any other over 35 first time mums?

Kosh...:hugs:

Maybe it's just a mid-life crisis that will soon be over?

My DH is actually much like Charlie's most of the time, but he has had a couple of phases that were not impressive.

sorry, but I'm actually a 75-year old man and have been pretending for years -- Finn is just a neighbour's child that I borrow on occasion...

okay - I will scan a picture of me when a bit thinner and younger and you can see that I am a lovely girl. I HATE pictures, but when I saw my old medieval history professor she said that I hadn't changed a bit and I joked that I had a portrait in my attic...!

bye!

:haha:

Where did you go, Kosh?:(

Send him over to me. I'll give him a proper spanking! :ninja:

kosh it is fairly well known that children put all sorts of unexpected stresses on a relationship and if the child doesn't sleep I think this must be 100times more so. I know this is not really helping but I am thinking that once G does sleep better, a lot of the stresses in your relationship will vanish too. In the meantime tons and tons of :hugs:

As for what we all look like, I have seen everyone except SK, Kitty and Indigo. But I can understand if you ladies aren't comfy with sharing your pics online. As for me, I am sure I have posted pics of me before but before I go to bed, here I am with my boys. This was taken this autumn. I am usually behind the lens so this is pretty much the only picture (I semi like) that I can share. I thought the pic was kinda nice but apparently (according to two FB friends) I look either mad (as in angry) or exhausted. I was neither. Just old :haha:.

Night night all!

DmS1.jpg

I remembered!

Clio - click clack book hasn't arrived yet.
Yesterday I bought 'stuck' by O Jeffers. Gael kkeps saying that things are 'stuck' when they are not how/where he wants them, so I thought it was quite appropriate!

Clio/borboleta - did you say that J and T are napping for 3 hours but waking up at the dawn of the day? I guess you have tried the obvious, ie waking them from their naps earlier?

J can even go without a nap and he will still stick to the same nighttime routine; the two don't seem related. Though Oma said that OH was the same, so it's all just payback!

J's just getting into "Up and Down," and my SIL (we pass books back and forth between each other) is going to lend us "Stuck." They swear it's the best. Oh, and J is branching out on the Click Clack series. "Giggle, Giggle, Quack" just arrived. I swear part of the reason he likes them is because they're not in board book form. Makes him feel like a "big person."

This got me very sad :nope: (not your fault of course!)
I used to think that my DH was great but he has disappointed me a lot recently.
I so hope this is just a long phase and we can get back to what we were :cry:

I'm sorry kosh--I hadn't seen this. :hugs: I think wondering if things will always be like this is hard, isn't it? When OH and I have been there, where I am afraid that we won't be able to live with each other until something changes, I've been terrified that they won't change. I hope that things will change back easily for you once all of the stressors Angel mentioned have passed.

kosh it is fairly well known that children put all sorts of unexpected stresses on a relationship and if the child doesn't sleep I think this must be 100times more so. I know this is not really helping but I am thinking that once G does sleep better, a lot of the stresses in your relationship will vanish too. In the meantime tons and tons of :hugs:

As for what we all look like, I have seen everyone except SK, Kitty and Indigo. But I can understand if you ladies aren't comfy with sharing your pics online. As for me, I am sure I have posted pics of me before but before I go to bed, here I am with my boys. This was taken this autumn. I am usually behind the lens so this is pretty much the only picture (I semi like) that I can share. I thought the pic was kinda nice but apparently (according to two FB friends) I look either mad (as in angry) or exhausted. I was neither. Just old :haha:.

Night night all!

View attachment 720465

I love this picture x

Indigo, I think you should buy the bag and purse and drive down in the R8!

We get 15 hours of free nursery, pre school here from the term following their 3rd birthday, so for us not until January 2016. I actually need to put Sophia's name down ASAP if I can find one that I like, I have only seen one and didn't like the manager at all!

As for OH of the month award, does Clios OH get to be put forward? he sounds pretty lovely to me! My OH is great, and I only say that as I have seriously been through the dregs of the male species, and he is for sure one of the better ones! He's the cleaner, he loves all that cleaning, I hate it! I cook and do the most of the shopping. He is a great dad and he is wonderful with my Mum! But he ain't perfect, he has an awful temper and can be quite dramatic when we argue and that gets a bit tedious! And he's not the most patient person either! But he pitches in with Sophia, so I really can't and won't complain about him, he's pretty great. But would he ever buy me an eternity ring? No chance! But that's fine I should not have expensive jewellery, did I mention that I left my emerald ring, given to me by my mum in Australia! Luckily my cousin found it and he is bringing it over this summer, but seriously I didn't even notice until a few days after we got home :dohh:

This got me very sad :nope: (not your fault of course!)
I used to think that my DH was great but he has disappointed me a lot recently.
I so hope this is just a long phase and we can get back to what we were :cry:

I'm sorry Kosh :hugs: I think it's a lot easier for us, as Sophia is great sleeper and like Angel says that lack of sleep is a killer! I remember the first few months when Sophia was up in the night, we argued all the time, and in OH's dramatic nature, he would start packing :haha: I got so use to it, I ignored it eventually. I couldn't stand to think how things would be if Sophia didn't sleep well now. Also I think it's harder for you as you both work full time, so that's tough. I do the bulk of the child care but I only work part time, which I am sure also makes it a lot easier. Hope you do get back to where you were :hugs:

thanks angel. I know the lack of sleep makes things worse. the lack of family/support doesn't help either.
3 years ago I would have never thought I would 'live/survive' as I do now :nope:

Night night all!

View attachment 720465

awwww, that's such a nice picture!! and you are lovely, don't understand why you keep saying those things about yourself!! :shrug:

I'm sorry kosh--I hadn't seen this. :hugs: I think wondering if things will always be like this is hard, isn't it? When OH and I have been there, where I am afraid that we won't be able to live with each other until something changes, I've been terrified that they won't change. I hope that things will change back easily for you once all of the stressors Angel mentioned have passed.

That's exactly how I feel.

I'm sorry Kosh :hugs: I think it's a lot easier for us, as Sophia is great sleeper and like Angel says that lack of sleep is a killer! I remember the first few months when Sophia was up in the night, we argued all the time, and in OH's dramatic nature, he would start packing :haha: I got so use to it, I ignored it eventually. I couldn't stand to think how things would be if Sophia didn't sleep well now. Also I think it's harder for you as you both work full time, so that's tough. I do the bulk of the child care but I only work part time, which I am sure also makes it a lot easier. Hope you do get back to where you were :hugs:

To be honest I think that's the main problem - I work full time but DH works part-time and is doing/finishing a PhD. In his eyes he has it worse than me......

I had a very 'funny' dream last night - I bumped into my ex and he'd go on his knees and begged me to go back with him saying 'I am so sorry I didn't appreciate how good you were!" :haha:

lack of sleep or interrupted sleep is horrible - we're lucky in that LO sleeps okay most nights (finally over the jet lag), but it is very hard at times. At the moment, OH is at home and (in my opinion) wasting alot of time doing procrastinating errands, he's a hoarder as well, and panics about going through his redundancy (he's only been 'unemployed' for 5 days, so it is harder.

(and in defence of PhD students -- I know that it would be very hard for me now to do my PhD and look after LO at the same time)....

bye!

lack of sleep or interrupted sleep is horrible - we're lucky in that LO sleeps okay most nights (finally over the jet lag), but it is very hard at times. At the moment, OH is at home and (in my opinion) wasting alot of time doing procrastinating errands, he's a hoarder as well, and panics about going through his redundancy (he's only been 'unemployed' for 5 days, so it is harder.

(and in defence of PhD students -- I know that it would be very hard for me now to do my PhD and look after LO at the same time)....bye!

oh, I know. And because it's probably bacause I have been there and know how stressful it is that I am not divorced already!
well see what happenes once he finishes it!!:coffee:

Indigo it's not that I'm not curious, I guess it's because I'm so used to working with people remotely that I never see and I will never meet that it's not unusual for me! Also those people I do meet, sometimes after years of working with are usually nothing like I imagined! Apparently I'm a lot more shy and nervous in person than remotely too :) I'm also one of those nobody people, the kind of person no one really notices, no one ever goes 'wow look at that stunner' or 'wow isn't she ugly' I'm just bog standard plain and normal and not memorable which suits me just fine :)

Kosh sleep deprivation is horrendous... I had the night from hell with L again last night, she didn't want to go to bed, it took me an hour and a half to get her to bed, then she cried randomly until I folded at 2am and brought her in and she tossed and turned shouting 'mummy, no no no, I no like it...' Etc etc.. I finally dosed off at 4.30 and she woke me every 20 minutes... I swear I am so glad today is a nursery day, dh is at work and I feel ill... I would be napping now but my dad text to say he is calling (why does he always call when I'm wrecked? I saw him both Saturday and Sunday) so I have to stay awake. Anyway no ones dh is as frustrating as mine! In his defence he's a decent person and he LOVES L, he just isn't house trained! It's like living with a teenager. That and he never had a long term relationship before me and his family are seriously weird. As for the dreaming about your ex, one of mine who I dated for 4 half years was an absolute gem and I often wonder why on earth I split with him... Bad timing? I don't know. Ironically he lives very close with his wife and daughter. I think when times are tough you often wonder about the what ifs!

Hey SK you are one heck of a knitter for a dodgy old bloke :)

Hope everyone has a good day, I'm freezing, the heat is on and I have a hot water bottle... And a dog that still needs walked... Damn!

Indigo: can we please see a picture of you :winkwink:?

I'm always behind the camera & quite camera shy... :blush:

I only have 1 pic on my phone because someone else here on BnB wouldn't let me be :winkwink:....so I took it in the bathroom while N was napping... It's a terrible photo & very dark & I have no makeup on & if I remember correctly, it's quite blurry!

BESIDES...I have yet to see pics of quite a few peeps here...

Am I off the hook? :haha:

If not, I'll post it & then delete it quickly....when we're both here....

I want to see SK & Kitty....& everyone else who only posts cat pics on FB! :cat:

Oh, WTH.....here I am....

167f140da80af8ea6fb154ddae0b4068.jpeg

I knew it!!! I had a sense you were a famous person all the way :haha:!!! And no you are not off the hook. :haha:

Indy I love the bag and wallet and by the way everyone Indy is a hottie I've seen her pic a few years back :thumbup::kiss:

I knew it :haha::thumbup:!!

And I just like to put the person face with there personality, or what I know about them. Whenever we go to a company meeting for the first time for OH's job I like to ask him before we get there: is this person looks like this? Not that I care if the person is black or white or oriental , or tall or short or fat or thin. It is like when I write something for SAbrina I have her face in my head and it just feels more intimate I guess :haha:.

B...I know exactly what you mean & I also know what Storm means because I worked remotely from home for 4 years before having N. Although, I'd always sort of have images in my head of what they look like (usually actors) & I'd be so shocked when I'd eventually meet them. What? You look nothing like Al Pacino!

& wait....you have seen Sabrina?

Storm...your 1 post made me LOL 3x...you are so far from a 'nobody person'!

Re: old boyfriends--the craziest thing happened. I was chatting over the computer with a favourite ex of mine from ages ago (when I was in my twenties)--you know, the type you wouldn't mind having a friendship with now. I knew he had a problem with staying faithful and he was admitting that he had had "dalliances" while with his current girlfriend of 6 years. I didn't say anything about this; he was a good friend and had helped me through the roughest point of my illness, so while I didn't approve, I just accepted it. Anyway, it became increasingly clear that he was trying to start another "dalliance" with me! (He had a few internet ones.) I made it extremely clear that OH was here, in the room with me, and he freaked out, telling me to delete all of the messages so far, and he was doing the same! Turned out, his girlfriend found out about the affairs by hacking his email and texting accounts! *******! I haven't texted him since.

Storm--I agree with Indigo, and I've seen your picture! You are not a nobody person! I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking that you would certainly be a person I would seek out as a friend.

And Storm you are not plain! Woman have you looked at your wedding pic? You were ill that day and still utterly beautiful!

Btw kosh thank you :) I don't mind my face, it is ok. It is my backside that I don't like and now also my horrible tummy with the wrinkly skin and the section overhang and my general overweightness. :( I felt so much more self assured when I was 20kg lighter! One does in general I guess.

OH came back from shopping reeking of smoke. Again. His New Years resolution lasted 8 days and then he had several cigarettes in the last 3 days. Sigh. Need a coffee or I'll rip his head off. Again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->