of as if he had a really stuffed up nose lol)

Got to go, food is ready. But wanted to share my painting with you. It is not well done but I ran out of time. Now I have to start on another ASAP. :cry:

I took the pic with my phone so the colours aren't brilliant and I accidentally cut off the lower edge. But please tell me if you cannot see it. xx
https://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s313/Angelique_the_Mage/Cards/IMG_4464_zps471d0726.jpg

Angel, I love your pic! Reminds me off the Christmas market in Belfast..

Sk so sorry to hear about your friends mum..

Rough day today, needed to stay late in work, couldn't cause had to.get L. L gagged on dinner and was sick everywhere, also shattered and as soon as I got her down I had to dial in to work. Typically dh stick late in work, he'sjust home and I've given up, 3 hours work this evening and lots to sort tomorrow am, kill me now please...

Night all!

Angel: you card is beautiful!!!! How can you top the one from last year!!! Amazing!!!
And so cute that Dom changes his letters too :).

Storm: sounds like you are having a rough day:(. My friend that is 43 and pregnant again just told me she was in the ER because she twisted her ankle. Hopefully she didn't break anything:(. Poor thing, pregnant with a sprained ankle and with a toddler to watch the whole day!!!

It's beautiful, Angel...making me nostalgic.....:xmas9:

I agree w Borboleta, I don't know how people get through those cold, harsh winters without getting depressed. My (other) sister is in Chicago & she & her DH go somewhere warm & beachy every Febuary. Clio, big hugs....wish we could all stop by w coffee & cakes...:cake::wine::friends::coffee::beer:

I think you should sneak J some bubble gum....then we'll see who is favorite....:winkwink:

Storm, your day sounds truly difficult....hope tomorrow is better....:hugs:

SK...so sorry to hear of your loss...:(....:hug:

N says 'KissMuch' for Christmas....:cloud9: I'm starting to feel festive...

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3676/11059770463_c1e6365c48.jpg

Okay, so I got the kitten. She's 10 weeks--though a runt, so she looks smaller--and, coincidentally, her name is Cleo! We got her from The Humane Society. She's really cuddly, which is what I need right now.

I also got the wherewithal to finally pull some strings and called my p-doc in TO, whom I adore and respect. Turns out he does know someone in Edmonton, and all I need is a referral from my GP, who is, of course, dragging her feet. Why is everyone in this province determined to give me the worst care possible?

SK--I'm sorry about your friend's mother. I'll be thinking of you tonight. :hugs:

ETA: Okay--this new interface sucks. I had no idea there was a whole page of posts between this one and my previous one. I'm sorry everyone. I'm not THAT self-centred!

Angel--It's beautiful. What came to my mind were the stalls along the Sienne.

I know no cat will ever come close to my one true kitty love, but Morgan is a one person cat, and try as I might, that person isn't me. OH doesn't even pay any attention to her anymore, and so you can see her mentally preparing J to take over. I am the cat person here (my last name means "Tom Cat" in German!!!), and I need a cat who wants to be with me and lie on my lap on these freezing winter nights and days. And this little one is fitting the bill perfectly...so far. J loves her, and runs after her screaming "Cleocleocleocleo!!!" Needless to say, she ain't so fond of J.

Thanks, guys - I get a little tear in my eye just thinking of my friend's mum - she was a great person...sigh.

not much else here. LO slept okay last night (awake at 5am, pulled onto the bed and went back to sleep until 6.30am, which is tolerable)...am annoyed with OH as we are going to the States on the 16th and he hasn't renewed his passport or gotten Finn's - so I did all the paperwork, etc (even though I said I would do the USA one (Did it back in early October and received a week later)) last night and said to OH that he would have to take to the passport express desk at the local post office, but suddenly it's my fault because...?

hugs to all and to all, a good day!

bye!

Awk Clio, Cleo is lovely and if she brings you some cuddles I say why not! I could have posted you Lily who is affection starved and would love your cuddles!

Talking of cats, I can officially say I'm struggling with 4 spread across 2 halves of the house. Poppy is a nightmare, she's eating me out of house and home, she alone has increased my cat bills by at least £50 a month, money I can't afford with the bigger house. My dad promised to buy her food, so far none... So technically she should be dead.. men eh? That and he's making me feed the wild birds (with 4 cats is he nuts) and again I had to buy the birdseed and fastballs.... Arghh

Anyway L was up from 3.30 til 5.30 running a temp and being very unsettled, typically cause I needed to be in work early to finish the report for a ten am meeting... I was pleased. She is FINE this am, I wasn't, 4 1/2 hrs broken sleep at 29 weeks pregnant just doesn't work for me, so I've taken a half day and I'm home. Today is the day the cleaner comes, she should have been gone by 11, today she was late, so I'm waiting for her to go so I can have a nap. I know I shouldn't complain but I need a lie down before I'm ill. That and its not my actual cleaner, its her sister who isn't half as good :(

I feel like I'm going to explode today, so huge and can't bend.. how am I going to expand for another 11 weeks? Oh and the guy I sit beside in work is having a section for the twins tomorrow, think she's 34/35 weeks, hope it goes well!

I keep forgetting to say my good friend with the cancer is doing well so far. There has been no spread and continued shrinkage so he gets a chemo break over Christmas :happydance: its still a daily battle but so far its good. At least his family and kids (more twins) can breathe over Christmas!

Ok I'm tired, catch up later...

angel - I love the painting! reminds me of German christmas for some reason?

I don't understand. I posted a rather long post last night, talked to clio about the 'daddy' issue and feeling lonely, to borboleta about the glue ear, and to charlie about losing your parents, etc and also wrote about my concern about my friends 3 1/2 year old, but obviously something happened? :shrug:

I'm off to pick up Gael now. will try to post again tonight
:hugs: to all

I am lurking at the mo as I feel as sick as a dog, lying in bed feeling pooped now.

Just wanted to say quickly angel, I love your painting, you are a very talented lady.

Clio, ahhhhhh I love little Cleo, so so cute and I too think cats ( and for me dogs too) are so therapeutic. Hope you are getting lots of fur cuddles.

Storm, sorry for all the crapness that you are having to deal with at 29 weeks! Big hugs!

I think my OH deserves OH award of the month for the best, he has done literally everything for Sophia today as I feel so sick, I am lucky to have him :) just hope I am back in form tomorrow for my first day back at work! Yikes!

Love to everyone else x

I am lurking at the mo as I feel as sick as a dog, lying in bed feeling pooped now.

Just wanted to say quickly angel, I love your painting, you are a very talented lady.

Clio, ahhhhhh I love little Cleo, so so cute and I too think cats ( and for me dogs too) are so therapeutic. Hope you are getting lots of fur cuddles.

Storm, sorry for all the crapness that you are having to deal with at 29 weeks! Big hugs!

I think my OH deserves OH award of the month for the best, he has done literally everything for Sophia today as I feel so sick, I am lucky to have him :) just hope I am back in form tomorrow for my first day back at work! Yikes!

Love to everyone else x

Angel! Omg, I couldn't believe it when I saw your painting! It is so incredibly good - you are so so so talented! The way the people are standing and leaning, etc. it looks so real, like a snapshot in time. I can't even tell you how impressed I am! Wow, wow, wow! I love it!

Clio - yay for new kitty!!! So glad and proud you got her from the humane society, and her name (wow!) - totally meant to be! She is gorgeous, and actually looks a lot like my 2 girlies. Their pics are my only ones on FB if you want to take a look. I hope she brings you and your family so much joy!

SK - so sorry to hear about your friends mom :hugs: :hugs::hugs:

Angel- amazing picture, you are one talented mummy!!
Clio- yay on little Cleo!!
Charlie- I so hope you feel better soon!!
Hugs to all.
Xx

Oh Charlie how typical you get sick before work! I hope you feel better soon, I'm sure you really don't want to go now!

I had a lovely 2 hour sleep this afternoon, I was so tired I felt ill. Apparently L had 2 bad nappies in nursery but she seems ok so I dunno, hope she sleeps as dh is at work.

Sleep time for me ladies, who knows what time L will have me up!

Charlie - good luck tomorrow! The first day back is 'hard', but it is nice to have a bit of a break from LO
angel- your painting is beautiful!

another 'it's my fault' because...? OH gives LO a bath and LO got loose when he was being dried; LO fell and hit his head on the hardwood floor, but it's my fault because...? We're double-checking all his symptoms and cross fingers, all is okay (tired as would be expected at 9pm!, but pupils okay, not too disoriented, etc), but how is it my fault?..........

hugs to all, bye!

It's your fault Sk for not getting your crystal ball out and predicting the incident... I'm.sure F will be just fine, L falls on her head quite regularly, on Sunday she tripped in the spare room and hit her head on the bed settee... How! She falls over her own feet sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->