any other over 35 first time mums?

Indigo: yes Sabrina posted a photo here and on FB:). And I saw Clio, angel, storm and Charlie:). I just saw kosh's hair :haha: in a pic:). So the only ones I haven't seen are you and kitty, and kosh:).

Storm: like the other ladies said you are fAr away from plain girl:). And we just need to post pictures of all of us without make up:haha:.

Angel: I would kill for your behind :thumbup:!! And the flap over the cssction .... Cont me in:dohh:!!!

I am texting from my phone. Will write more later. Don't know how you text so much in your phone storm:haha:!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder me thinks. I don't know many women that think themselves beautiful, but plain to one is beautiful to another.

And Angel, you just posted the 6000 post in this thread!

Hey you guys I wasn't looking for compliments, but hey being 36 weeks pregnant I will take what I can lol.

I don't remember seeing Sk. How did I miss that? Baby brain?

I meant to say that I have seen your pics too Claire :winkwink:.

Kosh: so understand your concern with OH. But I do agree that the lack of sleep and just a total life change when you have a baby it is really hard to deal with. Maybe I said this here before but I think because we had kids at a much older age we kind of miss the freedom that we had before sometimes. And I think our OHs feel the same way. :hugs: my friend.

Clio: you should be glad that you didn't stay with your old boyfriend. He sounds like trouble!! I have to say that I had 2 boyfriends before OH and I don't miss either one of them. :haha:. My OH is my best friend, the sexiest and loveliest OH. We have our bad times but I still love him like the first time I met him :kiss:. But sometimes I have to remind myself that I am being too bossy or not loving enough.

Storm: so posted a picture here a while ago. She is red hair :thumbup:.

Darnit! There is a horrible snow storm going on outside my window! We just got back from our new music class in time, it seems! But I'm supposed to go to a physio app't later today, and I suppose that's out. I hate the drive there, but it's actually a very nice massage for my spine, and I'd hate to miss that! But no way am I driving in this ridiculous snow. Let's see if I can get a pic of it...

Nope--no pic would do it justice.

Angel--you just described my body perfectly. I've discovered something wonderful, though: Spanx! The type that cover your entire tummy and torso. I wish I had thought of them a year or two ago! Holds everything nicely in place.

Question for all: As I mentioned, we are back from our first new music class. And J was ridiculous. Running everywhere, trying to open the fire door, standing right in front of the storybook so no one else can see, wanting to play the piano, take all of the puppets, etc... The only thing he actually agreed to do was really cute though: the theme this week was "lumberjacks" (only in Canada!) and he did this awesome reach for the sky then reach for the ground action when we were doing...well...a reach for the sky and then reach for the ground action. Thing is, he looked like a tele-evangelist praising the Lord on High and casting sinners to Hell!

Anyway, back to my point. Am I the only one with a child who is ridiculous at these things? He NEVER sits with me, and if I try and make him, he makes himself a dead weight so he slides off my lap and lies on the floor, bellybutton sticking in the air. He wouldn't even do "Wheels on the Bus," which he actually knows the actions to and loves to do with us and Fauziah. We were singing it on the way in!!! Instead, he runs around like a lunatic on speed, touching everything, and demanding to touch the things he couldn't reach. He was given a hollow plastic tube to bang on the ground, and instead he put it to his mouth and began to YELL!!! (Though I wondered what the woman running the program thought would happen with hollow plastic tubing. Turns out, I was the only one to have that thought cross their mind, because all other children banged theirs on the ground...)

Though he did some pretty awesome dance moves during the free dance time at the end. Some twirls, some hand claps, some boogie-woogies.

Is this your experience, too? Or do your children stay with you? Storm, Miss L must be somehow like J. All the other kids, from ages 0-3, stayed with their mums (except for one, who followed J for around 1/3rd of the class). Again, I had to swing him back and forth just to get through the introductory hellos and instructions. After that, I had no option but to let him go. I looked longingly at the LOs who could only sit and crawl a bit, but then remembered that when I took J to a library program when he was seven months, he wouldn't stay with me and instead constantly army crawled himself to the centre of the circle, or to other kids' chew toys.

Okay, so please, tell me I am not alone! Because I feel terribly alone in these classes. It's getting pretty embarrassing, not to mention tiring, constantly trying to keep him out of trouble. We have another class on Wednesday for "Active Tots," but part of the active part is J following our instructions. I laughed when I read that part!

This child is non-stop. Full-on until he goes down to sleep. And he makes me really tired. So very, very tired.

Clio L is pretty clingy in company but she absolutely will not do what I want her to and there is no changing her mind, I often feel like I have the 'badly behaved' child. Maybe we expect too much from them? They after all only just 2!

Talking of playing me up, I'm in bed, with L she demanded to sleepin mummies bed and I'm too tired to fight it... It's a slippery slope I know... In other news I had my niece for a while tonight, the 2 of them vanished into Ls room and closed the door and in literally 5 mins (i was on the landing) L managed to break the front off the bottom drawer of her £500 chest of drawers! Apparently she stood on it, man I was annoyed and what crappy furniture you make bopita with your jumped up prices for it! I was tired and snappy and my niece who just turned 5 was annoying me, she just whines constantly at L.. I know she's 5 but come on! Then when she knew I was really annoyed she said she was sad because she missed granny, Wtf emotional manipulation already! She was 3 when my mum died so I'm guessing she doesn't even remember much! Arggghhhhhh

Anyway L is horizontal across my bed heavy breathing I'm hanging off the end wrapped up in my dream genii pregnancy pillow, I hope she sleeps cause I am shattered!

Sleepy dust to all the sleep deprived moms xxx

nope, clio - you are not alone! Finn will 'conform' at times, especially if it's meal-time and he sees his other friends having breakfast, BUT I think it's also because he is still asleep - with me otherwise, he becomes adventure-boy and boy, does he run then and it's everywhere, too. At my parents, his favourite thing was to do a circuit round and round the house - for hours....sigh.

row with OH tonight, who didn't transfer over some of my programmes from my old computer to a new one, so I can't scan any pictures and supposedly, I lost the cable for the camera to the laptop, and of course, because I asked him to do the litter trays and hoover the stairs, he was only able to study for 45 minutes (out of 6 hours).

I will try and scan some pictures....sigh.

me

Ok...now I need to see Angel's behind...lol

Clio...N is similar & to be honest, I'm not embarrassed. He's usually the life of the party. I won't take him to a certain library anymore, however, because the acoustics in there are ridiculous. He's just quite outgoing & enthusiastic! (Since his separation/stranger anxiety appeared, things have been a bit different.)

After he gets used to something new, however, after a while, he mellows out nicely & starts to cooperate. Have you tried just letting him be the first few times? N is the type that just has his own agenda most of the time. While I'm trying to work on shapes & colors, he's trying to figure out how to use a squirt bottle or take off his diaper w his pants on...:shrug:

N does have mellow moments, but any new place is just too exciting for him to sit still.

J really doesn't have any mellow moments?

IRL, I'm quite reserved in new situations w new people, but N really isn't...& I had to get used to it & I have since embraced it, but sometimes I still am out of my comfort zone & it just is uncomfortable.

Honestly, many of these classes are just waaaay too structured for kids under 3-4. N does better @ open gym time @ the gymnastics center, the Children's Museum where he can roam freely as do what he likes & play-groups that meet at the park or the beach. Story time at the library is just not his cup of tea at the moment. Anything teacher-led & instructor-focused...I just don't try to do w him anymore. We'll just try again when he's older.

I think Storm hit the nail on the head....we expect too much from them.

Call me crazy, but I actually appreciate the fact that N is still a non-conformist. However, I have to admit, it does seem like a lot of work & I'm tired......& when I'm very tired, I cannot wait for DH to get home from work & if he's late, I have to talk myself out of burning all his underwear.

Clio- please don't feel alone. Lucy is pretty much the same. She just wants to do her own thing and I find it very hard to get her tow the line! Lol
I agree with storms comment about "expecting too much" they are still very young.
:winkwink:

nope, clio - you are not alone! Finn will 'conform' at times, especially if it's meal-time and he sees his other friends having breakfast, BUT I think it's also because he is still asleep - with me otherwise, he becomes adventure-boy and boy, does he run then and it's everywhere, too. At my parents, his favourite thing was to do a circuit round and round the house - for hours....sigh.

row with OH tonight, who didn't transfer over some of my programmes from my old computer to a new one, so I can't scan any pictures and supposedly, I lost the cable for the camera to the laptop, and of course, because I asked him to do the litter trays and hoover the stairs, he was only able to study for 45 minutes (out of 6 hours).

I will try and scan some pictures....sigh.

me

Good to know I'm not alone!

Oh--try this: your digital camera will have an SD card. Your new comp should hadve an SD slot, which allows you transfer them, easy-peasie! (I hope the comp has the slot...)

re: expecting too much --you're probably right re: expectations. But J is always the only one every single time. I don't understand how the other mothers are getting their children to sit with them.

Oh, and I got the spaghetti sauce stain out. I finally came across this awesome home made remedy (full bottle of hydrogen peroxide, two tablespoons baking soda and one tbsp Dawn dish detergent). Worked like a miracle. The poo stain had no chance at all against my rocking new carpet cleaner. And afterwards, you just vacuum the stain up. :happydance:

Leaving him alone is what I do, for the most part; I only intervene if he's about to harm himself and others. Or when he's tearing a smallish music/activity room apart. Otherwise, I stay away for as long as I can. But I need him to at least be quiet and present during the introductions and instructions period (which lasts all of a minute), because I don't want to miss them. Though maybe I could be even more laissez faire.

And no, there really is no downtime. It's only a question whether or not you can get him to play individually. He does sleep well, though, and long, so at least we get that break in the afternoon and after supper.

I hope this isn't an early sign of ADHD! :shock:

I am awake, L is asleep... Oh the irony! Hello pregnancy insomnia and hip pain... Arrrrghhhhhhhh

Just wanted to wish Gael a very happy 2nd birthday!! It's my baby's turn tomorrow for the big 2!! ����
Xxx

Oh happy birthday G and happy birthday for tomorrow L! Our babies are getting all grown up!

Happy birthday Gael :happydance:!!! They are lots of work aren't they kosh:). But sometimes you look at them and this strange love feeling just feels your whole being :kiss:. A connection you will never have with anyone else but your kid or kids :thumbup:.

Clio: thiago is the same as J and I, like you, wonder how in the world are these kids staying with their mommies :shrug:!!! I gave up on trying to do anything that involves a group and following orders. When he is a bit older we will try it again :thumbup:.

Thiago woke up at 2 am and stayed up for about one hour and slept in till 7:30am ( I woke him up:).

happy b-day to Gael and Miss L is 2 tomorrow? Finn is 2 on the 3rd of February....and yes, Borboleta - I agree with you - there is something about seeing LO that just warms my heart and makes me happy (I try to remember this at 1am, though!).

clio - me no understand this SD talk, but OH said he transferred the 'computer' file thingy, so will try later (I was going to post/scan my 'matriculation picture' from Oxford as it's one of my favourite pics and my student ID from a few years later as it was the only ID or passport picture that I ever liked!)....after I lose some more weight, I will post a more modern one, but I still have the same haircut, colour and lovely smile!....

bye!

ok, here goes...the first one is very 'sweet', but the ID card looks almost glamorous....

hehehe!

Attachments

• pictures_0001.jpg
    pictures_0001.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 4
  • pictures_0004.jpg
    pictures_0004.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics