any other over 35 first time mums?

Clio I hate the carseat too! Especially at the minute as I have fat disabled hands! It's a challenge every time.... Sigh!

L is just in bed, dh gave her a biscuit at 8.15?? Why! She was just about to go to bed and he gave her a biscuit cause she caught him eating one in the kitchen (probably cause he was dying for a smoke!).. silly man.

with LO's final before bed bottle, I always give him a tea biscuit, (for usa, can't think of any equivalent, but it's like vanilla snaps?)

My hair is sadly 'dyed' red - I was born with reddish hair, but it changed to brown when I about 2....sometimes, when Finn was a little younger, in certain lights, his hair had a red tinge, but essentially, he has blonde hair in sunlight and light brown with blondish bits in normal light!

let's see....I gained about 50lbs when pregnant with LO, BUT in my defence, about 20lbs was probably water with the pre-eclampsia, and although tested for GD and other problems, didn't have any (pre-eclampsia developed around wk 34)....

um......have come down a cold/flu again! GROWL! LO is in good spirits, but OH is wondering whether to take a job that pays alot less than his previous, just to have a job, but I keep reminding him that he has been 'unemployed' for only two weeks!

personals:

Kosh - I haven't seen a recent picture of Gael until you posted - he's a little boy (and so cute!)
clio - I was of course, tres sophesticated!

I've been doing some of beloved Latin today and yesterday and spoke to a few schools as well -- I'm in this odd middle space of too qualified for a secondary school but not qualified for a tenured position at a university! I will focus on my language teaching, etc., in my applications, but angel, we are either looking for something on the outskirts of London or up north (outer London still means London allowance!)

hope all are well and hugs!

I'm missing all of these photographs!

Okay, here I am right now, in all my glory.

Everyday look (back in November--I'm a bit thinner now, but wear the same):

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2861/11985121375_9a4e1426e0.jpg

This was me at J's birthday, a month ago:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2892/11985548073_0bc19e2b56.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3803/11985141695_3cb157ae4c.jpg

(I don't have a one with my face full-on.)

And there you go. I guess that if I'm going to have a positive body image, I should allow myself to be photographed more. :blush:

Claire--I found yours! You look beautiful!

Lol Clio....what are you carrying? :haha: You are as lovely as I imagined.

Yes, of course....I keep forgetting how cold it is there. :dohh: Is it frigid & snowy all winter?

Sabrina...I'm quite surprised...you look like a natural redhead....most bottle redheads
look a bit off, IYKWIM...

Now I curious about henna....

quick as I am at work
indigo - have you deleted teh picture already? i think at least claire and I could not see it! :nope:

clio - I agree, you look great, and I think the hair down suits you better.

does it mean that I have to post a picture of myself now? recent or old? :winkwink:

borboleta - I knew you'd say that you could not let T have long hair!! :haha: and had no idea you guys called us 'gringos' :shrug::haha:

clio - clic, clac, muuu (spanish version) has just arrived - I love it! :thumbup:

--
eta - only waiting for STUCK now!

Lovely pics Clio. What is that cuddly fur baby in your carrier?

oh, before I forget - I have a Maya ring sling that I don't use, before I put in on ebay, does anybody wanted here? :flower:

Lol Clio....what are you carrying? :haha: You are as lovely as I imagined.

Yes, of course....I keep forgetting how cold it is there. :dohh: Is it frigid & snowy all winter?

Sabrina...I'm quite surprised...you look like a natural redhead....most bottle redheads
look a bit off, IYKWIM...

Now I curious about henna....

From end of October till mid- to end-April. :cry:

That's Nuko, a stuffed animal given to J by a friend when he was born. He was enamoured with him for a day or two a few months ago. He's not one to get obsessed with stuffies, so we made the most of it.

OH is right, I've got to stop wearing that sweatshirt. It is far too large for me. It is one of OH's. I've also cut my hair since; it's above my shoulders now.

I never wear my hair down when it's long enough to put up. Saves washing it all the time (it's a lot of hair. A lot to wash and dry. That was a special occasion.)

I've kicked Cleo out of my room for the night because she kept trying to wake me up when OH got up (4 am) and when J woke up (5 am), instead of just leaving and having fun on her own, or with Morgan, who was also up. I still keep my door open, though, and this morning, I woke up to her lying on my chest, just under my chin. :cloud9:

Kosh: yes yes yes picture :happydance: please!!!! New one new one:)!!! It is funny that I have seen a picture of your OH and not of you :haha:!!
And I have no idea why we call you guys gringo :haha:!!! Do you call foreign people gringos? Maybe that is why :shrug:.
What is a maya sling ring :)?

Clio: I love you:). And I love the pics that you posted. You are so funny!! That one of you holding that little monster on that baby carrier :haha::haha:!! Loved it!! And I agree with kosh I love the ones that you wear your hair down:). Are you a natural blonde? Have you gone red before? I bet your beautiful fair complexion would handle a deep red very well too:). Like Sabrina. Do you have blue eyes?

Claire: I love your pics too. There is one on fb of you and L together that is just so beautiful:). And what was the cake theme?

Today we are going for a play group arranged on fb with some Brazilian ladies at the children's museum here that I have never met before. Should be fun :haha:. Talk to you ladies later:).

Indigo--what car seat do you have that allows for the easy transfer of N? I want it. Ours came with such good reviews re: the harness system, yet I HATE the harness.

Borboleta--I'm a natural mousey brown, so I colour/highlight my hair blonde. Red would be too risqué for me! My eyes are also blue; in fact I have the same eyes as J--they're just not as prominent anymore.

Borboleta--how could you go so long without going to a Children's Museum, if you had one at your disposal? We would have gone there a million times by now. Of course, you don't have to stay in, so I guess you have more options...

I am getting more and more bitter about the weather. I apologize, my friends who must listen to it all... It's also an Edmonton tradition, though, to become completely desperate by February to get out. I just started a little early. Like December.

Hi ladies! Love all the pictures, but I missed Indigo's :(

Guess I'll have to find one now, so you all know what I look like...

Glad the birthday girl had so much fun in London!

Got all caught up, but haven't been able to post much as Blake seems to be at a stage where he wants to be with me all the time. He's so adorable, and I'm loving this age as he's exploring everything. He's pulling up on everything now, thinks the little wicker garbage can in the family room has wonderful treasures in it (usually just Kleenex, I know ewwww :haha:), and loves his singing plastic Lettersauras. His balance (just sitting and standing, not close to walking yet) is a lot better just in the last week or so, so I give him a lot more freedom in the house. Oh, and he bit my arm twice recently, and I have two lovely bruises to show for it. I think he's trying to bite my shirt (teething), but gets my skin too. Didn't think those little teeth could hurt so much! And when I say ouch, he giggles :wacko:

Pregnancy weight: I gained about 50 pounds, and I'm very excited as I'm down to 132.5 this morning! I was about 160 after B was born i think, about 125 pre-preg. So, I'm almost there!! I think I could be ok with 130, but only if I get more fit.

Body image: my mom never had a problem that she voiced and was a great body image role model imo, but my dad was always very vocal about "yucky fat" (can't think of another way to say it), and he got up very early every morning before work to do lots and lots of exercising. And yes, I am more like my dad. I was diligent about exercising before i got pregnant and i was a size 2 here. My mom made him Tell me "something nice" when I was pregnant and they came to visit, so he said that I wasn't "as fat as he thought I'd be" That was a compliment! :haha:

B - hope you have a great time today and meet some nice new friends :)

Love you all, sorry no more personals, got to get more laundry done before my sweetums wakes up from nap as he cries if I go in the basement when he's awake.

Kitty--a size 2! Holy! I'll be lucky if I ever fit in a 10 again! I'm hovering around ten for my bottom half (narrow pelvis--hence J's c/s), and a 12 on top (large breasts. Always have had them and they've always caused trouble when trying to find tops with buttons.) This time, I'll settle for 145. I'm 5'7" and I look and feel the healthiest between 140 and 145. I wish I were still riding; I was so trim and fit back then...

What a cutie pie with B cruising! You could use the wicker basket to put unfamiliar objects in for B to find! I think it was Charlie and SK who did something similar. I wonder why he's clingy all of a sudden?

kosh--isn't Click Clack Moo something else? J now loves Duck, who is the main character in the other books. I think I'm going to get J "Stuck" on his own instead of waiting for my SIL to lend it to us. With her memory, I won't ever get it.

***Okay, just bought it.***

Noooooo! J is awake! He went down from swimming and then later playing in a soft play area, and I thought he'd be down for a nap for hours! Poo! Okay, gotta go!

Hi everyone,

Clio: I really should go to the children's museum more often like you said. Today was very busy. I like going in there when is less crowded. But it was nice meeting two Brazilian moms that have children thiago's age :thumbup:. We are already planning another play group but this time in our own homes so we can sit and talk while the kids play :winkwink:. Although knowing thiago he will be glued to me as usual :dohh:.

Kitty: yes we want to see pictures of you and kosh next :thumbup:. You must be tall and thin like my SIL. And I cannot be live your dad said that to you while you were pregnant :dohh:!!! I actually don't remember my parents being overly concerned about body image, or at least expressing, but one day my mom decided to have a tummy tuck. She loved it.
And it sounds like B might be getting the separation anxiety thing that they talk about. I remember thiago being around his age when he all of a sudden decided that mommy and me are the same people and should stick together always :dohh:!! He is almost two and he is still the same :wacko::haha:. I heard that it slows down around 3 years old :wacko::dohh::wacko:!!!

Hugs to all:).

Sorry ladies, no decent post from me. The funeral nearly killed me, not emotionally, physically. Half hour drive there (my dad drove), big walk to the church, had to be there early as it was a big funeral, 2 hours sitting on a chair, big walk back to the car and half hour drive back. Bearing in mind I'm measuring full term... I'm so wrecked and I have the cold and every time I cough it hurts cause bubba is so high up! I am so done with being pregnant... I just want her here!

So many skinny ladies on here, I've never been below a UK 10 (is that a US 6?) and tbh I don't want to be, I look too old skinny :) After bubs I will happily settle for a good solid UK 12 xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->